• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's E3 Site up: "more than 20 new gaming experiences" being demoed

I'm wondering if that mysterious SOUL SACRIFICE game will make a showing, even though it has it's own event the coming 10th of May. I'm really, really, REALLY hoping it's a new Souls game in the vein of Demons/Dark Souls, but for the VITA. That combined with Warrior's Lair will make two killer apps that you must own a VITA for. As long as both are confirmed for a soon to be release date I'll be happy.

VITA stuff is expected, they'll be stupid to not have CoD VITA, Assassin's Creed VITA and other big, big franchises to help push sales. What will be interesting are the mysterious things their internal studios are working on, like sucker punch's new game, the main naughty dog team's new game, guerilla game's new game(s?), and so on. Will these be VITA games or PS3, or on both and cross platform?

ReaperXL7

Maybe Kojima is going to demo Project Ogre at the press conference.

Thats possible, as far as Vita goes though I think the most possible Japanese third party exclusive for the Vita at E3 atleast is Inafune's game. I think it's even more likely because we know it's coming from the Vita game heaven thing, and he seems to greatly dislike TGS these days.

I'm actually really interested to see what he has been up to personally.

Loudninja

Is that true? I thought it was just the ex-head of SSM that went to Japan to help SCEJ turn itself around.
Yoshida: Well, you know, it’s not just Santa Monica. We have great tech people in Worldwide Studios. We have a central tech group in the U.S. and the U.K. so we are giving them whatever help they need. Technically, we have the best engineers in the U.S. and Europe, so these teams are helping them, giving advice.
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/02/shuhei-yoshida-dice-interview/

Is that true? I thought it was just the ex-head of SSM that went to Japan to help SCEJ turn itself around.

He did. But a recent report also noted that both Sony Santa Monica and SCE's UK technology group were trying to help complete the project.

EDIT: Beaten.

Maybe Kojima is going to demo Project Ogre at the press conference.

I think it's worth noting that the "20 games" thing applies to Sony's booth, and not press conference. Theoretically, they could announce something crazy for either platform during their press conference, but still not have it playable on their booth. Though that would suggest that it's not going to release soon.

Total booth square footage.

SCEA=24,300(another 1,800 for the lunch room, whatever that is)
NoA=24,900
MS=26,100

So counting the lunch room, SCEA and MS are the same size.

I could imagine something like the next David Cage project coming to Vita.
I hope this actually isn't the case...

Now, for the 20 titles, I hope they're not just Move re-releases (at least Vita ports with DLC or some extra things, but not Move). They're probably just that or even third party games, who knows.

Arnie

I'm glad Sony are sending the help to Team ICO, I read on here the other weak that TLG was cancelled, which I hoped wasn't true. Really want to see it at E3, and I hope they're honest about the problems they've been having. I have to say the central game idea did seem remarkably ambitious when they announced it.

I think The Last Guardian will be sony's big closer.

They try and close with something that makes the media home happy and I think a new TLG trailer + a date for Q2 2013 would do that.

But I think SCEJ is normally pretty quiet at e3 time so who knows really.

The Last of Us would also make a good closing demo if ND can make something as good as there last 2 e3 demo's.

I think The Last Guardian will be sony's big closer.

They try and close with something that makes the media home happy and I think a new TLG trailer + a date for Q2 2013 would do that.

But I think SCEJ is normally pretty quiet at e3 time so who knows really.

The Last of Us would also make a good closing demo if ND can make something as good as there last 2 e3 demo's.

who knows, it could happen

after all, the last guardian did get revealed @ e3

still, i have a suspicion that we won't hear anymore about this title for a long time

joshwaan

I'm hoping for a Souls game on Vita as well as seeing what COD looks like not a big fan but it will help with sales :)

I think it might be Viewtiful Joe 3.

Bahahhahahahhahaha.

iq6A8mzqtqQeb.gif

B.O.O.M

Quantic Dream doesn't make handheld friendly titles. All it would indicate is that Sony still doesn't understand how to sell that system.

Anyway, we already know that their next project is a PS3 game. I doubt that they'd port it.

I don't believe they have made, 'any' handheld title to make such a statement

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit they have the biggest fire lane!

Oh it will be a surprise alright.At MS's show. :p

Well it seems Square won't even be showing it off, again e_e

http://www.egmnow.com/8bitenvy/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-a-no-show-at-e3/

Who knows wth is going on with Nomura's team, other than it's consistently being cannibalized to support their other projects. Anyway, I hope they have information on some more apps and games for the VITA. I also feel like after all the VITA hype/info, the PS3 isn't getting many announcements lately, the only things to look forward to later this year/next year are the likes of PS: All-Stars Battle Royale, The Last Of Us, Ni No Kuni, to name a few.

Well it seems Square won't even be showing it off, again e_e

http://www.egmnow.com/8bitenvy/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-a-no-show-at-e3/

Who knows wth is going on with Nomura's team, other than it's consistently being cannibalized to support their other projects. Anyway, I hope they have information on some more apps and games for the VITA. I also feel like after all the VITA hype/info, the PS3 isn't getting many announcements lately, the only things to look forward to later this year/next year are the likes of PS: All-Stars Battle Royale, The Last Of Us, Ni No Kuni, to name a few.

This is speculation based on the fact that Square Enix didn't announce to EGM that they would be showing it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The next time I expect to see Versus XIII is at TGS. Square Enix's E3 2012 line-up is heavily focused on Eidos titles this year.

the last "hurrah" before the new system is announced next E3?

looks like I'll be playing a lot with moustachioed plumbers come Christmastime. previous generation systems just don't interest me anymore.

ReaperXL7

Nope. Not unless they surprise announce it or something... which I doubt considering the other big Eidos stuff they have lined up.

Kagari, this is probably a long shot, but you seem to know allot about the Japanese side of the industry. What do you think the chances are of Inafune showing his Vita game at E3? I'm curious because I know he does not really seem to care about TGS anymore, not really expecting you to know the answer, but i'm curious about your thoughts on it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Kagari, this is probably a long shot, but you seem to know allot about the Japanese side of the industry. What do you think the chances are of Inafune showing his Vita game at E3? I'm curious because I know he does not really seem to care about TGS anymore, not really expecting you to know the answer, but i'm curious about your thoughts on it.

A slim chance maybe. I still think even though Inafune says what he does about Japan though that his games will still focus on the Japanese audience (I mean, the dude was promoting Neptunia after all...) I could see a TGS announcement depending on how far along it is. To me it would make more sense anyway.

Something like using Inafune as an important name in the industry might be lost on a lot of the American audience, however, which is what E3 is largely targeted toward these days.

Top Bottom