• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Fate Grand Order has the highest amount of money spent on MTX by consumers in mobile games

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
top-10-apps-by-consumer-spend-2019.png

Bryank75

Banned
Sony are really doing well at the moment, music is doing great with streaming, sensors and cameras are selling more because there are three cameras on each phone now and they have over half the market, gaming....that's obvious and movies and finance are doing very well too.

Company is up to approximately 84 Billion market value now. It's estimated that it will grow another 60% or so. Japan is on the rise in general too... which is important.

Soon they should be worth twice what Nintendo is.

Bernkastel

Sony are really doing well at the moment, music is doing great with streaming, sensors and cameras are selling more because there are three cameras on each phone now and they have over half the market, gaming....that's obvious and movies and finance are doing very well too.

Company is up to approximately 84 Billion market value now. It's estimated that it will grow another 60% or so. Japan is on the rise in general too... which is important.

Soon they should be worth twice what Nintendo is.
I hope you are joking. They are 12.4 times the size of Nintendo.

I hope Sony still get it that mobile games consumers and console gamers are different market. I hope they don't start drooling on those MTX number and try to get as much from console gamers.

But I have faith in Sony.

FranXico

So, are MTX in this Sony Music mobile game supposed to lead me to any conclusions regarding SIE and Playstation?

thelastword

Banned
So, are MTX in this Sony Music mobile game supposed to lead me to any conclusions regarding SIE and Playstation?
Well MTX on mobile games is the order of the day, it's normal, it's how they make money there......Prior to 2013, all the hoopla was mobile gaming would take over consoles because of the billions of cellphones and tablets that exist (android, apple) and even MS at a time with their windows phone...…...Consoles would be dead et al......Clearly, Sony is reaping some cash there and doing well with Fate, but their console business has done amazingly well this gen whilst not pushing MTX down the throats of people with their PS4 games......So I think, PlayStation will be allright there.....

Just recently Sony said they are going to continue with their bread and butter, which is high productions SP games as a main dish, few if any MTX in those and whatever MTX they may have had this gen has not been obtrusive...

Bernkastel

The crazy thing is Fate Grand Order is not under Sony Games, it's under Sony Music...…..Apart from Fate, Sony also has quite a few mobile games under Music as well......and quite a few under Sony Pictures.....

https://www.pocketgamer.biz/asia/news/67469/sony-financials-q3-fy17/
You know its still published by Sony, not Panasonic.

Top Bottom