• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Motion Control Line-Up screenshot thread

noah111

Still Alive
Callibretto said:
since this is PS Move's lineup screenshot thread, I'll just post this screen caps from sony motion control trailer. I already post this in the other Sony GDC thread even though this thread is probably more appropriate, I think it's the flashlight game that has been shown in 2 separate montages but we haven't heard anything about it before.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2jewgih.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/28ipwk6.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Yeah, it was in the old trailer from GC ([URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371645"]remember this thread[/URL]);

[IMG]http://i25.tinypic.com/kcdny1.png

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Callibretto said:
since this is PS Move's lineup screenshot thread, I'll just post this screen caps from sony motion control trailer. I already post this in the other Sony GDC thread even though this thread is probably more appropriate, I think it's the flashlight game that has been shown in 2 separate montages but we haven't heard anything about it before.

2jewgih.jpg

28ipwk6.jpg
So, the horror game is still coming? Great news!

noah111

Still Alive
I wonder why they didn't show more of it in the trailer? It looks fine, you don't even need to demo it just show it.. guess it's one of those titles they're holding for E3.

From the looks of it, it's a full game that's actually developed around the Move, which we haven't seen the likes of yet..

Callibretto said:

is this that Redwood Falls game, looks very similar based off the shots posted.

CamHostage

Callibretto said:

One quick note about this "Flashlight Horror" game is that in the GameSpot interview about The Shoot, the guy does say that there are multiple games and game types in there, and that one of the tools you'll be wielding will be a flashlight... so, it is possible that this is just a stage in The Shoot.

(I don't think it is the same game, however, given that the reticule is nowhere to be seen and there's been no action shown in "Flashlight Horror" in any sequence I've seen. I can't tell if the engine is similar from the little we've seen? Graphic style for The Shoot is all over the map so you can't be sure there. Also, if it was the same game, it would have made sense for Sony to include Flashlight Horror sequences in the released screenshots since this clip looked good.)

CamHostage

Bungieware said:
I don't understand why Sony didn't do what Microsoft did and show something like Milo, i.e. software that smacks you in the face so hard that you don't doubt the innovation of the hardware. They need(ed) something that says "This is so much more advanced than the Wii, and is even a dumbed down version would only be possible on PS3".

Because they don't have anything by somebody of Molyneux's calibre who has kept a pet project in development for over half a decade just waiting for its moment...

Milo is Project Dimitri, which he first announced as a project in development in 2001. Granted, Richard Marks at Sony also had tennis balls on sticks interacting with PS2 EyeToy probably not too long after, but he's not a software designer. So when Microsoft needed a killer app for its unveiling, they had a genius in house who had a web cam-based project all ready to adapt to the new 3D camera technology; when Sony needed a killer app, nobody had a game in development that was just waiting for somebody to invent a lightbulb on a stick.

cornerman

I guess I just don't see what the fuss is. I mean I'm not greatly excited for motion controls, but this is what I'd expect at this level. Did people really think they wouldn't get any games that resembled those on the Wii to some degree. It makes sense. I realize this isn't for everyone, but neither are countless of other genres. The teams that GAF cares about are still working on the games that you care about, and those games are still going to use the trusty ol' DS3.

I mean we get MLB: the Show, and MLB 2K10, and whatever...why wouldn't Sony or MS have their own versions. Granted none of want to see a ton of shovelware, but you've got to expect some recreations of things like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, light gun shooters, etc. I think its a good approach for Sony honestly (provided you're going to do it to begin with). They aren't talking like this is the second coming or anything, its product that they hope will attract another market. Its simple enough to be applied at low cost (time or money). They don't seem to be using the Move to be the thing that will primarily carry the PS3. I think they're expecting a market like they had for EyeToy.

Natal is going to have pretty much the same thing, except it'll have more of a focus on how Natal makes the dashboard and Xbox Live better. Facebook integration and all that. I just don't see these as all that bad...especially for the folks who'd potentially buy it. Pricing and all that is another question altogether, but as far as launch content...its not that bad.

Callibretto said:

Alan Wake: The Prequel... :P

Bradach

Flying_Phoenix said:
All of them look like shit besides "Motion Fighter", which looks pretty good from those screens.
People that have played it say the controls are poor at the moment, hopefully they'll tighten them up, could be good if they do.
If it plays anything like it looked like on the recent move tv ad it'll be brilliant!

shagg_187 said:
SHOVELWARE IN HD BITCHES! About time we get some Imagine: Babyz featuring PS3's crying baby from hell!!!!!!
:lol

Yeah, I can't say I'm excited by all this stuff. If I was, I'd be playing my Wii.

onipex

speculawyer said:
:lol

Yeah, I can't say I'm excited by all this stuff. If I was, I'd be playing my Wii.

You know, I think that sums up my thoughts on move and what Sony hopes it does perfectly.

nismor2 said:
Remember that Sony said this is just a small sample and they will show more at E3. They still have another venue to show the big guns. They going head to head with the NATAL at E3, why not hold of the good stuff for that showdown at E3.

They are also going head to head with Motion + Zelda and whatever else Nintendo has to offer for the Wii. Since they said they want Wii users to get a PS3 I think they will need something that will top that.

Jim

Planet MiniGolf from Zen Studios was announced today. Coming out this Spring, but will be compatible with the Move (via patch I assume).

ZEN Studios is ready to set the course on fire today as it announced Planet MiniGolf will be coming exclusively to PlayStation®Network in Spring 2010! ZEN is applying its acclaimed ball physics engine used in top-selling ZEN Pinball to deliver the best golf experience on PlayStation!

• PlayStation Move Functionality – Planet MiniGolf will be fully compatible with PlayStation 3's upcoming motion control system, "Move"

Couple of screens:

iceatcs

Hmm, I think we will get lot of PS move functionality from now to fall from 3rd parties, but we can't play this feature until PS Move release.

Man

Callibretto said:

2jewgih.jpg

28ipwk6.jpg

Would be cool if this was Cambridge Studios game.

pakkit

Banned
That golf game needs more bloom.

I'm glad that EA Tiger is on PS3 though. The last Wii MotionPlus game was brilliant, so if they can translate those controls and use the better online structure and graphics of the PS3, PS3 owners will have the best golf game on the market.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If it has a horror game, I'll be buying Move day one. :D

yurinka

WTF. This golf game has a serious problems with aesthetics, like the GDC Move shovelware.

Right now I'm more interested for old games being patched (LBP, RE5, Flower, Heavy Rain etc) than in current games announced for this.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Callibretto said:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2jewgih.jpg[/]
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/28ipwk6.jpg[/][/QUOTE]

Alan Move ?

this is the only Move game that look interesting to me.

I love playing some Putt Putt golf so I'll be picking that up if it's any good. Been meaning to try out some Wii games but just haven't really seen any footage so I never know if they're any good or not.

Top Bottom