• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Motion Control Line-Up screenshot thread

Banned
Don't think it's possible for them to have found an uglier set of people to demo Move Party than the ones in those screenshots. Nancy was pretty fine though.

105wr2u.jpg

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I can't believe this :lol :lol

I am very sure this will be relegated to EyeToy status, won't have much of an impact. Man does that stuff look shitty. I could eat my words down the road, but right now Sony is just being shameless. Just wow :lol

This must be incredibly embarrassing for Sony. This shit looks on par with the worst of the worst on the Wii.

It's like someone wrote a script for an Airplane-like move on the video game industry.

Just remember that imitation is the greatest of compliments. In some way this will actually benefit the Wii. At least to me this shows serious weakness from both Sony and Microsoft (through Natal of course).

This also seems to scream that Sony just doesn't get the Wii success....the same way the Wii 3rd party wannabe imitators don't "get" it.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Flying_Phoenix said:
All of them look like shit besides "Motion Fighter", which looks pretty good from those screens.

it is just SONY trying to make wii boxing more gritty

GDGF

Soothsayer
Well, at least there's a lot of casual software already available to port directly to this thing. You guys like ports of casual games, right?

Yeef

I couldn't help but laugh at the TV faces. At least that game will have SOME value. I'm sure they will become new memes in a matter of minutes.

Monocle

00011000 said:
kinda like Xbox Avatars? I agree.
You're not far off. If Microsoft permitted players to choose different graphical styles for our avatars, I'd be a bigger fan of the feature. I happen to enjoy character creation very much. Generic cartoonish nonsense somewhat dilutes my enthusiasm for the activity.

I don't understand why companies (Nintendo, Microsoft, and now apparently Sony) think a casual audience necessitates graphics for the 10-and-under set. It's possible to be family friendly without condescending to people.

I'm a whore for lightgun style shooters. Sony can at least say they made one gamer happy with The Shoot. It's a shame this one person doesn't even have a PS3 though. :lol

My 15 month old daughter will love some of these, I have a ps3 and pseye so it's no biggie. LOL at the haters, no one is forcing you to buy any of it.

You know, Wii in HD sounded so good in theory, but then you actualyl SEE it and...:lol :lol :lol

This would have been received as less of a joke if what was shown didn't look so flat out bad.

I would totally buy Rockstar Table Tennis redone using Move though, would be awesome.

Razor210

I sure hope the fighting game was really early.

It's almost bordering on unplayable. If this were a console unto itself, the casual stuff would have a better stuff of taking off. That stuff looks pretty good.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
they have some footage of EyePet, which looks kind of cool, but it probably could have been done with just the PSEye.

as much as I am really not interested in motion control (of any kind, on any system), why is it that sony decides that GDC would be the most opportune event to announce the ps move along with it's launch lineup. I always felt GDC was strictly for developers, hence the name GDC. announcing these types of "supposed" innovations should be announced at E3 or PAX or TGS, announcing this at GDC will only really be seen a narrow group of gamers, those of whom ,most likely than not, aren't casual gamers...

Takao

Banned
I assume almost all of that is SCEE's work. Seems like the stuff they'd shove out. But gee golly Badman, I sure want to see what kind of game Ape Escape is! I also want to see what From Software has in store.

ZZMitch

babyghost853 said:
My 15 month old daughter will love some of these, I have a ps3 and pseye so it's no biggie. LOL at the haters, no one is forcing you to buy any of it.

I wish I could buy it, but I have a firm stance against buying shovelware so i can't...

at least not in its current state.

Takao

Banned
diztrukted said:
as much as I am really not interested in motion control (of any kind, on any system), why is it that sony decides that GDC would be the most opportune event to announce the ps move along with it's launch lineup. I always felt GDC was strictly for developers, hence the name GDC. announcing these types of "supposed" innovations should be announced at E3 or PAX or TGS, announcing this at GDC will only really be seen a narrow group of gamers, those of whom ,most likely than not, aren't casual gamers...

"Hey Developers, Move does this. Port all successful Wii games to Move."

TunaLover

I saw

Onslaught 2
Wild West Guns 2
Project H.A.M.M.E.R Revival
Zack & Wiki 2
Gamez
Soul Calibur Legends 2 (fighting game this time)
Link's Crossbow Training 2
High Voltage's Gladiator game port
Table Tennis Move Edition
Mii Playable

In the OP

Sipowicz

Banned
the painting game from motion party looks good, but i saw it on natal and there doesn't seem to be much of a point to it

the rest either looks shit or a graphically enhanced version of a wii minigame

i cant see anyone ever buying a PS3 for this. seems to have as much system selling potential as home

Monocle

TunaLover said:
Onslaught 2
Wild West Guns 2
Project H.A.M.M.E.R Revival
Zack & Wiki 2
Gamez
Soul Calibur Legends 2 (fighting game this time)
Link's Crossbow Training 2
High Voltage's Gladiator game port
Table Tennis Move Edition
Mii Playable
Bolded is the only thing that appeals to me here.

Top Bottom