• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's PS5 year 1 exclusive lineup looks stacked

KAL2006

Banned
Now that we know Horizon: Forbidden West is targeting 2021 the lineup just seems stacked. A far cry from most new console launches.

Astros Playroom
- confirmed to be a preloaded game at launch

- Spiderman: Miles Morales
Confirmed for 2020

- Godfall
Confirmed for 2020

- Sackboy
Full gameplay trailer looks to be far in development most likely 2021 atleast

- Destruction Allstars
Another one with full gameplay

- Horizon: Forbidden West
Confirmed to be targeting 2021 release

- Ratchet and Clank: A Rift Apart
Another one with long gameplay demo. Also the last Ratchet was a while back and Spiderman Miles Morales looks to be more of a standalone expansion set in the same location so I can easily see inSomniac releases this in 2021

- Returnal
Another game with full gameplay trailer. Also Housemarque were the first to release a game on PS4 so I can easily see them releasing PS5 exclusive early on

- Demon's Souls Remake
This is a remake surely they can release this by November 2021

- Gran Turismo 7 - December
Full gameplay trailer, also they are likely reusing the same car models from Sport but adding many more. Thanks to reusing car models they can get this out sooner I'm expecting this being the bug holiday 2021 exclusive

I haven't even mentioned other PS5/PC exclusives and time exclusives as I can't remember those games.

But this is way better than PS4 where we got Killzone, Knack, Resogun, LittleBigPlanet 3, Driveclub and inFamous Second Son in the first year.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
tenor.gif

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Agreed. Year 1 for PS5 is looking amazing. There's likely another game or two we haven't heard about yet that will release Q4 next year.

Launch titles though... not so much? I mean I am hyped for Spider-Man Miles... but besides that, there hasn't been another confirmed, exclusive physical release. Besides Godfall which is on PC too, and will be multi-play in another year or so (correct me if I'm mistaken). Astro's Playroom is digital only and it's a "pack-in." Who knows how long of a game that one will be.

Bryank75

Banned
And Kena too, I believe.

I don't even think we've seen everything either. I still expect Silent Hill to show up, which, obviously, would be massive.

People will likely be wanting to play Dreams, The Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 at launch as well.
Certainly, I'll be doing new game+ on PS5.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Year 1 looks better than most year 1s for Playstation. Not sure if it's really "stacked" persay as it doesn't have that one killer app.

Reactions: Isa

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I actually still haven't finished, ore are going to wait for PS5 anyways for:

- Spiderman (which I'll play through and then add Miles stuff at the end)
- God of War
- Horizon Zero Dawn (although might just play this one on PC, we'll see)
- TLOU2
- Ghosts of Tsushima

So honestly their launch lineup doesn't even matter too much to me lol.. those games will probably end up in the ol' backlog.

Hoping all of the above games get good boosted BC support, but at the very least am waiting simply for that sweet, sweet SSD lovin'

HZD2 is the one I'm most looking forward to as far as PS5 games goes.

edit: Almost forgot about Days Gone! but haven't even bought/started that one..

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
And then once those games are pushed into 2022 we will be talking about how amazing 2022 looks for the PS5.

The only ones that look like they can be pushed back at Gran Turismo, Demon Souls and Horizon.

Also let's not forget other games can get announced and released such as Last of Us Online or a game from Team Siren (Gravity Rush 2 came out ages ago).

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I thought sony only confirmed 100 games. When did they increase the amount of ps4 games?
They did not give any timeframe when they made their "we expect the majority of PS4 games to be playable" comment.

The only comment in which they've given any sort of mention of "launch" is when they said they expect the majority of the top 100 games to be playable at launch. Bit of a touchy can of worms subject for some PlayStation fans for some reason who will swear Sony has claimed things they haven't claimed.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Some extra speculation from me.

I expect Sony to market their PS5 patches and call it Remaster Edition, rerelease them for retail and people who have PS4 version get patch for free.

For Launch
Horizon Remastered (based on the PC version)
Death Stranding Remastered (based on the PC version).

Spiderman Double Pack (Base Game and Miles Morales packed together)
Last of Us 2 Remastered + Online
Ghost of Tsushima Remastered (with a new DLC releasing similar to Infamous First Light).

These remasters will be more than just resolution bumps.

It's by the garbage tier developers "Sumo", who gave us such bug ridden titles like LBP3 and the long-in-development-hell Crackdown 3.
Expect Sackboy to suck ass.

The game wasn't bad as a platformer and I enjoyed local co-op. Good game for a chill night of casual play. Sometimes I just want to play a relaxing, fun game that doesn't involve laser like reflexes, tension and precision. The bugs did ruin it a lot for people and it took a while for the "fixes". Cant talk for Crackdown 3, didn't play it, but I've read the horror for sure.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I can't even get into the list stuff yet. We don't even know what else is coming. We've only seen one wave of games. Hopefully MS has a big July show and Sony counters with another reveal of some other games so we can get a clearer picture of what the launches will actually look like.

Fbh

"Targeting 2021" + Sony = Confirmed 2022.

If by some miracle Horizon + Demon Souls + Ratchet make it in 2021 it's going to be a great launch year. But I doubt it, though hopefully they have more stuff to reveal.

FranXico

It's by the garbage tier developers "Sumo", who gave us such bug ridden titles like LBP3 and the long-in-development-hell Crackdown 3.
Expect Sackboy to suck ass.
On the other hand, weren't they the ones who made OutRun 2006? I think they used to have a really good reputation.

Last edited:
The system seller on that list is Spider-man. I think that game is the "biggest" game coming at the launch of either consoles. I don't think you can even argue against it. Spider-man as a brand, has amazingly wide appeal especially now after all those Super Hero movies.

Personally, It is not the biggest game for me. I'm hoping that Little Devil Inside or Kena is a launch or near launch release. If those aren't then Ratchet will have to do.

Top Bottom