• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's PS5 year 1 exclusive lineup looks stacked

DonF

Right now there is no must have title for me. I'm more than happy to play old games via back compat. I hope I can still play apex, overwatch and rocket league, and also try my luck with my backlog.

ToadMan

I thought sony only confirmed 100 games. When did they increase the amount of ps4 games?

"We said that the PS5 has been designed to play PS4 games. We're going through the process with the publishers and developers testing that rather exhaustive library of over 4,000 games. We're happy with the progress that's been made," [Jim] Ryan said.

Rikkori

Launch day looks mega weak atm. It's basically just lost legacy spiderman. They better start showing some enhanced versions of PS4 games for back-compat as well else buying at release looks stupid esp when you look at Xbox's efforts. What's Sony showing on par with autoHDR?

Spiderman as a brand after all those super hero movies, eventhough the marvels avengers game from se looks like it will flop. Also the brand name doesn't matter people are not buying consoles for small games. System seller will be Fifa and Cod, spiderman will be fanboy-war argument. Also don't forget many ps4 players are just x360 players that didn't wanted the xbox-spy-one. Tell them there is a good halo and Nostalgia they will go there. Didn't MCC on steam even prove this?

I'm bookmarking this post. It's going to be added to my collection of predictions which will eventually end up in a thread titled "Thread of Shame: Ridiculous PS5 Predictions."

ZywyPL

Banned
So no 1st party exclusive on launch other than S-M? That would be the worst Playstation launch ever, this cannot be true, I bet there will be at least 3 games from Sony themselves. S-M, R&C, Sackboy are IMO given, with something more coming in Q1-H2 2021. They won't have a price advantage this time around, so they cannot wait 2-3 years with their 1st party games anymore.

iNvid02

Launch window looks like a flaccid cock, you guys aren't gonna change that by jerking the poor thing

On the bright side, Microsoft could be equally lame and halo infinite might suck

toker818

Banned
lol I can guarantee you at least 80 percent of those games will be delayed to 2022 Sony studios is known to always delay everything

Jon Neu

Banned
Now that we know Horizon: Forbidden West is targeting 2021 the lineup just seems stacked. A far cry from most new console launches.

Astros Playroom
- confirmed to be a preloaded game at launch

- Spiderman: Miles Morales
Confirmed for 2020

- Godfall
Confirmed for 2020

- Sackboy
Full gameplay trailer looks to be far in development most likely 2021 atleast

- Destruction Allstars
Another one with full gameplay

- Horizon: Forbidden West
Confirmed to be targeting 2021 release

- Ratchet and Clank: A Rift Apart
Another one with long gameplay demo. Also the last Ratchet was a while back and Spiderman Miles Morales looks to be more of a standalone expansion set in the same location so I can easily see inSomniac releases this in 2021

- Returnal
Another game with full gameplay trailer. Also Housemarque were the first to release a game on PS4 so I can easily see them releasing PS5 exclusive early on

- Demon's Souls Remake
This is a remake surely they can release this by November 2021

- Gran Turismo 7 - December
Full gameplay trailer, also they are likely reusing the same car models from Sport but adding many more. Thanks to reusing car models they can get this out sooner I'm expecting this being the bug holiday 2021 exclusive

I haven't even mentioned other PS5/PC exclusives and time exclusives as I can't remember those games.

But this is way better than PS4 where we got Killzone, Knack, Resogun, LittleBigPlanet 3, Driveclub and inFamous Second Son in the first year.

Ok but where are the good games?

Man-Laughing-Funny-Gif-Image.gif

Right now there is no must have title for me. I'm more than happy to play old games via back compat. I hope I can still play apex, overwatch and rocket league, and also try my luck with my backlog.
Yeah the only saving grace for the first year would be 60 fps 4K on all PS4 exclusive games.

Jon Neu

Banned
You have to ignore the AAA games to shit on the list

Amazing :messenger_tears_of_joy: you're so damn obvious

Horizon, Spiderman and Ratchet are the only AAA games for real.

Gran Turismo has been a hit and miss for far too long now and the graphics they showed are really not that good. The Demon’s Souls remake is a remake made by a third tier dev that almost everything they do is remasters.

Hunnybun

I feel like there is no hype for Destruction Allstars. It looks like the evolution of Twisted Metal I had hoped for, but never had till now.

Yeah it looks great.

With timed exclusives I think we're looking at around 15 exclusives just in the first year, with possibly more to be announced.

That's nothing short of incredible. How anyone could think otherwise is beyond me.

Horizon, Spiderman and Ratchet are the only AAA games for real.

Gran Turismo has been a hit and miss for far too long now and the graphics they showed are really not that good. The Demon’s Souls remake is a remake made by a third tier dev that almost everything they do is remasters.

Horizon, Spiderman, Ratchet, Returnal and GT7 all AAA exclusives

Then you have small/mid tier first party stuff, then you have the big third party games/exclusives

It's packed, and you have to be really desperate to try and downplay a lineup like that. Or you just don't like games

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
It's packed, and you have to be really desperate to downplay a lineup like that. Or you just don't like games

Sorry for not following the official Sony fanboy guidelines to gaming.

By the way, I bet Horizon wouldn’t even launch in 2021 when they can’t even show gameplay right now.

Sorry for not following the official Sony fanboy guidelines to gaming.

By the way, I bet Horizon wouldn’t even launch in 2021 when they can’t even show gameplay right now.

Well you need to come up with better ways to downplay their lineup. Sorry your agendas obvious

Last edited:

tryDEATH

Halo, Gears, Forza and Call of Duty nothing else matters.

I love this stereotype from PS fans, because it shows how oblivious they are to their own bias.

Spider-Man has over 10+ releases, Gran Turismo are at their 8th iteration, God of War has 6 releases, and Uncharted has released 5 thus far and these are just for the PS consoles not any spin offs that are on the Vita.

Yet, somehow they are all celebrated and generate incredible hype, but god for bid Halo, Forza and Gears get released all of a sudden everyone bandies about franchise fatigue or how washed up those franchises are.

Time to look in the mirror.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
That first year has some good stuff coming but I'm still concerned about the launch window for both right now, granted we haven't seen Microsoft's pitch yet.

To me the signing of 2 Bethesda games for timed exclusives tells me some of those games are still really up in the air when they will hit in 2021, minus Spider-Man.

Hunnybun

Horizon, Spiderman, Ratchet, Returnal and GT7 all AAA exclusives

Then you have small/mid tier first party stuff, then you have the big third party games/exclusives

It's packed, and you have to be really desperate to try and downplay a lineup like that. Or you just don't like games

And you forgot Demon's Souls.

So that's 6 AAA first party games currently expected to release in the first year. That's crazy.

Mr Hyde

Sony seems to have learned its lesson as the lineup for PS5 looks much more compelling than what it did for PS4. In fact, Sony has always had an abysmal first (and second) year for all of their consoles before the heavy hitters arrive. Now it seems they go all out with a bang. Very excited for the coming years with PS5. The holidays can't come soon enough.

Lukin1978

I love this stereotype from PS fans, because it shows how oblivious they are to their own bias.

Spider-Man has over 10+ releases, Gran Turismo are at their 8th iteration, God of War has 6 releases, and Uncharted has released 5 thus far and these are just for the PS consoles not any spin offs that are on the Vita.

Yet, somehow they are all celebrated and generate incredible hype, but god for bid Halo, Forza and Gears get released all of a sudden everyone bandies about franchise fatigue or how washed up those franchises are.

Time to look in the mirror.
No bias here I own all of the Halo and Gears games just trying out a little sarcasm.

DavidGzz

Mostly for Demon's and backwards compatibility but we'll see how the rest go. Mainly some Ghosts of Tshushima with no loading and 60fps hopefully. Spiderman could be good if it's $40 since it's more of a smaller game than the first I think.

ToadMan

I am still holding the slightest shred of hope for a Socom reveal in July being a launch title.

Aw man.... I was hopeful but I've given it up now.

A Socom remake would've easily tipped me into day 1 for PS5. As it is, until I see the launch lineup I'm reserving judgement...

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
The lineups incredible and I honestly can’t wait to get in there. Horizon is breathtaking and I hope Returnal gets a date for next year but I think it’s further out than that sadly.

tuco11

Aw man.... I was hopeful but I've given it up now.

A Socom remake would've easily tipped me into day 1 for PS5. As it is, until I see the launch lineup I'm reserving judgement...

Feel exactly the same. For me. Without a next gen multiplayer shooter at launch (I dont count new COD
) no need to get PS5 at launch.

That’s a very diverse launch lineup and it’s a prime example of what I admire about Sony the most. I remember buying the PSone on launch day and hoping Sony would be able to compete against Nintendo and Sega considering they both had a decade+ head start. They not only delivered, they literally crushed the competition and they’ve been consistent ever since, even with the PS3 stumbling out of the gate. No other console maker/pub/dev has their track record and as much as I love Nintendo and Microsoft(and Sega lol) too, Sony has been dominating for nearly 30 years in gaming.

iHaunter

It's not Media Molecule, but it does look fun. (I assume you are talking about Sackboy, as Godfall looks pretty meh).
I think God Fall will be far better than what they showed. Their marketing department is absolutely terrible and has not done a good job showing the game.

dorkimoe

Horizon and Ratchet are all I am interested in. Spider-man MAYBE. They need to launch with more games....these 2 are 2021

Vawn

Banned
Horizon and Ratchet are all I am interested in. Spider-man MAYBE. They need to launch with more games....these 2 are 2021

How many non-Nintendo consoles usually have a ton of launch games. These consoles are launching with Spider-Man and Halo respectively. That's not a bad start.

The PlayStation console with the biggest launch games was the PS Vita. A lot of good that did them.

You have to ignore the AAA games to shit on the list

Amazing :messenger_tears_of_joy: you're so damn obvious

They're feeling that pressure from Sony's viral reveal. I get it, really. They got a "gameplay" reveal with cinematics and faked gameplay not using in-game assets, but the better in-engine ones. And they weren't even running on Xbox HW. Just HW that performs like they expect Series X to perform. Of course, we know how that worked out for the PS3 target renders and XBO demos running on beefier PCs. Hope we don't get downgrades for Xbox again this gen.

Doom85

Man, aside from Godfall due to having character art, this makes me think of a MCU Phase timeline chart.

(Horizon 2 post credits)

Aloy: Who the hell are you?
Nathan Drake: Nathan Drake. Professional treasure hunter.
Aloy: Huh.
Nathan Drake: I'm here to talk to you about the Playstation Initiative.
Aloy: You mean Playstation All Stars? Heh, no thanks, I didn't think the first one was that great.
Nathan Drake: :(

Really? I thought that was one of the low points of the show.

Not the lowest though. That Goodbye Volcano High game looks like pure dog crap. I don't know how that got "stage" time, other than to appease the LGBTQ crowd.

Well, yeah. The point of gaming is to be entertained, to have fun, and escapism. Destruction All-Stars just looks fun to me. Nothing but flashy carnage in a charming package. What can I say? I am a sucker for fun. Goodbye Volcano High was... well... there's nothing terribly kind I can say about it.

Hunnybun

Well, yeah. The point of gaming is to be entertained, to have fun, and escapism. Destruction All-Stars just looks fun to me. Nothing but flashy carnage in a charming package. What can I say? I am a sucker for fun. Goodbye Volcano High was... well... there's nothing terribly kind I can say about it.

I thought it looked really promising. And underrated, graphically. It looked beautiful.

Destruction Allstars, I mean.

Top Bottom