• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonys upcoming Multiplayer Games have the ability to take them to the next level

manfestival

Why do you think Warhawk failed? What needs to change for a new version to be successful?

I can't believe I missed out on it for the PS3 (I bought Uncharted 2 with it...damn you Metacritic!) but I don't think Sony can greenlight a sequel without fixing what was broken about it.
That's a great question. If I were to speculate it would be that maybe the whole building on the fly mechanic was still somewhat ahead of its time. Though I have forgotten about the trends. I do recall that Starhawk had a lukewarm fan reaction. The devs kept the general art direction, gunplay(which took time to get used to since it was so floaty), and UI. However the gameplay was changed drastically. There were so many great hours spent playing Warhawk. I picked it up cause I needed a mic and the game was $40 at gamestop. Fantastic decision

kyliethicc

BTW these are the low res leaked shots of the upcoming TLOU multiplayer.

This leak was from March 2020 after the game was made standalone from TLOU2. Its on PS4 obviously.

A lot of this was from loading tests and stuff wasn't playable, it was rough.

This menu lists a 2v2 Encounter, Expedition Day 1, Skip to the Next Day, and to Restart Expedition.
That could be for PvE. Seems hard to imagine you could skip/restart something if it was PvP.

This shot shows PvP in the Seattle school map. Player character is a what looks like a Wolf.
There's a new HUD with what looks like armor + health bars, and a gas mask with a durability meter.
Still shows parts collection like in old Factions, and looks like the player has a new shotty pistol.
Also there's a compass (behind the DS4 overlay thats part of the dev kit) in the top right HUD.

This shot shows PvP in the the old Checkpoint map from the 1st game. Player character is a Wolf.
This might indicate the game will have both TLOU Parts 1+2 maps and weapons.
Looks like there's a player count in the top left HUD. Could be for players alive/dead, hard to say.

This shot showed Wolf and Scar NPCs while loading, but could just be placeholders for user created characters.

This shot shows someone playing as a Scar and using a bow. Same PvP at Checkpoint.

Last edited:

Rocco Schiavone

I am terrified of Microsoft and am always concerned about them.
I don't have faith in Sonys mp games.

The only time they had a strong mp game line up was back in the PS3 days.

What strong mp game had they during the PS4 era? Uncharted 4??

I don't have faith in Sonys mp games.

The only time they had a strong mp game line up was back in the PS3 days.

What strong mp game had they during the PS4 era? Uncharted 4??
TLOU Factions was fun. UC4 as you mentioned as well. I had a decent time with Killzone Shadow Fall but that didn't last very long.

As much as I love their single player games like God of War and Bloodborne. I'd love too see what they can do with MP space with the proper developer and good budget.

Bungie proves you can’t just tack on a multiplayer mode anymore

You need a genuine team that continually updates the MP and fosters routine engagement as a platform for years to come

That’s why I’m not sure Sony should distract other studios with GaaS unless they are ready to make a big commitment…but that takes resources away from the SP games

Last edited:
BTW these are the low res leaked shots of the upcoming TLOU multiplayer.

This leak was from March 2020 after the game was made standalone from TLOU2. Its on PS4 obviously.

A lot of this was from loading tests and stuff wasn't playable, it was rough.

This menu lists a 2v2 Encounter, Expedition Day 1, Skip to the Next Day, and to Restart Expedition.
That could be for PvE. Seems hard to imagine you could skip/restart something if it was PvP.

This shot shows PvP in the Seattle school map. Player character is a what looks like a Wolf.
There's a new HUD with what looks like armor + health bars, and a gas mask with a durability meter.
Still shows parts collection like in old Factions, and looks like the player has a new shotty pistol.

This shot shows PvP in the the old Checkpoint map from the 1st game. Player character is a Wolf.
This might indicate the game will have both TLOU Parts 1+2 maps and weapons.
Looks like there's a player count in the top left HUD. Could be for players alive/dead, hard to say.

This shot showed Wolf and Scar NPCs while loading, but could just be placeholders for user created characters.

This shot shows someone playing as a Scar and using a bow. Same PvP at Checkpoint.

Do you think these leaks became public in 2020 or do you think the game shown is from a 2020 build?

Top Bottom