• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorry Nintendo, we've decided that Link is officially a girl

Boogybro

iE4tD6YXl1LC8.gif

ttimebomb

These latest comments don't represent Nintendo's stance on the matter. Remember that last year Aonuma stated that Link could be a girl but Link is primarily meant to be a blank slate avatar for the player.

Isn't the game already mostly made, and revolves around Link splitting into 3 versions of himself?

This isn't like just replacing a sprite, the game is revolved around a palette swap for god's sake.

Read the PR statement in the OP.

Its not Link splitting into 3, but a prophecy that calls together 3 heroes who are all male.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Can we please just stop regendering everything.

I'm already trans and you cis folk getting into the gender business is throwing me for a loop.

Please can you go back to standard nuclear family thx I need something to rebel against

Neiteio

Can we please just stop regendering everything.

I'm already trans and you cis folk getting into the gender business is throwing me for a loop.

Please can you go back to standard nuclear family thx I need something to rebel against
I just want everyone to wear Lucina's boots, is that so much to ask

hpkomic

Neo Member
I totally want a female Link for a mainline Zelda game. I just don't want all Links to be retconned female. Is that fair?

Bob White

To this day people who don't play video games but kinda know about them will say to me "Oh, Zelda, that game where you play as that girl in green, right?" whenever the games come up.

Might as well make it official.

_woLf

I still can't believe that guy pulled out the "Some of our employees are _insert minority here_ and they don't seem to mind!" card.

Top Bottom