• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorry Nintendo, we've decided that Link is officially a girl

WarpGuN

Banned
hell-no-grumpy-cat-bbqz3cqp.jpg

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't understand why these game companies are so fucking bad at PR when it comes to this stuff.

Majmun

I'm not really known with Zelda lore. But can the hero be a girl? Or only a boy?

And If Link can be a girl, can Zelda be a boy? And Ganondorf be a woman?

kadotsu

Banned
So any androgynous male needs to be a girl right. Way to support the gender binary paradigm.

This also is a huge change. Nintendo would need to run at least one regex to change all the games. And we all know regex inclusion is the best inclusion.

Has Evilore been hanging around with that "I like mobile games so Shu is Jesus" guy?
Drunk? Crazy? Prophetic? (I think he knows something).

i mean we willed ff7remake,tlg,and shenmue 3 into being
if we did that we can do anything
quick someone make a female link support group

Dunno who this "we" is.

I mean I know who OP is but oh well.

Character is stated as a "blank slate" that the player can project themselves onto. So shy not make him the gender of the player as well?

i see statements like this and all it says to me is that you think women are incapable of projecting onto/identifying with male characters.

mcz117chief

We had the best Link already though:

This always baffled me. How can a Japanese company, of all companies, make such a bad sword stance. This is a classic how Holywood rips of Japan and then Japan rips off Holywood. There is no such stance and my master would always beat anyone who had arms stretched to the sides like that.

Regginator

Imagine how quick this thread would get locked if it was made by one of us pathetic commoners. The Flash wouldn't have shit on ModBot.

RK128

Welp, there you have it; NeoGaf itself believes Link is a girl, so roll with it Nintendo :).

On a more serous note, I wouldn't mind it honestly; it would be a great way to make the newer games in the series and offering male/female character options at the start of the game would be a very welcoming idea to all gamers :D.

Very few games in the series have Link have romantic relationships with people (the only ones I think do that are OoT, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword), so the idea isn't crazy to begin with.

With the Wii U game being open-world, it would be nice as games like Fallout 4, the Elder Scrolls games, and others offer the option, so why not you Nintendo?

Robotguy

I'm not really known with Zelda lore. But can the hero be a girl? Or only a boy?

To my knowledge there is nothing that requires the hero of time or the other tri-force piece holder to be any particular gender. So, female-link, etc. should be able to exist within the Zelda universe.

I'm not rally known with Zelda lore. But can the hero be a girl? Or only a boy?

There are a lot of elements that are constant throughout the series, while a vast majority change as well. One of the few constant elements is Link/Zelda/and to a lesser degree Ganon.

The game changes a lot between each installment and has done interesting remixes of characters like Zelda and Ganon, changing their characterization and designs (though not their genders).

Some people think the genders being constant means something, some don't, it's an opinion.

Or it was until this thread happened.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
"In this game you play as multiple identical Links, like in Four Swords. We do have another game you might like, though. Have you checked out that Hyrule Warriors?"

Now you don't sound like a backwards moron and you haven't thrown any of your games under the bus.

How hard is that?

Top Bottom