• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorry Nintendo, we've decided that Link is officially a girl

pizzacat

Banned
untitled-189mhke7.gif
Perfect

I don't understand why these game companies are so fucking bad at PR when it comes to this stuff.

1/10 of gender brewhahas: Chauvanism and sexist behavior to begin with

9/10 of gender brewhahas: tone deaf ignoring of business opportunities and sticking their foot in the mouths

In front of the Temple of Time there are two girls. One of them us Zelda. And another one - a docile looking girl wearing a green tunic and hat. However, it's a mistake to call her a girl. This is Link. The son of the temple's chief priest. Yes, a son. No matter how you look at him, he looks like a lovely girl but he's a guy.

"Ganon-san, hello."

He makes a quick bow to me. His voice and behaviour make him look like a female. Or maybe more feminine than a female.

But he's a guy.

Taller than Zelda, and of a very slim build.

But he's a guy.

Looks good in a green tunic.

But he's a guy.

He's holding a sword, so I'm guessing that he was in the middle of training.

But he's a guy.

It's so hot, even though it's almost evening.

But he's a guy.

The damn cicadas won't shut up.

But he's a guy.

Gsnap

My dream of male Link is right around the corner. Come on Zelda Wii U!

I just want to play as Zelda...

SgtCobra

Adjust your 1950s-era PR statements and internal development memos as appropriate. Print new editions of your ultra-important half page long Legend of Zelda lore pamphlets.

All your Links are girls.

All of them, from her landmark NES game onward. Thanks for understanding, Nintendo.
Understood. I understand what you're saying, and just as general information, we do have a lot of male staff members who are playing these games and are enjoying it. It doesn't seem to be a big issue to them. They still are getting emotional investment in these games. And to be honest, Link isn't the most feminine of girls in the world, depending on how you want to project yourself into the character.

Neiteio

Still waiting for Nintendo sign off on my product pitch for a new Zelda where female Links arrive from different timelines and the only way to resolve the split timeline and stop Ganon is to have a sexy pillow fight

Timeaisis

Still waiting for Nintendo sign off on my product pitch for a new Zelda where female Links arrive from different timelines and the only way to resolve the split timeline and stop Ganon is to have a sexy pillow fight

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Girls

Gsnap

Links not the most masculine guy... I'm sure he'd be into pillow fights.

oti

Banned

Hahaha that's fun- no. Let's talk about this. How is a sexy pillow fight between different timeline female Links supposed to stop Ganon? You have 20 seconds. Go.

-Horizon-

In front of the Temple of Time there are two girls. One of them us Zelda. And another one - a docile looking girl wearing a green tunic and hat. However, it's a mistake to call her a girl. This is Link. The son of the temple's chief priest. Yes, a son. No matter how you look at him, he looks like a lovely girl but he's a guy.

"Ganon-san, hello."

He makes a quick bow to me. His voice and behaviour make him look like a female. Or maybe more feminine than a female.

But he's a guy.

Taller than Zelda, and of a very slim build.

But he's a guy.

Looks good in a green tunic.

But he's a guy.

He's holding a sword, so I'm guessing that he was in the middle of training.

But he's a guy.

It's so hot, even though it's almost evening.

But he's a guy.

The damn cicadas won't shut up.

But he's a guy.

heh :3
its ok as long as you go to the other world line...but its fine either way

Peltz

If you think about it.... Peter Pan was traditionally played by a woman on stage. Plus, Link's garb is deliberately "Pan-looking".

So with enough mental gymnastics..... still nope.

Top Bottom