• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorry Nintendo, we've decided that Link is officially a girl

Cømet

Banned
Whatever the creator says.

I don't get the obsession over Link's sex, honestly; I would prefer a Zelda turned adventurer.

Same so much. Not only is it not suddenly altering a characters gender, it's developing another and opening venues for different gameplay styles.
You want a character creator, play an MMO. FFXIV constantly reminds me of Zelda, I'd recommend that.

Imagine if a group of people bullied Nintendo about Samus being a woman and aggressively demanded that they made a Metroid where Samus was male.

Same again. I like my Samus female and my Link male. You can argue as much as you like that they're "buhlank slates with no character", but that doesn't make it true. Character is more than spoken words.

heh :3
its ok as long as you go to the other world line...but its fine either way

Zelda is a game series known for dabbling in time travel. You never know. Maybe the Tingle Tuner can be used to send D-mails which will cause The King of Red Lions to crash into Eagle's Tower.

trixx

female characters are faster
i want Link doing Bayonetta and Vergil combos and insane speeds
also like i said causing chaos

Zelda is not really known for combat but rather dungeons/puzzles. Bayonetta is iut o n wii u though and you can wear link costume :)

ok lets compromise
new protagonist is Zelda and Links daughter now
Links descendent curse gets transfered to his daughter cause magic triforce bullshit
Link dies saving his daughter from Ganon
Links daughter goes SSJ, picks up Master Sword and chops Ganons head off

Can we please stop with the massively sexualized pictures of what is supposed to be a 7 to 11 year old (especially Durante, what the fuck was that pic)?

A Link Between Genders.

You play a song and instead of changing from kid to adult, you change from man to woman.

Some sidequests only happenif you're a girl or boy. Brilliant.

Platy

I saw a tumblr once that had fanarts of link as a trans girl .... that was not a very safe for work tumblr, but the fanarts were cute

Savitar

A smart powerful woman held in a castle and the one that tries to go find her to bring her back. This could make a great story.

frozen.jpg

No ones letting it go Nintendo.

Sir TapTap

Honestly the only weird thing in almost any Zelda game if he suddenly swapped genders would be the grunts. I'm not sure how I would react to not having the oddly loud HRUHH HAA HUHHH RAHHH as I roll about the landscape. For a silent protagonist link sure is loud.

I will sexualize each and every one of you.

Yes, even you. You are all my fetish.

image.php

Wavebossa

Lol HornyGAF smh....

Yes, this is about equality and representation, 1950s era be dammed!

Posts lewd, pedophilic and NSFW femLink fanart.

Whatever you say guys...

Village

I will sexualize each and every one of you.

Yes, even you. You are all my fetish.
So you gotten to the point where you just think everyone is lucina

Cømet;170481833 said:
Same so much. Not only is it not suddenly altering a characters gender, it's developing another and opening venues for different gameplay styles.
You want a character creator, play an MMO. FFXIV constantly reminds me of Zelda, I'd recommend that.
Or they can ask for lady link and its ok

I can't wait to see a future where race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, and ethnicity are all illegal. That's were this is all going and I couldn't care any less. Lets all put on our gray jump suits and become one homogenized pile of uselessness. Freedom is a 2 way street.

Tk4grZV.gif

G.ZZZ

After what Nintendo did to Samus, i've pretty much lost all hope. They're a den of backward misogynists and they don't even realize.

They ruined one of the oldest and most iconic female character in all videogames , one that wasn't sexualized nor did she fell into tropes. I'm still FUMING to this day and now that shit PR declaration over the new Zelda. I hope they fail tomorrow like Sega.

Cømet

Banned
ok lets compromise
new protagonist is Zelda and Links daughter now
Links descendent curse gets transfered to his daughter cause magic triforce bullshit
Link dies saving his daughter from Ganon
Links daughter goes SSJ, picks up Master Sword and chops Ganons head off

No real fan would have a problem with this. Link is Link, his daughter inheriting the triforce of courage is completely within lore.

I'd play it and enjoy it, especially if there's a cutscene at the beginning showing Link getting killed off to establish it all (not some wordsy bs like Nintendo is fond of).

After what Nintendo did to Samus, i've pretty much lost all hope. They're a den of backward misogynists and they don't even realize.

They ruined one of the oldest and most iconic female character in all videogames , one that wasn't sexualized nor did she fell into tropes. I'm still FUMING to this day and now that shit PR declaration over the new Zelda. I hope they fail tomorrow like Sega.

Real smart to blame the whole company for the actions of one man. What makes you better than him exactly?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
He's a boy. He does usual boy stuff, he has implied female love interests and obvious interests, preferences and abilities. He has personality. Making him female would be as dumb as making Gordon a female, probably even dumber. A lot dumber, actually. Not to mention that fans have their headcanon for 30 years now, stimulated by official artworks, statements (like this one in the interview that again endorses he is a guy), an official manga and actual in-game events.

It's a fictional character.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Cømet;170481833 said:

Same again. I like my Samus female and my Link male. You can argue as much as you like that they're "buhlank slates with no character", but that doesn't make it true. Character is more than spoken words.

I think you're missing the part where Link is officially a girl now. Sorry. Best wishes with your coping rituals, though!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I always assumed Tweety Bird was a lady. On a certain level, I still believe Tweety Bird is a lady.
Stop blowing my mind, please. Tweety bird is a god damn girl. wtf. (she was also clearly voiced by a woman in the dubbed version of the cartoon in the country I grew up)

Neiteio

This reminds me of the SCOTUS ruling on same-sex marriage, the part in the majority opinion where Justice Kennedy wrote, "...but it must give us pause to consider that by denying the plaintiffs the equal dignity that marriage denies, we also deny ourselves seeing two hot chicks dressed as Link cozying up to each other."

Top Bottom