• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorry Nintendo, we've decided that Link is officially a girl

Brashnir

Today, NeoGAF's Supreme Court, an unelected panel of one person, has redefined the foundational tenets of our society. This is just the start of a slippery slope where all video game protagonists have their biological sex inverted, and we'll soon be playing games as Maria Fenix, Mistress Chief, Natalie Drake, and Cassandra Bandicoot.

Eventually, our society will degrade to a point where equal marriage is made legal.

Fixed that for you.

Tik-Tok

Adjust your 1950s-era PR statements and internal development memos as appropriate. Print new editions of your ultra-important half page long Legend of Zelda lore pamphlets.

All your Links are girls.

3Sd8PEO.jpg

All of them, from her landmark NES game onward. Thanks for understanding, Nintendo.

Sorry to you, but you're wrong.

I can't wait to see a future where race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, and ethnicity are all illegal. That's were this is all going and I couldn't care any less. Lets all put on our gray jump suits and become one homogenized pile of uselessness. Freedom is a 2 way street.

I found GameGuru59's alt

Neiteio

Today, NeoGAF's Supreme Court, an unelected panel of one person, has redefined the foundational tenets of our society. This is just the start of a slippery slope where all video game protagonists have their biological sex inverted, and we'll soon be playing games as Maria Fenix, Master Madam, Natalie Drake, and Cassandra Bandicoot.

Eventually, our society will degrade to a point where equal marriage is made legal.
In his dissenting opinion, Justice Clarence Thomas wrote that Link "isn't that hot."

"I wouldn't tap it," Thomas said. "No, sir. By voting to make Link female, EviLore has shut down a vibrant debate, steering public favor toward the player-controlled waifu. Now those who prefer Zelda, or Malon, or Nabooru, will be forced to whisper their preference in the secrecy of their homes, marginalized by #TeamLink and their stupid, sexy blue and red cosplayers. The government cannot bestow waifu-ability, and it cannot take it away."

Yeah...no.

I am so done with characters changing genders, sexualities, races.

If you want a Zelda like game where you play as a girl, then ask for a Zelda like game where you play as a girl! We've seen Zelda fight capably in several games so it's very plausible.

Nah

But a game where you play as Zelda could be cool. I'm not really a fan of gender swaps on characters "just because". If they give a cool reason like the new Link is actually Link and Zeldas daughter I would be down woth that too

Today, NeoGAF's Supreme Court, an unelected panel of one person, has redefined the foundational tenets of our society. This is just the start of a slippery slope where all video game protagonists have their biological sex inverted, and we'll soon be playing games as Maria Fenix, Master Madam, Natalie Drake, and Cassandra Bandicoot.

Yes, please.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you want a Zelda like game where you play as a girl, then ask for a Zelda like game where you play as a girl! We've seen Zelda fight capably in several games so it's very plausible.
Nintendo is unlikely to make that since they basically attach a game style to a brand so Legend of Zelda style games are always going to be Legend of Zelda games. Since Link being the hero is tied to said brand it's likely he'll continue to be the protagonist of LoZ games. Note when they made a spinoff with multiple playable characters the game didn't use the LoZ moniker but went by a different name of Hyrule Warriors. Even the mainline game Zelda II, that is known for playing completely differently from the rest, has a different title style from the rest. Of course a game with a new female protagonist could be similar to the LoZ games much like Mario has spinoff platformers that while in the same genre don't play the same like Wario Land, Yoshi's Island and DKC. So if we got a Zelda game starring Zelda as the hero I'd expect it to not play exactly the same as a regular LoZ game but have its own rules. Since it won't be exactly a LoZ game I'd expect people to not be happy with the compromise.

PensOwl

Banned

No union is more profound than the triforce, for it embodies the highest ideals of courage, wisdom, and courage. In forming a triforce, three pieces become something greater than once they were. As some of the heroes of time in these cases demonstrate, the triforce embodies a power that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of the triforce. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization’s oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The three Goddesses Din, Nayru, and Farore grant them that right. The judgment of the Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit is reversed.

It is so ordered.

Seriously though, if we're just stating stuff like this than I'm an omnipotent sentient pineapple from the fifth dimension, sorry to have fooled you gaf I'm not actually a magic mango.

Top Bottom