• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorry Nintendo, we've decided that Link is officially a girl

Wavebossa

You don't need female Link,
you already have Zelda.

Perhaps the next game could have a playable Zelda character
Zelda's daughter with link?

Link cant get Zelda pregnant... Link's a girl.

Does anyone read the OP anymore?

EDIT: Now Sheik on the other hand... that's a real man's man. He could give Zelda the business!

Moff

link can stay male

I just want a sheik game. adventurer by night, politician/princess by day

HiroTSK5

Man the 3DS can't get a break. Metroid Prime: Federation Force has a negative following, Fire Emblem Fates has more Waifu stuff that's pushing people away, Nintendo's stance on Triforce Heroes isn't making anyone happy, at this point I'm expecting an article a week from now to say that the NFC reader that's supposed to come out around AC: Happy Home Designer wipes your 3DS' SD card or something.

Here's hoping we at least get Linkle in Hyrule Warriors 3DS

Kater

Banned
187vo5fyjukznjpg.jpg
That's not a pillow, Link, that's a cats backside.

Would a female Link be sexist and generally more offensive to fans, regardless of gender? We have Zelda/Sheik and Impa, so why not use established female characters for a new game instead of turning a character many wouldn't consider a blank avatar into one?

Would a female Link be sexist and generally more offensive to fans, regardless of gender? We have Zelda/Sheik and Impa, so why not use established female characters for a new game instead of turning a character many wouldn't consider a blank avatar into one?

I don't get this! Link IS a blank avatar. You can rename the character to your name! Link was designed to be THE LINK to the player. Link is the definition of a blank avatar lol.

-Horizon-

Somewhat unrelated but: Am I correct in that this completely random "what if link was a girl" entire silly 'movement' started because of a photoshopped image that made the rounds on message boards a year or so back.

I love the internet, but people are fucking crazy sometimes.
No, I actually thought Link was a girl from the Zelda U trailer in the direct, not the one someone posted in the thread here. The design screamed anime girl warrior design to me. Guess Aonuma played me like a fiddle.

Yudoken

Adjust your 1950s-era PR statements and internal development memos as appropriate. Print new editions of your ultra-important half page long Legend of Zelda lore pamphlets.

All your Links are girls.

3Sd8PEO.jpg

All of them, from her landmark NES game onward. Thanks for understanding, Nintendo.

This EviLore knows his stuff, he should open a community focused gaming site.
rule34 got you covered

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Artwise, it's really easy to switch the gender in the Zelda series. And it does not even have to be sexualized in a creepy way...

tetro__lin_and_prince_zelda_by_telinkk-d5zyibj.png

That's pretty adorable :). No idea why EvilLore just made this topic though, but I guess he can do what he wants lol.

Azure J

link can stay male

I just want a sheik game. adventurer by night, politician/princess by day

I want (in this order):

- A Queen Zelda game when she just says fuck the rules and runs around giving imperial decrees with her fists. I blame Hyrule Warriors' incarnation for this.

- A Shiek/Impa stealth/character action hybrid.

- A Midna and the Twili RTS. Because why the fuck not. :lol

The Giant

Banned
I don't mind a gender swap for games. but I do hate it, if the idea is forced on people. Just because their is an outcry for it.

Neiteio

I want (in this order):

- A Queen Zelda game when she just says fuck the rules and runs around giving imperial decrees with her fists. I blame Hyrule Warriors' incarnation for this.

- A Shiek/Impa stealth/character action hybrid.

- A Midna and the Twili RTS. Because why the fuck not. :lol
Where does your love of samurai fit into this

I look forward to the inevitable 'Kratos a girl' and 'Master Chief is a girl' threads.
Well, they're not reincarnated in every new game.

Link is kinda unique as far as Protagonists go. It could be like the Legend of Korra where the Spirit of the triforce picks a new host and it just so happens to be a girl?

Top Bottom