• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorry to bother you OT

v1.bTsxMjc0NDcyNztqOzE3OTIyOzEyMDA7NDA0OzU5OA

Sorry_to_Bother_You.png

In an alternate present-day version of Oakland, black telemarketer Cassius Green (Lakeith Stanfield) discovers a magical key to professional success, which propels him into a macabre universe of "powercalling" that leads to material glory. But the upswing in Cassius' career raises serious red flags with his girlfriend Detroit (Tessa Thompson), a performance artist and minimum-wage striver who's secretly part of a Banksy-style activist collective. As his friends and co-workers organize in protest of corporate oppression, Cassius falls under the spell of his company's cocaine-snorting CEO Steve Lift (Armie Hammer), who offers him a salary beyond his wildest dreams.
TOMATOMETER
93%
AUDIENCE SCORE
71%

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sorry_to_bother_you_2018/

I really enjoyed this film, amazing cast (the white voices you'll recognise, and lol incessantly.) It's relaxed, manic, all over the place at times but that's life, right? Also there's a killer line that I won't give away. I started expecting a hopefully decent indie and was very pleasantly surprised.

image002.gif

from-google.gif

pramod

Banned
I went into this movie expecting a typical Kein Hart style comedy or rom com and it ended up being more of a dystopian sci-fi satire like Brazil. It might not be for everyone.

God Enel

I went into this movie expecting a typical Kein Hart style comedy or rom com and it ended up being more of a dystopian sci-fi satire like Brazil. It might not be for everyone.

I loved Brazil. Your comment makes the movie even more interesting!

LOLCats

Banned
It definitely has its moments but it’s starts to drag on and I don’t remember getting to the end.

Top Bottom