• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur II HD Online (PSN/XBLA) includes Heihachi and Spawn on both platforms.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
No word on Link yet.

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S. today announced more details about SOULCALIBUR II™ HD Online, which will be soon available as an Arcade game on Xbox Live® online entertainment network from Microsoft and via the PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. The company is proud to please the fans of the series as the two legendary heroes, SPAWN and HEIHACHI, originally exclusive guest characters for each platform, will be for the first time ever playable on both platforms, Xbox®360 and PlayStation®3.

SOULCALIBUR II™ HD ONLINE will be available for download this autumn 2013 on Xbox Live® and via the PlayStation®Network.
6lrY5Cb.jpg

Unless they announced SC2HD Online for WiiU you're never going to see Link playable. I wonder if they did end up announcing SC2HD Online for WiiU if it'd get all 3 characters

But But why can't I play as Link in this PS3/360 game??

Anyway, cool that they got them both in there. I figured Spawn wouldn't get in. Not that that won't stop this entire thread from just being about Link.

Jawmuncher

SWEETNESS

All I wanted was spawn and now ill get both him and Heihachi! Looks like Mcfarlane wasn't a problem with letting them use him again.

Yeah, I can't wait for every post to be about this.

It's not like it isn't a valid complaint or anything. Really, it's just bizzare that Namco, who seems really close with Nintendo these days, would pass on this, especially considering how well this did on Gamecube.

Azull

You know a next-gen sandbox spawn game would be amazing...

Why am I doing this to myself, knowing this will never happen :(.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I bought the GC version of SC2 because of Link.

Strange that Namco isn't bringing this to the Wii U. I actually didn't even know SC2 HD was a thing until now. Pretty cool. I may end up getting it in the future, as I remember really enjoying it back then. PSN version for me, I think, though, since my 360 is dead, I don't have much of a choice, actually.

Cool, but where's Link? Easily the best of the platform exclusive characters...

I'm sorry but are you stupid. Link is a Nintendo character so why would Nintendo give NB the rights to use him on consoles that Nintendo don't even own. Seriously what the hell are you guys smoking thinking Link will be in the ps3/360 versions.

def sim

Spawn is the worst, but I'm ecstatic for his inclusion. :D

edit: wait this is only coming to PS3/360 ugh nevermind

Top Bottom