• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur IV: Ashlotte, Shura and Setsuka images and artworks

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Just got these from Ubisoft. Sorry about the compression, can't do anything about it/

1286_0001.jpg

1286_0002.jpg

1286_0003.jpg

1286_0004.jpg

1286_0005.jpg

1286_0006.jpg

1286_0007.jpg

1286_0008.jpg

1286_0009.jpg

1286_0010.jpg

1286_0011.jpg

1286_0012.jpg

1286_0013.jpg

1286_0014.jpg

1286_0015.jpg

1286_0016.jpg

1286_0017.jpg

1286_0018.jpg

1286_0019.jpg

1286_0020.jpg

1286_0021.jpg

1286_0022.jpg

fernoca

Kinda nice, though Ashlotte looks like she just came from Persona 3....and Shura from just any random RPG..
Blonde Tetsuka looks weird, I always prefered her with dark hair
and less boobage

jrricky

Banned
that girl in black suit is designed horribly.

what the hell is the other girl wearing - an iron fenced dress?...as a weapon.

BlimBlim said:
what the hell is wrong with setsuka's eyes

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Pai Pai Master said:
Does anyone know if this game is going to be any good, or do we only know about the tremendous amount of T&A?
Yeah, why are they so stingy with gameplay footage? Fans are already wary after SC3, and SC2 wasn't exactly a huge leap forward either. At least they'll be able to patch balance problems this gen.

Dante

jrricky said:
that girl in black suit is designed horribly.

what the hell is the other girl wearing - an iron fenced dress?...as a weapon.

You mean you don;t like japanese sandals, with leather chaps, a g-string, and a skull on the shoulder for no apparant reason? :lol

zaccheus

Banned
Dante said:
You mean you don;t like japanese sandals, with leather chaps, a g-string, and a skull on the shoulder for no apparant reason? :lol

i dont get it.

the drawings for the first and third chick are awesome, but the second one just looks like shit. did they hand off the character designs to just some random fucks?

RpgN

I only like the first one. She is like a doll, but interesting design. The rest are so 80s 90s design by a freak.

YYZ

This game has become some kind of caricature of itself. I'm sure the gameplay will still be there, but goddamn what were they thinking!?

SamBishop

Banned
Well, I could tell you which screen is the best ever in the history of the series, but I'll leave that up to you guys. The more I see of this game, though, the more I want it to be the best 3D fighter ever, just to further my evil scheme of proving that games featuring girls with huge boobs is the best thing ever.

Yes, I'm an asshole.

Kyoufu

Linkzg said:
Is Setsuka a guy?

I came in here to ask this. She looks like she has Mitsurugi's face. I half expected a tranny surprise when I was working my way down to her crotch.

Dreavus

YYZ said:
This game has become some kind of caricature of itself. I'm sure the gameplay will still be there, but goddamn what were they thinking!?

:lol

It's like some sort of bizarre Soul Calibur universe of hyperbole. It just keeps getting more ridiculous with every piece of artwork that's released.

Lain said:
I like. Is Ashlotte a doll or something? Her legs look weird.

That'd make sense to me... she also appears to have gears where her stomach should be.

Chemo

Okay, I'm officially so sick of how ridiculous this shit has gotten that I am completely done with Soul Calibur IV. I don't think I could play this teenage fantasy with a straight face at this point, anyway. A billion incorrectly proportioned women wearing next to nothing? Check. Can we get Darth Vader in there too? Check.

Fuck this game and fuck Namco.

chriskun

Is it too late for them to scrap this and just remake the original??? I would like there to be another 3d fighting game, that is not as complicated as vf5, but not a piece of shit either. Oh, well I patiently await the release. Its coming pretty soon right?

all 3 of these character designs suck in there own special way (what happened to setsuka?) but ashlotte is by far the worst. as someone else on gaf said she seems to have taken a wrong turn on the way to guilty gear.

Bebpo

Banned
Well I've found my new main character (Ashlotte). Only design since SCII I've actually liked besides Zasamel.

WickedLaharl said:
all 3 of these character designs suck in there own special way (what happened to setsuka?) but ashlotte is by far the worst. as someone else on gaf said she seems to have taken a wrong turn on the way to guilty gear.

She looks awesome. Goth Lolita x Armor = Badass & Cute all rolled into one.

Chemo said:
Okay, I'm officially so sick of how ridiculous this shit has gotten that I am completely done with Soul Calibur IV. I don't think I could play this teenage fantasy with a straight face at this point, anyway. A billion incorrectly proportioned women wearing next to nothing? Check. Can we get Darth Vader in there too? Check.

Fuck this game and fuck Namco.
I think it will be interesting if this game fails to sell. It won't, anything with Star Wars in it, sells. Tits sell. Guest characters sell. Basically, Namco's thrown enough shit at the wall that something's gotta stick.

But I know the very same things that are getting those people to buy it are ensuring I won't.

Ashlotte looks great. I think people are on the right track with the mechanical doll idea, the stage she's fighting on seems to be a mechanized castle/clock. I want her to be a canon character.

Setsuka's art sure exemplifies the term "Heaving Bosoms". I'm curious to see her 2P costume. (Bring the dark hair back please.)

Shura's outfit is terrible. Will guest designed characters have 2P outfits, or just palette swaps?

I didn't know Astaroth was a Rocklord.

Darkpen

Banned
oh snap, Ashlotte looks fucking awesome. Definitely gonna use her :)

Also, why is setsuka blond? D: I mean, seriously. Also, Shura looks less slutty than I originally thought, rofl. She actually looks badass in that Ninja Gaiden sort of way.

Bebpo said:
Well I've found my new main character (Ashlotte). Only design since SCII I've actually liked besides Zasamel.

She looks awesome. Goth Lolita x Armor = Badass & Cute all rolled into one.

it's a robot you sick bastard :p

and i don't think i've seen such a bad design since fighting vipers

Darkpen

Banned
I'm really curious if Ashlotte is an original SCIV character, or a manga-artist one. She screams Rozen Maiden-inspired, but she's too awesome to be by the Rozen Maiden artist. And a lance user too?? Do want.

Top Bottom