• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Shoyz

ooops :X haha haven't seen those around.
I'll buy a SS one. lol (they should skin the memory card too lol)

They did that for Memory Sticks, but I imagine Vita cards would be too small..then again my microSD has a little doodle on it.

hnKSb0e.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
I really hope in the full game you can search for rooms based on specific missions. Frustrating having to keep entering and exiting rooms until you find Cerberus in the demo.

Whenever I host a room, I change the name of it to whatever mission I'm going to be doing over and over again. I wish more people did that. There's no excuse for not typing in a room name.

wilflare

They did that for Memory Sticks, but I imagine Vita cards would be too small..then again my microSD has a little doodle on it.

that looks sweet! :D
(how I hope that game was released on the Vita...)
bleh Sony should make PSP games have trophy support on the Vita (so the PSP becomes somewhat a lower end SKU of the Vita... and bam! Japanese support)

I'm kidding myself

Lucent

I actually did have a DLC image that I prepared for the OT, but I left it out because it seemed incomplete (not all of the DLC bosses have been revealed).

Edit: Added the Japanese costume images link that I posted a page or two back to the Extra Information section in the OP.

Looking at that...umm...=( Is that all there is for costumes? When I saw there was a trophy for 60 costumes I was thinking there'd be quite a few different ones and not just color swaps. That looks like there's only maybe 5 or 6 different costumes per gender besides the DLC ones. Hmm...not gonna keep me from getting the game but disappointing if true.

ZeroAKA

Looking at that...umm...=( Is that all there is for costumes? When I saw there was a trophy for 60 costumes I was thinking there'd be quite a few different ones and not just color swaps. That looks like there's only maybe 5 or 6 different costumes per gender besides the DLC ones. Hmm...not gonna keep me from getting the game but disappointing if true.
I'm not sure if those are all of them, but I have read that there are very few unique costumes. Most of the 60 needed for the trophy are just color swaps, unfortunately.

Lucent

I'm not sure if those are all of them, but I have read that there are very few unique costumes. Most of the 60 needed for the trophy are just color swaps, unfortunately.

Yeah, kind of disappointing. I like the first costume but I just like changing up my look every now and then. Ah well, hopefully that's addressed in the sequel.

Shoyz

I find it more disappointing that there's almost no Divine/Chaos arms beyond the ones in the demo until level 90, apparently. If there were going to be that few of them they could've at least made them every 10 levels.

Okay I need some people on my friends list that are on usually at 10 pm EDT and like to talk :p.

PSN same as here. Be sure to mark your GAF profile.

Not to fond of randoms dying left and right, which is ok, and then running straight back into the fight after I revive them and try to heal them, not cool. Like buddy I just revived you, you have little health, let me help you......dead......cerebus is still in the green. Ugh!

I love this game

Add me sn kenjovani I'll be on tomorrow 10 on eastern

wilflare

I find it more disappointing that there's almost no Divine/Chaos arms beyond the ones in the demo until level 90, apparently. If there were going to be that few of them they could've at least made them every 10 levels.

:( this dampens the excitement a little

There are 12 costume raiments in the base game, by my count after looking at the page you linked. 13 with the preorder.

That's a pretty descent amount for customization, IMO.

satori

Le sigh I have been farming bosses for the S. E + drops to finish off my Sigil collection. Cerby I have 3 S. E ++.... No S. E +

As for jack and harp... No + or ++ in sight.

Any one else having any luck? I wonder if this game have some sort of trading functions for spells and Sigil...

wilflare

I hope there are more vibrant arenas..
I think the video showed an arena where you have to traverse? (go up and down two platforms?)

The lack of costumes is a little disappointing. Not a deal breaker though. Shame you can't mix and match the head pieces with the body though.

Shoyz

Le sigh I have been farming bosses for the S. E + drops to finish off my Sigil collection. Cerby I have 3 S. E ++.... No S. E +

As for jack and harp... No + or ++ in sight.

Any one else having any luck? I wonder if this game have some sort of trading functions for spells and Sigil...

Give up. Supposedly they drop easier on the higher difficulty versions so you're kind of wasting your time.

No Sigil trading but you can NEAR share low-level spells.

Well, that was weird. Got it to work and I'm playing the demo now. I think... this game is going to be amazing. I felt this way about MH when I first played it and knew nothing of it. I'm still confused about the gameplay mechanics and other stuff, but I'll learn.

nampad

Does Cerberus drop the golem or do I have to fuse it? Just finished him with 500 points and still got nothing.
Think I will stop playing the demo before I get burned out.

satori

Does Cerberus drop the golem or do I have to fuse it? Just finished him with 500 points and still got nothing.
Think I will stop playing the demo before I get burned out.

I got the Mudfiend golem both from Harpy and cerberus, both were in the martyr rewards section. Aka either sacrifice a party member, have some one sacrifice you, or use the black rite spell.

Massa

My Vita just froze up trying to download the demo (this was after FW 2.11 got installed). Anyone experience any hard locks lately?

The store stops responding and you have to turn off the system? Yep, that's normal. Not a hard lock though, as you can cleanly power it off.

ZeroAKA

I now have 8 Mudfiend Entrails and enough material to fuse 8 Mudfiend Bloods. There doesn't seem to be a noticeable difference between the two, but ranged attacks might be useful. At this point, I should just flip a coin to decide whether or not to fuse them. :/

SharkJAW

I now have 8 Mudfiend Entrails and enough material to fuse 8 Mudfiend Bloods. There doesn't seem to be a noticeable difference between the two, but ranged attacks might be useful. At this point, I should just flip a coin to decide whether or not to fuse them. :/

I was in the same situation and chose the entrails version. I didn't want to lose 200 damage for that ranged attack when placement can make up for it. I have blood and the ranged attack is cool, but I don't think it's necessary unless venom is a monster's weakness

I was in the same situation and chose the entrails version. I didn't want to lose 200 damage for that ranged attack when placement can make up for it. I have blood and the ranged attack is cool, but I don't think it's necessary unless venom is a monster's weakness

Yeah, I didn't think the attack change was worth the decrease in damage either... I've been creating TreeFiend Entrails whenever possible to increase the casting there... though I suspect that spell will be eclipsed by something else once I'm in the full version so I'm not spending too much time on it -- more worried about trying for boss LE+ and SE+ (Cerberus only).

Downloaded the demo last week but haven't started playing until this morning so at least I have a few more days to at least eke out some playtime until Amazon ships my copy.

Auron_Kale - Auron_Kale (NA)

What should I be farming to get spells that are effective against Cerberus? I don't have a single stone spell or shield spell, and I've done all the quests at least once.

ZeroAKA

What should I be farming to get spells that are effective against Cerberus? I don't have a single stone spell or shield spell, and I've done all the quests at least once.
Stone Axe Edge from Sortiara Chapter 6 (Divine rank), Ice Carving Lid and Grave Clod from Sortiara Chapter 2.

Number45

I don't have many stone attacks either. That fist thing is so fucking slow it's hard to hit anything with it (Sortiara catches me with hers every time though).

I've just been using ice stuff, but it's hard to see how effective it is without numbers. :(

Stone Axe Edge from Sortiara Chapter 6 (Divine rank), Ice Carving Lid from Sortiara Chapter 2.
I need to grind more of those axes, I think I only have the one.

I don't have many stone attacks either. That fist thing is so fucking slow it's hard to hit anything with it (Sortiara catches me with hers every time though).

I've just been using ice stuff, but it's hard to see how effective it is without numbers. :(

I need to grind more of those axes, I think I only have the one.

You just have to know when to use the fist.
Basically, you should combine it with a shield -- let him charge, he'll crumple when he hits your shield, then spam the stone fist until you see him getting up and prepping the next move, roll to safety.
You can also roll in on him when he's doing the lightning bark or the howl (you can roll *through* the howl and avoid stunlock) and spam it. Or get one of the giant arms and use a charge attack -- it will usually cause knockback and maybe knockdown, then you can spam the graveyard clod again.
You can also use black rite/sacrifice stunlock to get up close and spam it.
Or if someone has a golem that keeps causing knockdown, just circle to the other side and spam.
The trickiest is if you learn the safe are around his shadow when he jumps. you can stand just outside of his hit range and hit him with a fist. (I usually charge an axe hit here since I replaced the graveyard clod with the tree for attack+.)

web01

Online can be an exercise in frustration at times, even when you explicitly tell team-mates to use boss weakness but instead they use what it is resistant too.

Using fire to burn Harpy and that one clown starts using ice just to screw it up.

Online can be an exercise in frustration at times, even when you explicitly tell team-mates to use boss weakness but instead they use what it is resistant too.

Using fire to burn Harpy and that one clown starts using ice just to screw it up.

I seen some player using lightning spells on the Cerberus. He then proceeded to sacrifice the first guy who died (who was the host). Didn't last long.

Ohnonono

I love the costumes in this game. They are so crazy looking. Also neat that the female versions look so different from the male.

I seen some player using lightning spells on the Cerberus. He then proceeded to sacrifice the first guy who died (who was the host). Didn't last long.

If he's doing it on purpose and not due to circumstance, that's annoying.

But in rare cases, it's justified. In this demo you probably have (1) thunderbolts or (2) icicles. Most people aren't going to beef up their normal throwing axe with no element... I happen to carry the icicles into that fight so if infernal hell is put on the harpy, I can do the massive damage ice attack with knockdown using the icicles -- plus it doesn't waste a spot because I cause use it to toss damage at it in the air.

Same goes for the first part I quoted -- I go into Cerberus with ice and then take a thunder attack with me -- if I run out of stuff and can't re-up my offerings, you best believe I'll throw thunder whatever at Cerberus.

Lucent

That's the one I was talking about... the "Madonna breasts" costume. :lol

lol it's just weird. I wish they had shots of them all without the hats so I could see how it changes the look of the costumes. So far I've stuck with costume 1 in the demo without the hat/hood thing on. And so far I don't think any of the costumes I've seen for DLC or unlockable will make me change. =( Will have to check them all out hoodless.

Top Bottom