• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Online can be an exercise in frustration at times, even when you explicitly tell team-mates to use boss weakness but instead they use what it is resistant too.

Using fire to burn Harpy and that one clown starts using ice just to screw it up.
was harpy stunned? because i believe you use ice to break her out of it and get skillful attack.

i bring volt element for when i freeze cerberus all the time.

Online can be an exercise in frustration at times, even when you explicitly tell team-mates to use boss weakness but instead they use what it is resistant too.

Using fire to burn Harpy and that one clown starts using ice just to screw it up.

Harpy can be frozen too. for an enemy that likes to go up in the air so much, some groundtime is good.

Harpy can be frozen too. for an enemy that likes to go up in the air so much, some groundtime is good.

This is a fair point -- just because something is weak to fire -- I don't know if that makes it resistant to ice. I tend to use ice anyway because I get the dark arm II bonus.

gryz

Banned
just played the demo a little bit and I'm not really feeling it. I feel like they went too far in making it appeal to a western audience, maybe that'll work for them but I don't like it as much.
there was no way to make my main character not look like some dudebro, where's my bishonen face options dammit.

I really want to like this though so I'll give it a couple more tries.

ZeroAKA

What should I equip against Harpy and
Sorty
? In general, what are the most useful skills?
All you need for
Sortiara
is one of those Ice Swords. She will always fall down on the final hit in the combo, negating her attack.

I tend to mainly use that flaming ball thing that drops as a break item from Jack against Harpy. 4 ball attacks followed by a few hits from the fire root at the beginning of the mission completely burns Harpy before she can even fly. Follow that with an ice attack (I typically use Ice Thorn). I can usually finish the mission in just above 5 minutes with Divine Rank, and I'm using a 19/1 Life build.

Were there any details on the planned DLC? Saw this:

jmJztQ1.jpeg

Craiji

Were there any details on the planned DLC? Saw this:

It seems like they were touting they were going to show new never before seen bosses tonight on a Nico Nico broadcast tonight, guess someone let the cat out of the bag?

Also looks like our version will not be patched 1:1 with the Jp version, no global play?

Do you go with specific items mostly or just based on fight in the six slots.

Based on fight.
I have my favorites though.

3 loadouts, 1 for each online boss:
Cerberus:
Ice Root Tri 3*, Thunder Cap Lid 3*, Healing Bloom 3*
Stone Axe 3*, <wildcard, but saved as Storm Pinion 3*>, Vimblossom Fruit (wish I knew where I got this one)

Harpy:
Fire Root Tri 3*, Fire Giant Arm 3*, Jack O.L Ball 3*
Vimblossom Fruit, Ice Thorn 3*, Healing Bloom 3*

Jack:
Ice Root Tri 3*, Ice Giant Arm 3*, Ice Thorn 3*
Ice Sword 3*, Storm Pinion 3*, Vimblossom Fruit

ZeroAKA

Am I the only one who prefers the regular roots over the tri roots? The number of casts for the tri roots is just way too low for my tastes. :/

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So I've gone from not even knowing this game existed to 20hrs played in a week! Really fun gameplay. I think I'm gonna end my demo on this note:

I could've done some things better like get 1 more counter and break the last cursed part, but whatever! It fits nicely on one page. If anyone needs any tips, feel free to ask. =)

Am I the only one who prefers the regular roots over the tri roots? The number of casts for the tri roots is just way too low for my tastes. :/
IIRC, tri roots do more damage over all the casts. They also scale better when boosted. Tris are better for close range, singles are better for long range (I can never get the tri homing to really converge on a target).

ZeroAKA

IIRC, tri roots do more damage over all the casts. They also scale better when boosted. Tris are better for close range, singles are better for long range (I can never get the tri homing to really converge on a target).
It seems to take me longer to inflict status effects on bosses at close range with the tri roots than with the regular roots.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
While I'm here, does anyone know the exact differences of the aoe poison golem and the regular poison golem? Here's what I've concluded so far:

AOE does far more damage if the enemy stays in the aoe.
AOE is able to spin in place; regular cannot iirc.
AOE attacks have slightly less range and speed, causing it to knock you over less often.
For some reason when I use the AOE golem, I cannot freeze enemies in the same amount of casts as with the regular one.

It seems to take me longer to inflict status effects on bosses at close range with the tri roots than with the regular roots.
I'm not sure what determines speed of inflicting status ailments. I just checked the numbers again. Singles do more damage over time, but tris can do it faster. Also, at 3 stars, singles and tri end up doing the same amount of damage! Shows you how much I know... To be honest, I never used singles after a certain point. My goal was always do as much damage as fast as possible, and I assumed statuses scaled on damage, so I picked tris to mash out as much as I could.

pahamrick

Nope, I prefer the regular roots as well. It seems to be a crap shoot whether all 3 roots will hit the target sometimes for the extra damage, so I just stick with the 10 extra casts.

So I've gone from not even knowing this game existed to 20hrs played in a week! Really fun gameplay. I think I'm gonna end my demo on this note:

I could've done some things better like get 1 more counter and break the last cursed part, but whatever! It fits nicely on one page. If anyone needs any tips, feel free to ask. =)

How in the did you do that? :)

really, i find the tri is better for inflicting status effects. i never charge them though. i spam them right up against the enemy.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
How in the did you do that? :)
Here's my build:
7/13 arm
Grave Clod
Ice Shield
Sanguine Cannon
Any lightning attack
Tri-ice Roots *
Poison Regular Golem *
All offensive sigils (+50% atk -25% def is great) including freeze amp.

I only marked stars on the offerings that are mandatory to boost.
Run past the first cats; kill the two rats with counter hit shield and sac/save them so the third cat doesn't get to eat them.
Skip boss cutscene and summon the golem so that it does not knock him down on summon, but it can hit the boss while it's roaring.
Block the first dash attack so that its back lands in the golem's range, but not its heads.
Spam Grave Clod on his head until he gets up. He will roar after getting up, so continue to spam 2 more. If you run out of Grave Clods, use blood instead.
When he charges again, block again to knock him down.
Spam tri roots in his face to freeze him. You need the * so you have just enough casts to do it. May need ** if you don't have the chaos arm upgrade on freeze amp.
Summon the next golem while he's frozen, then hit him with the lightning attack to knock down.
Bring him to red HP with your blood, then use your black rite.

Easy, right? =)

Edit: Some general non-build specific tips:
The stun time when you block his charge gets lower and lower each time. Pull out your biggest guns first!
When he's charging his lightning, roar, or homing lightning of doom attacks, you can interrupt him with a golem summon if you're quick.
You can hit him right before each projectile of his double projectile attack with quick spells. You need to roll immediately after to dodge the actual attacks.
If you have no choice but to fight him legitimately, the stone armor near the rat spawn helps a lot. Seems to halve damage and increase your stagger threshold (the latter may not be true).

So the demo save will work for the full version correct?

Do you have all customization/character creation options available in the demo?

Here's my build:
7/13 arm
Grave Clod
Ice Shield
Sanguine Cannon
Any lightning attack
Tri-ice Roots *
Poison Regular Golem *
All offensive sigils (+50% atk -25% def is great) including freeze amp.

I only marked stars on the offerings that are mandatory to boost.
Run past the first cats; kill the two rats with counter hit shield and sac/save them so the third cat doesn't get to eat them.
Skip boss cutscene and summon the golem so that it does not knock him down on summon, but it can hit the boss while it's roaring.
Block the first dash attack so that its back lands in the golem's range, but not its heads.
Spam Grave Clod on his head until he gets up. He will roar after getting up, so continue to spam 2 more. If you run out of Grave Clods, use blood instead.
When he charges again, block again to knock him down.
Spam tri roots in his face to freeze him. You need the * so you have just enough casts to do it. May need ** if you don't have the chaos arm upgrade on freeze amp.
Summon the next golem while he's frozen, then hit him with the lightning attack to knock down.
Bring him to red HP with your blood, then use your black rite.

Easy, right? =)

Edit: Some general non-build specific tips:
The stun time when you block his charge gets lower and lower each time. Pull out your biggest guns first!
When he's charging his lightning, roar, or homing lightning of doom attacks, you can interrupt him with a golem summon if you're quick.
You can hit him right before each projectile of his double projectile attack with quick spells. You need to roll immediately after to dodge the actual attacks.
If you have no choice but to fight him legitimately, the stone armor near the rat spawn helps a lot. Seems to halve damage and increase your stagger threshold (the latter may not be true).

Niice... I just moved to the Annihilator Sigil over the one that was giving me 30%. I want more damage... I love staying close to him, hitting him with a 3-hit combo with stone axe and then dodging the projectiles and rollling toward him on the second one to hit him another 3-4 times.

Which Golem -- Treefiend Entrails or Treefiend Blood?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Niice... I just moved to the Annihilator Sigil over the one that was giving me 30%. I want more damage... I love staying close to him, hitting him with a 3-hit combo with stone axe and then dodging the projectiles and rollling toward him on the second one to hit him another 3-4 times.

Which Golem -- Treefiend Entrails or Treefiend Blood?
Relying on dodging as a defense is a lot of fun. =)
I use the Entrails. Blood does more damage, but for some reason, I can't freeze him when I use Blood. No clue why, but I've been able to reproduce it.

Is there any reason why I can only make one character? I wanted to make a divine character, but the demo won't let me.

@robotzombie
Yes
Not sure

I use the Entrails. Blood does more damage, but for some reason, I can't freeze him when I use Blood. No clue why, but I've been able to reproduce it.

Is there any reason why I can only make one character? I wanted to make a divine character, but the demo won't let me.

Seems its how the game rolls with just one save slot apparently (though its possibly the full game might have the option).

Instead you can just adjust the save/sacrifice levels on your existing character with lacrima

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Seems its how the game rolls with just one save slot apparently (though its possibly the full game might have the option).

Instead you can just adjust the save/sacrifice levels on your existing character with lacrima
Yeah, but releveling is a pain. Hope the full game has more than one save.

@robotzombie
Yes
Not sure

Yeah, I think you might be limited to 1 character per PSN or something? It said when you create your save the first time that it's your only save. Maybe retail is different.

I just de-leveled and then re-leveled.
It's funny, people se me re-adjusting to 1:19 and I'm at like 4:12 and they're like "you're a noob!" :lol

Do people have favorite allies? I'm partial to Malkus and Namir myself.

Vee_One

I heard you can carry your progress in the demo straight over to retail, does this apply for retail version or just PSN version?
Is it easy to delete the demo without deleting your save?

I heard you can carry your progress in the demo straight over to retail, does this apply for retail version or just PSN version?

I think you just pop the card in with the demo on your system.
And no, it's not, unless you have PS+ (which you should).

kuroshiki

delete the demo after you transfer. If you delete demo now your save file is also removed.

ZeroAKA

I forgot Namir is a DICK.
He tends to sacrifice me if I die no matter what.

Asshat.
Yep, he once sacrificed me when Cerberus was still at green only to die 10 seconds later.

Putting up a Gaf room if anyone is interested, I can play whatever mission. Probably a lot of Cerebus.

Password is 430

Release date, get it!?
How long will that room be up for? I might be up for a few games in an hour or so.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Do people have favorite allies? I'm partial to Malkus and Namir myself.
Malkus and Namir 4 lyfe (until the full game)

I forgot Namir is a DICK.
He tends to sacrifice me if I die no matter what.

Asshat.
Just makes him even more awesome.

Putting up a Gaf room if anyone is interested, I can play whatever mission. Probably a lot of Cerebus.

Password is 430

Release date, get it!?
I might have time for a mission or two. Getting on now!

Password is 430

Release date, get it!?

Yep, he once sacrificed me when Cerberus was still at green only to die 10 seconds later.

How long will that room be up for? I might be up for a few games in an hour or so.

Malkus and Namir 4 lyfe (until the full game)

Just makes him even more awesome.
Well, once malkus and namir finish off pumpkinhead.

I might have time for a mission or two. Getting on now!

I'll look for the room if there's a spot open.

Top Bottom