• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita) teaser trailer [Up: Inafune, Marvelous AQL, Mitsuda, Hokoyama]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

Wait, so is this known to be a proper "souls" game? I saw the initial Famitsu reveal but haven't followed much after that point.

Raonak

Banned
Is this related to demons souls (haven't played any souls game, so can't tell if the combat is familiar)

a5xcef.gif

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Can't wait to see more.

Looks like just SCE Japan Studio unless they are leaving a name out of that teaser trailer.

It would not be the first time they did that. But I'm not sure why being internal would make a difference here unless you're hoping for better.

Perhaps it's just me, but I feel like that's the Japanese equivalent of SSM at the moment (i.e. almost a conglomerate of development companies)?

No, it's sonys internal studio which also includes team ico and team siren. They often co-develop stuff but there is no one mentioned beside Japan Studio.

Some J-folk on the interwebs seem to think it might be Infafune.

I honestly have no clue. All I know is that it looks COOL.

Looks too japanese for a Inafune game.

JoeFenix

From Software.

Believe.

I really doubt this is made by From Software, just doesn't look like their creature designs at all.

I know Shuhei Yoshida sent Allan Becker from Santa Monica studios to Japan to help rebuild Japan Studios, this might be one of his initiatives. I know they really want quicker dev cycles, I can only hope this turns out as good as Gravity Rush ended up being!

Mario007

People expecting a Demon Souls sequel or spiritual sequel are most likely gonna be disappointed big time in two days time.

Luigiv

Is this related to demons souls (haven't played any souls game, so can't tell if the combat is familiar)

*Shrug*

We'll find out on Thursday. It's definitely possible but for now we have nothing concrete to link the 2. No having a generic buzz word like "Soul" in the name is not a concrete link. No have having a by the books dark fantasy as interpreted by Japan art style is not a concrete link either.

JoeFenix

Some J-folk on the interwebs seem to think it might be Infafune.

I honestly have no clue. All I know is that it looks COOL.

Inafune seemed to imply that his game was going to introduce a new hero, this game doesn't seem like it would have that kind of main character. I really don't see this being Inafune's Vita game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom