• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita x Inafune) - Conference impressions and videos added to OP

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
67l_4fa9fc887fd8d.jpg

26l_4fa9fc86d31be.jpg
Christ, what is going on here?

duckroll

lIBWF.jpg

potential characters you can play as?

Apparently there is a male/female base player character, and you can customize the character further. Those designs seem to indicate what sort of customization options are available in terms of armor, etc.

Player characters:

HLGuK.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
There's something off about the textures, but MITSUDA!!!!!!!!
Oh wow, I didn't notice that at first. Looks like the textures are...point sampled? Very strange.

Either its simply the result of its early development or Inafune likes pixelated textures. Very strange.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Looks pretty amazing. But that Golam Book looks suspiciously much like the version of the Necronomicon that appears in the Evil Dead movies.

The premise of this game is pretty interesting, in that you are fighting those who have similar powers to you, but have overdosed...I have no real expectations when it comes to the story, but it has potential at least

Monhun meets prototype? This shit looks way too gruesome for my taste. Especially if they show closeups of your Dick exploding or pulling sword out of your belly button or something. Might have to pass.

anddo0

This looks great.. Too much gore, huh? The art is exactly what I wanted/expected. I can't wait to see this in motion.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Fezan

looks really interesting!
one question one happens after you sacrifice your body part ? does it grow back ?

Mondriaan

I have no idea if there going to be permanent mutations/self-mutilation, but it would be pretty awesome if you know that some players in the game are total badasses because their characters look like unaltered human beings.

Yjynx

OK officially HYPE. Damn those monster really hit the nail.

Edit: That girl(with claw) kind of sexy...

AAK

....Damn @ concept art. Pretty disturbing. I don't play handheld games but it's still nice to see companies going for new IP's with a respectable budget.

prwxv3

Apparently there is a male/female base player character, and you can customize the character further. Those designs seem to indicate what sort of customization options are available in terms of armor, etc.

Player characters:

HLGuK.jpg

It also seems that the way you play will change your character even further.

Durante

This looks really interesting. I like both the character and the BG art.
Oh wow, I didn't notice that at first. Looks like the textures are...point sampled? Very strange.

Either its simply the result of its early development or Inafune likes pixelated textures. Very strange.
Some Japanese devs do seem to actuslly think like that. It boggles the mind. If that's the case here I hope someone at Sony pummels some sense into them.

Monster designs are very reminiscent of Shadow Hearts. Obviously Marvelous AQL is a far cry from the original SH team, but maybe there's an artist or two left behind.

57-054_44.jpg

Ridley327

The screens they've released aren't too terribly encouraging (those textures, what the hell), but I really hope that they're able to capture the background artwork well as they are definitely something to behold.

Carbonox

A game that genuinely interests me on the Vita. The first one to do so in-fact. Will keep an eye on it. The concept art is fantastic.

Top Bottom