• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita x Inafune) - Conference impressions and videos added to OP

Raonak

Banned
A right to innovate and experiment isn't a free pass to avoid criticism for/questioning of seemingly bad ideas just because they're "innovative".
\.

Seemingly is the keyword. There have been countless ideas and features that sounded horrible on paper but ended up working amazingly in real life. thats how games evolve.

we know barely anything about the game or how it will even work, so actually calling a feature bad even though you haven't used it is very permature.

NEO0MJ

Inafune is actually delivering the goods instead of crying about the Japanese Industry again. Good to see him back on an intriguing title.

It will be pretty interesting to how his first games after leaving Capcom fair, especially since he has a bigger role in this game's development.

Anyways, it looks pretty good, hope the game delivers in the end. Vita is looking mighty appealing now. Hope there's a price drop by the time this launches.

le.phat

Well that's just stupid. No ones ever going to sacrifice themselves, then. Why the hell would anyone pass up rewards to be a "hero" in a bloody videogame? Altruism has it's limits.

This dampens my hype a lot because it just makes it sound like the team doesn't understand good design. I'm not writing it off just yet (that would be silly) but my perspective has shift from "optimistic" to "cautiously optimistic" now.

Might as well go all the way since you're already making "silly" assumptions based on a system you know fuck all about.

There's only so much processing power than can be put inside such a small form factor.

Still if you compare it to PSP games like MH or GEB it is huge step forward.

Yeah, but they really need to prioritize AA...the Vita isnt that weak. NOt to take anything away from Bend, but I believe that if ND had made uncharted they could definitely have made the visuals a bit cleaner and more consistant

plufim

There's only so much processing power than can be put inside such a small form factor.

I love how the rhetoric for the Vita has changed the past few months.

From

"It's so amazing it's ALMOST a PS3, you can barely tell the difference"

to

"well, it's a handheld, what do you expect?"

001-1.jpg

004.jpg

Inafunking

I love how the rhetoric for the Vita has changed the past few months.

From

"It's so amazing it's ALMOST a PS3, you can barely tell the difference"

to

"well, it's a handheld, what do you expect?"

That's why i dislike discussions on console forums where people have no clue about hardware.

Number45

man E3 is going to be horrible if its just a camera pointed at a Vita
Isn't the alternative blowing the screen up to ridiculous proportions, and people complaining about jaggies and how bad it looks when it looks absolutely fine (amazing even) on the screen itself?

Jonnyram

man E3 is going to be horrible if its just a camera pointed at a Vita
They only did this to show it was running in realtime. For example, they showed the four player gameplay on the screen, 4 screens at once, or zoomed in on one of them.

Luigiv

Remember that if the player dies the remaining players can decide if they want to sacrifice that player or not, it's not just about someone being a hero.

Yeah that thought struck me too after I posted. That sort of an implementation would be okay I guess though it would hurt the impact of such a moment. It's not really a sacrifice if the player is already out of the battle. There's no real balance of risk and reward here.

Well at the very least it'll give KO'd players something to do while the battle goes on, which I guess is good design in that respect. But still, having a player make a significant contribution to the outcome and having that player completely unrewarded isn't exactly the pinnacle of good game design.

I'll have to see more.

Seemingly is the keyword. There have been countless ideas and features that sounded horrible on paper but ended up working amazingly in real life. thats how games evolve.

we know barely anything about the game or how it will even work, so actually calling a feature bad even though you haven't used it is very permature.

Yes I know, that's why I included the word. That's my opinion for now. It'll change when I find out more but for now it is what it is.

Might as well go all the way since you're already making "silly" assumptions based on a system you know fuck all about.

:lol:lol:lol

Are you for real? Go cry me a river while you masturbate over your new found deity. I'll personally reserve my right to follow a project but still have some reservations about it when I hear things I don't like, thanks.

Rootbeer

Banned
Love what I am seeing and reading so far. They could have a big hit on their hands with this game.

Been loving my VITA since launch day. Ambassadors represent.

Hate the art-style, the spine picture made me gag, but the game-play concept seems interesting. I'm definitely not hyped, but I'm a bit curious to see some of the actual game in motion.

this game looks cool...infact, this looks like another promising vita title from SCE...This an Gravity Daze are topping my list at the moment. The more I watch it the more badass it gets! That boss fight was intense. Especially like when he summoned the golum

Okay, that multiplayer vid was awesome...ridiculously intense. More people need to see this

They need to increase the damn fov. When he turned into a rock, it was blocking the entire screen.

Did you notice how the other players had the camera at different levels of closeness? The female character was pretty small on her screen.

Also, that video was cool as all hell. It would appear as though the actual in-game visuals aren't quite as graphic and crazy-sauce as the artwork too.

Top Bottom