• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita x Inafune) - Conference impressions and videos added to OP

gembel

worldwide release confirmed?
f4519688-s.jpg

at the bottom:
世界中のゲームプレイヤー
which translates to "gamers from around the world"

Yjynx

LOL comparing this two video I just realize that Inafune just really sucks playing it.

That golem that he summon and fighting those monster just look totally awesome. Hmm kind of sucks on Sony part for not properly streaming this.

Really excited for this after watching that MP video. The question is though, can this and PSO2 together make up for a (so far anyway) lack of Monster Hunter on Vita for Japanese players? Let's hope so.

gogogow

There are some video's here of the game, only problem is that they are off screen footage, some it's not the best quality, or easy to see. From what I can tell it does look pretty damn cool though,just can't wait until we get a proper gameplay video on the net. I have no idea why Sony did not have something ready for the reveal.

http://pulpofrito.com/soul-sacrifice-videos-off-screen-de-gameplay/

Their trailer sucked ass, the teaser had more gameplay :/ We need a direct-feed gameplay trailer.

There are some video's here of the game, only problem is that they are off screen footage, some it's not the best quality, or easy to see. From what I can tell it does look pretty damn cool though,just can't wait until we get a proper gameplay video on the net. I have no idea why Sony did not have something ready for the reveal.

http://pulpofrito.com/soul-sacrifice-videos-off-screen-de-gameplay/

They went the movie business route and teased a teaser on us. Day isn't over yet and E3 is around the corner. Sony LOVES a slow trickle of news over a long period of time.

Yjynx

Again that mp video just awesome. One guy use freezing spell on the leg - stopped the movement - while the other either attacking him or preparing some sort of spell near the monster.

Baki

Wow. This looks like it could seriously give MH a run for its money. Too bad VITA is at a prohibitive price right now.

FireCloud

Hope the single player is decent or has a good on-line mode similar to White Knight Chronicles.

I don't have many friends who game. Ad-hoc would be useless for me.

Edit: Oh, more GIFs please. Thank you.

BadWolf

Wow, this looks incredible. The visuals, design and gameplay all look extremely solid.

That boss looked and animated so damn well, there was so much happening on screen all at once, between the characters, attacks, boss and effects. Can't beleive this build is at just 50% completion.

I like how the character movement is fast and smooth with a quick dash avaiable for fast movement, instead of the clunkiness in MH. Also looks like the teamwork aspect is more refined in this.

crinale

OMG this looks much MUCH better than I expected in motion.
Did Inafune recruited some guys from Capcom upon leaving?

Kyoufu

Wow. This looks like it could seriously give MH a run for its money. Too bad VITA is at a prohibitive price right now.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves...

Sony will be happy if it's as successful as God Eater turned out to be.

sajj316

oh my .. the game does look good. Hoping it plays just as well. Vita in Japan needs this shot of gaming goodness. I still feel that Vita needs some sort of Monster Hunter as well.

Wow that looked incredible and so much fun. So fast and smooth and the variety of spells I saw in that five minute clip was mind boggling. I couldn't quite make it out but what was everyone doing at the very end surrounding that blue thing while the hold O prompt came up?

Ashler

You mean that the video clip appears to be 30fps.
If the game was running at 60fps but the video was captured at 30fps, then I guess no-one can really tell just by looking at the video clip.

Appears to be 30 fps (fairly solid), inferring from the short clip I saw.

Ryuuga

Banned
Wow that looked incredible and so much fun. So fast and smooth and the variety of spells I saw in that five minute clip was mind boggling. I couldn't quite make it out but what was everyone doing at the very end surrounding that blue thing while the hold O prompt came up?

Looting.

ReaperXL7

This game looks really good, it's just a shame that it seems all of the information coming out of the event is in Japanese. Still the game looks awesome from what we can see, i'm also very excited for E3 considering they had gameplay on the larger screen behind them, so thats very good news that we won't just be watching some dude with a camera over their shoulder the whole time.

Always been a fan of Inafune, i'm sure many on Gaf have much scorn for him and his views on the Japanese game industry, but if he is making awesome games then it is, what it is. Really want to see what is available in terms of character progression, either through gear(the famitsu preview seems to indicate different armors), or some kind of leveling or stat progression. I also want to see how deep this body sacrifice mechanic goes as it sounds like fantastic feature on paper.

expel

Global simultaneous release please.....

inafune said at the moment they haven't decide anything about overseas release....but he did say that it would be great if the game appeal to fans overseas...I think the overseas release is a sure thing, but doubt it'd be simultaneous release...
they're also thinking of using the voice chat for communication

orioto

Good Art™

Yes this won't be any sort of killer ap for a while, but it's clearly the right path for Sony, to create some hype with exclusive ip that will give some identity to the Vita.

Baki

Achieving 500K sales would need a MHP1 type of surge in popularity in this new brand. Anything north of 100K is a realistic and also fairly optimistic prediction as of now. But you never know, this thing could become VITAs MH. I mean MH came out of nowhere for the PSP.

BadWolf

Yes this won't be any sort of killer ap for a while, but it's clearly the right path for Sony, to create some hype with exclusive ip that will give some identity to the Vita.

Yes, I really like this approach of Sony's to give Vita solid brand new IPs instead of focusing solely on sequels, and this early in the system's life at that.

I really like how this looks. If Sony has any sense they make sure this has a (more or less) simultaneous worldwide release and wont let this be another Demon's Souls. Or Monster Hunter for that matter.
I'm not holding my breath, though...

Jonnyram

Alright, I think this is how it goes, but don't all rip on me if I'm a little wrong. When an enemy, or an ally, is slain, if you move close to the body, your two palms rise up. One is "rescue" (救済), the other is "sacrifice" (犠牲). For regular enemies, and maybe for allies too, it just takes one player to decide. For the main boss, all players vote, but I'm not sure if they're doing it for their own result, or for a joint result.

The other thing to mention, when a monster, or an ally, is down/hurt, you'll see red text showing up saying stuff like "I want to be with my family" or "I don't want to die". Stuff that's supposed to tug on those heart strings and show that they were once real people, but have somehow gone astray.

Yjynx

Alright, I think this is how it goes, but don't all rip on me if I'm a little wrong. When an enemy, or an ally, is slain, if you move close to the body, your two palms rise up. One is "rescue" (救済), the other is "sacrifice" (犠牲). For regular enemies, and maybe for allies too, it just takes one player to decide. For the main boss, all players vote, but I'm not sure if they're doing it for their own result, or for a joint result.

The other thing to mention, when a monster, or an ally, is down/hurt, you'll see red text showing up saying stuff like "I want to be with my family" or "I don't want to die". Stuff that's supposed to tug on those heart strings and show that they were once real people, but have somehow gone astray.

Sounds awesome. What happen to the slain enemy/ally after that? become new weapon? power up?

Top Bottom