• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulja Boy's “ ‘Turn My Swag On’ is a negro spiritual” -Mos Def

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
PhoenixDark said:
Mos released a damn good album this year, I won't pounce on him until Jan 1st
If you go back and listen to turn my swag on you will agree. Seems like it fits the bill to me. Mos always comes with the heat.

The Interrobanger said:
I have no idea what the fuck that even means. Is he praising Soulja Boy or shitting on him?
Pretty sure he is saying this in jest.

mollipen

I tried turning my swag on one time, but all of my black friends asked me what the hell I was doing turning it on at the time that I did. I told them I thought that was when I was supposed to do it. They just shook their heads.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
"He could be out here tryin' ta sell some dope or somethin', but he just hopped up out da bed and turned his swag on, I mean, comeon.":lol :lol

AnkitT

NutJobJim said:
Spot of Tennis and a nice cup of tea, old chum.
15q3spk.gif

Big-E

He had a good point about Soulja Boy at the end there. The guy is just a kid, don't hate. Still, I like some of his songs even if I know objectively, they are terrible.

MaximumX2

The Fool Who Follows Her
I really have no idea what Mos Def is trying to say.

Thank goodness Soulja Boy is teaching kids to turn their swag off at night. You DO NOT want to see your electric bill with the swag running all night.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
:lol Mos Def always cracks me up. In this case he's either gone insane or more likely, he is having a laugh at soulja boy's expense, or at least at turn my swag on's expense.

Fonds

Mos Def is the most annoying quasi intellectual poser out there.

I liked his stuff before the ability to actually see him talk about specific subjects besides Rap ,came to life, like youtube.

Aselith

Be careful about where you turn your swag on. When I was about 20, I turned my swag on when my girlfriend was in front of me. She got caught in the bladez and chopped up. It took me many years to get the nerve back up to turn it on again.

Fonds

Dali said:
You misspelled Krs-One. What a pretentious wind bag.

:lol , this is just painful to watch.

KRS-ONE: "Hip Hoppers are not voters. We know too much about democracy, the electorial college, corporate sponsered elections and the election of 2000. We have too much information to just go; "of we're gonna vote and thats gonna change everything", no it's not."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom