• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulstice Gamescom 2021 trailer, gameplay

sublimit

Banned
Publisher Modus Games and developer Reply Game Studios have released the Gamescom 2021 trailer for fantasy action RPG Soulstice.

Additionally, IGN has published a 14-minute gameplay breakdown with the developers.

Soulstice is due out for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC via Steam in 2022

Looking really good. Also getting a lot of Berserk vibes from this.

Last edited:

Fbh

I thought the armor and sword looked very berserk-like. Then like 30 seconds into the IGN interview they mention Berserk and Claymore as direct influences.

Looks interesting. I like the visual style but the actual combat looks a bit lackluster

Vaelka

The Berserk references are VERY on the nose to the point they actually feel like ripoffs ( the sword and armor especially ).

But I think it looks good.

Why do trailers feel like they have the same editing and sound effects/ music tho xD?

Oh and the end with the teeth.
Holy hell it really is just ripping off lol, it goes beyond just being a reference they're literally just copypasting things.

Last edited:

llLeonhart

Gold Member
At first was very interesting, but then I realized how much of a ripoff of other materials it has.

There's quite a big difference between homage and shameless rip off.

The protagonist itself is a gender flipped Guts from berserk. And they even copied Schierke wtf.

Top Bottom