• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Source of the Kotor 2 rumor

ManaByte

Gold Member
Republic Commando was most likely pushed so it can be mixed in with the Episode III marketing hype that starts early next year. Most likely will hit in April to fall in with the end of Clone Wars season three as both are lead-ins to Episode III in terms of story.

If I remember correctly, even at E3 Lucasarts said KOTOR2 would be February 2005...

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
ManaByte said:
Republic Commando was most likely pushed so it can be mixed in with the Episode III marketing hype that starts early next year. Most likely will hit in April to fall in with the end of Clone Wars season three as both are lead-ins to Episode III in terms of story.

Well,winter quarter is considered Q4,so basicly Oct-Dec

I know they said,i mean thats where the rumor likely came from.

Edit:Checked,Republic Commando is 2005 now

Mrbob

Great.

The game will be rushed for Xmas release and then not garner as many sales because it is up against 5 other powerhouse titles.

B E N K E

winter is not Q4... if it's Q4 they say so... winter usually means early next year. And yes, they said february as early as at the pre-E3 event.

ManaByte

Gold Member
B E N K E said:
winter is not Q4... if it's Q4 they say so... winter usually means early next year. And yes, they said february as early as at the pre-E3 event.

Yea, Winter usually is sometime within Q1 or Q2.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Actually, a lot of places say Winter and mean Q4 in the financial year, i.e. Jan-Mar. Eidos always says Q4 meaning the end of its financial year - which is Q2 calendar year.

Anyways, it was obvious LucasArts was going to push all but Battlefront back to next year for Ep3 hype. They lost out badly when Ep2 hit and there was hardly any decent game merchandise.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Mr Mike said:
Actually, a lot of places say Winter and mean Q4 in the financial year, i.e. Jan-Mar. Eidos always says Q4 meaning the end of its financial year - which is Q2 calendar year.

Anyways, it was obvious LucasArts was going to push all but Battlefront back to next year for Ep3 hype. They lost out badly when Ep2 hit and there was hardly any decent game merchandise.

Battlefront will be Sep 21st, and Jump to Lightspeed will be either the same day or mid-October. Lightspeed is basically finished, the beta test is just going to be a load test for the most part and be pretty short. But yea, other than those two the rest of the stuff is pushed for Episode III marketing.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Fleming said:
Winter 2004 would mean 4th Quarter,but it looks like LA isnt very serious about correct dates.

It says Winter though, not winter 2004.

Which is any time before March 20th.

Winter is 4th quarter, but only in the business world, seasons and calander quarters do not coincide.

Winter matches what Obsidian has been saying all along, Febuary.

Mrbob said:
Great.

The game will be rushed for Xmas release and then not garner as many sales because it is up against 5 other powerhouse titles.

This is exactly what I thought when I read the IGN rumor talking about the strong rumor of KOTOR 2 getting a 2004 release. If the game is going ahead of schedule, fine, but if content is being cut/game is being rushed, this is a horrible idea. And KOTOR doesn't benefit from the Christmas schedule. There's too much competition, and those that don't pick it up immediately, will have plenty of used copies to buy (Since there's no incentive to keep once done). Less people inclined to buy at release = less overall sales. Dead schedules benfit KOTOR.

Top Bottom