South African Land Grab just started

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunslikewhoa

Mar 3, 2014
And so the oppression olympics start, each case is different. You cant apply what happened in Eastern Europe to what happened to black people in America.
This is rich, coming from you.

Describing a firsthand experience to a perpetual victim who is making the claim that you can't possibly understand why they're so angry about not having received reparations for something that happened generations ago isn't taking part in the oppression Olympics.

"I get to tell you why I feel the way I do, ascribe feelings and motives to you, and you have to stfu and listen" isn't how this works. We're not on campus, professor.

Teaching someone what institutional racism is should have been done in school
I would rather they spend their time teaching math, science, etc. than Leftist Ideology 101.

Last edited:

BraveOne

Feb 2, 2017
Just what I thought. You haven’t read the books yourself so you don’t know what to recommend. Don’t tell someone to go and read books if you haven’t done so yourself. Moreover, not all books are worth reading. Phoenix (rip) showed us that.
I've done plenty of reading and studies pal , but continue to make assumptions because you want me to teach you how not to be racist.. what a world we live in aye

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I've done plenty of reading and studies pal , but continue to make assumptions because you want me to teach you how not to be racist.. what a world we live in aye
It's not a wild assumption when you've had plenty of opportunities to cite even one of your supposed books or studies and haven't.

Here's one you should read: The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Understand the wisdom in that and you will understand why no one is listening to you.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Perhaps you could tell your friends in media (rappers etc.) to stop advocating that gang culture and people wouldn't do that. Like, seriously.

I was literally rolling my eyes when I was the infamous Black Panther the other day. What do you see first? Some black gang bangers prepping for a heist....
People like to roll their eyes when we criticize gangster culture but role models play such a huge part in people’s aspirations.

mr.dilya

Neo Member
Jan 7, 2018
Equality...

I'd like to not be followed in the store like I'm a criminal

I'd like to not walk by cars and audibly hear the doors be locked like I'm a criminal

I'd like to be not be told I'm not like other black people

I'd like to not be told I can't be angry because some white person was treating me like I was a criminal or stupid

I'd like to not be told I speak SURPRISINGLY proper

I'd like to be treated like a normal person instead of some outlier because I don't conform to some idiotic stereotype

Id like to be respected when I share my actual experience/experiences instead of being told that they don't matter or that it couldn't possibly be
Newsflash - your people and circumstances aren't special. The world isn't about to stop just to apologize to you for the way things are.

Black people are not the only group of people on Earth to have suffered and black Americans specifically live better than a substantial percentage of humanity. At this point your failures are your own. You can be angry, sure, but no one has to give a fuck.

BraveOne

Feb 2, 2017
This is rich, coming from you.

Describing a firsthand experience to a perpetual victim who is making the claim that you can't possibly understand why they're so angry about not having received reparations for something that happened generations ago isn't taking part in the oppression Olympics.

"I get to tell you why I feel the way I do, ascribe feelings and motives to you, and you have to stfu and listen" isn't how this works. We're not on campus, professor.

I would rather they spend their time teaching math, science, etc. than Leftist Ideology 101.
Talking about the Baltic and their enslavement compared to us is playing oppression Olympics but you only seem to want to defend it when it's defending white people , be my guest.

Teaching your children what racism is.. is not leftist ideology lol

Its teaching them to be decent humans

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
Talking about the Baltic and their enslavement compared to us is playing oppression Olympics but you only seem to want to defend it when it's defending white people , be my guest.

It depends what you tell them. If you tell them that it is racist when white people wear a Sombrero than you are part of the problem. If you actually teach a child what racism is without judgement on how white or in the other case black people can not be trusted than it is good. The Problem is that many do not ind this middleground

PS: Telling that cops are racist is not a middleground

Last edited:

BraveOne

Feb 2, 2017
It's not a wild assumption when you've had plenty of opportunities to cite even one of your supposed books or studies and haven't.

Here's one you should read: The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Understand the wisdom in that and you will understand why no one is listening to you.
Again more assumptions .. you know how the saying goes , I'm not here to school people on institutional racism, your not worth the post if you want to deny it's even a thing. Its the same as teaching a brick wall .. there's no time.

But I'll just point something out...one you right wingers point blank says institutional racism does not exist .. and you don't even comment on it .. you just gloss over it like it.. instead of teaching your boy. That's tells me more about you then I need you know, your more concerned with minimizing the suffering black people then anything else .

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

I feel like this is one of those situations where a childish “nuh uh, you started it” is warranted.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Again more assumptions .. you know how the saying goes , I'm not here to school people on institutional racism, your not worth the post if you want to deny it's even a thing. Its the same as teaching a brick wall .. there's no time.

But I'll just point something out...one you right wingers point blank says institutional racism does not exist .. and you don't even comment on it .. you just gloss over it like it.. instead of teaching your boy. That's tells me more about you then I need you know, your more concerned with minimizing the suffering black people then anything else .
😑

gunslikewhoa

Mar 3, 2014
Are you capable of going ten posts without playing the race card?

personal experience vs something that happened generations ago...this isn't complicated and has nothing to do with race

You mentioned institutional racism, specifically.

I will gladly teach my own children about racism and how to be decent human beings, thanks. Their schoolteachers can kindly stick to the ABCs.

It depends what you tell them. If you tell them that it is racist when white people wear a Sombrero than you are part of the problem. If you actually teach a child what racism is without judgement on how white or in the other case black people can not be trusted than it is good. The Problem is that many do not ind this middleground

PS: Telling that cops are racist is not a middleground
That's the issue. It's nearly impossible to talk about institutional racism at length without injecting one's own opinion/ideology. It's far too complex. We don't need that shit in our schools. Do people believe that teaching this stuff to minority children somehow empowers them or something? Madness.

Last edited:

TheExorzist

Jun 17, 2006
People like to roll their eyes when we criticize gangster culture but role models play such a huge part in people’s aspirations.
No shit. Me, my brother and a lot of my youth friends have been heavily into Hip Hop culture when growing up. You know, listing to rap, watching all the hood movies (Friday, Get High etc.) and so on.
Guess what? My brother ended up in jail and a lot of my friends ended up as criminals (drug dealers and so on) and/or addicts. Coincidence? And we're ain't even black.

But when you point this out you are called a racist. If you ask for a more Gentlemen-like portrayal then nobody wants that because that would be "too white". Like what the fuck does that mean?

Seriously, as long as the portrayal for black people in media does not change, most people's perception of blacks won't either. And for the love of god, and I can't believe I can finally say this, if you (black people) don't want others to say the N word STOP using it among each other first. It will never go away otherwise. Why do you even keep using it? It's an insult for gods sake.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Newsflash - your people and circumstances aren't special. The world isn't about to stop just to apologize to you for the way things are.

Black people are not the only group of people on Earth to have suffered and black Americans specifically live better than a substantial percentage of humanity. At this point your failures are your own. You can be angry, sure, but no one has to give a fuck.
Where did I say that we are?

Wanna know who are the most victims, proportionately, of police violence? Native Americans.

Wanna know are some of the hardest working people in America that get dumped on for coming to this country? Mexicans and Latinos.

Asians are made fun of and almost always are EXPECTED to be the smartest in the room (which isn't a good thing according to some of my Asian friends).

I can go on.

But my point wasn't that black folks are the only ones facing racism in the US. And nope, no one has to give a darn (I don't cuss) but the world would be better if they did.

And you're blind if you don't see that racism still affects the livelihood of black and brown folks in this country.

Redlinings effects are still in effect to this day... That's part of institutional racism.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Perhaps you could tell your friends in media (rappers etc.) to stop advocating that gang culture and people wouldn't do that. Like, seriously.

I was literally rolling my eyes when I was the infamous Black Panther the other day. What do you see first? Some black gang bangers prepping for a heist....
I don't have friends who glorify gang culture or anything negative. And I don't know anyone particularly famous, either. Unless you count a few of the girls from Flavor of Love who are like sisters to me.

And Black Panther? You Zuri (loyal to T'chaka) and N'jobu (Prince of Wakanda) who was radicalized because he had finally seen his people (of African descent) suffering in the streets of Oakland?

You haven't seen the whole movie, then. Just a clip taken out of context.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
:pie_thinking:

I mean, it's true though. I only knew of the "necklacing" that was done (several months back) with this specific incident of mob justice through LiveLeak and the like. No international news, but them "white devil's" words tho... Humans have their moral and ethical comapsses all out of agenda driven whack.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
No shit. Me, my brother and a lot of my youth friends have been heavily into Hip Hop culture when growing up. You know, listing to rap, watching all the hood movies (Friday, Get High etc.) and so on.
Guess what? My brother ended up in jail and a lot of my friends ended up as criminals (drug dealers and so on) and/or addicts. Coincidence? And we're ain't even black.

But when you point this out you are called a racist. If you ask for a more Gentlemen-like portrayal then nobody wants that because that would be "too white". Like what the fuck does that mean?

Seriously, as long as the portrayal for black people in media does not change, most people's perception of blacks won't either. And for the love of god, and I can't believe I can finally say this, if you (black people) don't want others to say the N word STOP using it among each other first. It will never go away otherwise. Why do you even keep using it? It's an insult for gods sake.
Ok, let's talk about the media's perception of black people (which is another rung on the institutional racism ladder).

*Black folks in movies for the LONGEST time were mostly relegated to being the criminal or the streetwise friend or the hypersexual whore or the help... Only recently (relatively) has that begun to change.

*Black people are shown on the local newscasts as being a criminal almost exclusively every night

*Instead of showing more diverse examples of hip hop like they used to (Digable Planets, Arrested Development, Heavy D, etc), they push hypermasculine weed heads that never push a positive message. The record companies (not labels) are white owned.

*And how is "Friday" or "Boyz in the Hood" a gang culture movie? Friday is a comedy about two dumb teens who have some weird adventure on a Friday after one of them loses his job.... And Boyz in the Hood is a cautionary tale, one where the main character has a father who tries to teach him how to be a man, all while said teen is trying to decide where his future lies.

I don't think we saw the same movies if you characterize them the way you did.

And one last thing... Should white people stop calling other white people redneck, cracker, white trash, etc? Even though many of them do so proudly? Should we tell women to stop calling each other the B-word?

I don't say the N-word and there are A LOT of other black people who don't either... But I'm not going to tell them what to do, just like I'm not going to tell those white people to stop calling each other cracker or whatever words they want to use.

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
And one last thing... Should white people stop calling other white people redneck, cracker, white trash, etc? Even though many of them do so proudly? Should we tell women to stop calling each other the B-word?

I don't say the N-word and there are A LOT of other black people who don't either... But I'm not going to tell them what to do, just like I'm not going to tell those white people to stop calling each other cracker or whatever words they want to use.
Here is the problem you totally seem to forget. Everyone can call everyone a Bitch. Everyone call call everyone white Trash but only black people can use the N word. This is whats different here. Either EVERYONE can say it or NO ONE. why is this so hard to understand? Do you want to get rid of this word or not? If not then do not tell white people that they can not say it. ITs discrimination.

And Nigga is the only word that falls into this category.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
I know you're joking, but it's a serious discussion. I don't believe there is any other reasonable solution besides providing equality under the law and culturally encouraging discipline and self-sacrifice. That does not produce equal outcomes though, and that is what people generally point to when they complain about a lack of equality. Equity and equality are not the same thing, and it's a critical distinction to understand. You can't start at the outcome (equity) end and work your way backwards because it eliminates any individual effort that the "successful" people have put in to get where they are. It also takes away any incentive for people to work hard to achieve success as it creates an expectation that success is given, not earned. That's not a good psychological state to be in, especially when extrapolated to millions of people at the societal level. Yes, there is inevitably corruption in the system, and yes, there are historical inequalities that have directly contributed inequity today, but there is no fair group-based solution that can be implemented without unfairly punishing individuals who likely had no hand in it. History has shown us that time and time again and South Africa will soon be just another example.
Oh no. I WANT equality of opportunity. But people still have biases based on color or location to deny people of color said opportunities.

That said, most black people (and brown people) work hard. I know of NONE who sit at home, not working and complaining about "the man". Every black person I know is working and working hard. Every black person I see on the train every day is working hard or working hard to get a good job! It's a small percentage of the population who gives off this perception that we are lazy and want the world handed to us. But a lot of people are poor AND working.

But there's a disconnect... Many black folks didn't learn financial responsibility growing up because their parents didn't know ... And it becomes a cycle. Some are getting out of it, some aren't.

My mom was a librarian and I spent a lot of time there. So did other kids.

TheExorzist

Jun 17, 2006
I don't have friends who glorify gang culture or anything negative. And I don't know anyone particularly famous, either. Unless you count a few of the girls from Flavor of Love who are like sisters to me.

And Black Panther? You Zuri (loyal to T'chaka) and N'jobu (Prince of Wakanda) who was radicalized because he had finally seen his people (of African descent) suffering in the streets of Oakland?

You haven't seen the whole movie, then. Just a clip taken out of context.
I have watched the whole movie and the remark was just anecdotal. I mean, after all this hype I expected to see a movie daring something new - and yet again the first thing they decide to show are some black gangbangers. Hence the eye rolling from my side. Yes, I know the rest of the movie is different but still could have done it differently.

I will reply to your other post when I get back from the gym. Thanks for taking the time to reply this thoroughly.

Whataburger

Milk Connoisseur
Feb 2, 2018

I mean, it's true though. I only knew of the "necklacing" that was done (several months back) with this specific incident of mob justice through LiveLeak and the like. No international news, but them "white devil's" words tho... Humans have their moral and ethical comapsses all out of agenda driven whack.
Who rapes a 95 year old? Fucking animals.

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009

Typical from people on the right.

The first story is from 2014. No outrage about something in 2018 that happened in 2014? That twitter nut doesn't even live in south africa.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Typical from people on the right.

The first story is from 2014. No outrage about something in 2018 that happened in 2014? That twitter nut doesn't even live in south africa.
Of course, hence why I said I even saw it months ago. But there was no "world outrage" and media write ups by such events (which are very common) like they do backflips over words said.

Love the "typical" comment since that can apply to the left too. Why is it so hard for both sides to admit they fling poo the very same way, just different agendas?

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018
Get this racist bullshit out of here. I can't believe some people are this okay with being openly racist.
What race are Muslims? Why is it racist to suggest people from one culture are different from people of other culture. Note that culture doesn’t mean race, as in the difference is not in their genes.

Last edited:

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
Of course, hence why I said I even saw it months ago. But there was no "world outrage" and media write ups by such events (which are very common) like they do backflips over words said.

Love the "typical" comment since that can apply to the left too. Why is it so hard for both sides to admit they fling poo the very same way, just different agendas?
No, you don't get to make up both sides. That highly prejudiced person is trying to create a narrative. Not all murders, rapes and etc. can have worldly outrage every single day, especially if the perp was caught and brought to justice, and there's no discernible information other than that. Now if the whole thing was caught on video, or someone famous did the deed it may be different, maybe not.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
No, you don't get to make up both sides. That highly prejudiced person is trying to create a narrative. Not all murders, rapes and etc. can have worldly outrage every single day, especially if the perp was caught and brought to justice, and there's no discernible information other than that. Now if the whole thing was caught on video, or someone famous did the deed it may be different, maybe not.
I am speaking specifically on the necklacing. That is not your "run of the mill" common murder/rape. It happened in 2014, and never made the world stage, at all (just googl'ed, nothing). Not a single big news agency picked it up. But the words of a white man, woosah!

Words are worse (more "news worthy") than lighting 4 boys on fire to death to agenda driven media.

I will agree with you on her jumbling them together with very poor framing, but remove (this week) and she is right about what the news chooses to push to the masses.

Last edited:

bosnianpie

Feb 27, 2018
Sweden
Shame on the South African government. There's no justice in this and for a people that has lived under oppression they should know better than taking the role of oppressor. Also I don't want to hear the complaints when the harvest goes to hell in a couple of years.

I hope these farmers will be granted citizenship in Western countries, this is totally unworthy the ideals Mandela was fighting for.

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
Im still trying to figure out if your being wilfully naive or just plain ignorant. Dont worm your way out of that statement about institutional racism not existing when we are in a thread because of that very same thing.

If you ever wanted to point at what institutional racism is , Apartheid is the case study they pretty much took it to a whole new level.

Read some books and brush up on your history regarding racism, then come back and say that crap.
I have already read a lot of books on history. Racism was invented by Leon Trotsky to break down the European people's natural in-group preference. So they could destroy western culture, and create a Marxist hell hole.

Smoke6

Nov 26, 2017
BraveOne.

Let’s stop it man, it’s no point at all and it feels like we’re in a room full of racist people who really don’t care but care enough to make a thread about a country that used to be 99% black and the black people taking their land back from colonizers who made that place their home and living better than them off of their land and resources!

When slavery is brought up everyone has to down play American slavery with their own slavery stories that never amounted to what happened here in this country!

These the same type of people who hated Malcom X and Dr. King and this was long before the internet and many of them read books and traveled overseas to see things for themselves.

It’s hard enough going through what we are facing today let alone the past. These the same people that step off sidewalks and lock their car doors when ever they see a black person walking by as if we’re that kinda of threat to them.

I’ve read all these posts and I myself derailed this topic and apologize for that but what came from that in terms of responses from people here is embarrassing and quite frankly a letdown.

It’s funny how people are trying to bait us into saying something racist to get us banned when they have said it numerous times in various ways and nothing happens.

We get it!

Fuck us black people for getting our asses whipped, shot in the back, and killed by cops for doing nothing at all but being black. ... oh yeah, we didn’t comply enough to have the rights we marched for and peacefully for protested to get taken away from us just because you have authority and a badge!

Even on video our plight is still ignored and were treated as if we were the victimizer in situation where we’re clearly the victim.

I get it, none of you care because we were not the actual slaves yet want us to look past the fact that we are still treated like third class citizens.

This topic has truly opened my eyes to the fact that their maybe people in my circle not of color who feel the way y’all have expressed and I can’t have that at all!

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
BraveOne.

Let’s stop it man, it’s no point at all and it feels like we’re in a room full of racist people who really don’t care but care enough to make a thread about a country that used to be 99% black and the black people taking their land back from colonizers who made that place their home and living better than them off of their land and resources!

When slavery is brought up everyone has to down play American slavery with their own slavery stories that never amounted to what happened here in this country!

These the same type of people who hated Malcom X and Dr. King and this was long before the internet and many of them read books and traveled overseas to see things for themselves.

It’s hard enough going through what we are facing today let alone the past. These the same people that step off sidewalks and lock their car doors when ever they see a black person walking by as if we’re that kinda of threat to them.

I’ve read all these posts and I myself derailed this topic and apologize for that but what came from that in terms of responses from people here is embarrassing and quite frankly a letdown.

It’s funny how people are trying to bait us into saying something racist to get us banned when they have said it numerous times in various ways and nothing happens.

We get it!

Fuck us black people for getting our asses whipped, shot in the back, and killed by cops for doing nothing at all but being black. ... oh yeah, we didn’t comply enough to have the rights we marched for and peacefully for protested to get taken away from us just because you have authority and a badge!

Even on video our plight is still ignored and were treated as if we were the victimizer in situation where we’re clearly the victim.

I get it, none of you care because we were not the actual slaves yet want us to look past the fact that we are still treated like third class citizens.

This topic has truly opened my eyes to the fact that their maybe people in my circle not of color who feel the way y’all have expressed and I can’t have that at all!
First of all, The Barbary slave trade was literally worse in every aspect than the Atlantic. None of you guys ever respond to this. Also, I have a lot of respect for Malcom X.

Dec 15, 2011
If you are not with the eternal victim, it can only possibly be because you are against them. No exceptions.

A conveniently constructed catch 22. Solidarity with the eternal victim reassures the victimhood. Anything other than solidarity is oppression and is reinforcing the victimhood.

Last edited:

BraveOne

Feb 2, 2017
First of all, The Barbary slave trade was literally worse in every aspect than the Atlantic. None of you guys ever respond to this. Also, I have a lot of respect for Malcom X.
No one responds to it because there is no need, we read it and look into it and see it's fucked up, puts us all in the same boat. But when it's Blacks being slaves it's a completely different story your guys just keep howling to the moon . All forms of slavery is bad .. that should be the default position you take .. But again when it's Blacks in chains it's now victimhood .

BraveOne.

We get it!

Thank you ..

Sometimes I think most these posters just have pent up guilt

take_it_easy

Jan 31, 2018
Man this is like beating a dead horse!

The sob story isn’t just with the descended unfortunately!

One day y’all will get a clue but as it stands now y’all will never even understand at all!

It’s always some “sweep it under the rug” or “it didn’t happen to you” bullshit but y’all muthafuckas go and cry and protest about some animals in a cage on the animal cracker box and set them free type of shit instead of correcting the biggest stain in American history the way they have done for people in other countries from land taken from them!

But I guess we’re shit out of luck because we were taken away from our land!
I mean, someone in my ancestry was a slave. And for most people that's true. You're not that special.

Kururu

Sir Laughs-A-Lot
Staff Member
Dec 5, 2017
We're straying off topic here. This is suppose to be specifically about the South African situation and not about slavery. I don't think it's appropriate to the subject and needs to get back on course. If we want to have a historical slavery thread, we can start a new thread. But please, for the love of everything holy and the report inbox, don't do it!

Mar 18, 2018
BraveOne.

We get it!

Your soap box sturdy enough being made out of all that straw? Who are you addressing and what the fuck does it have to do with South Africa codifying racism!?

Last edited:

Ke0

Aug 10, 2012
Reading, Berkshire

This is pretty terrible post

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
I have watched the whole movie and the remark was just anecdotal. I mean, after all this hype I expected to see a movie daring something new - and yet again the first thing they decide to show are some black gangbangers. Hence the eye rolling from my side. Yes, I know the rest of the movie is different but still could have done it differently.

I will reply to your other post when I get back from the gym. Thanks for taking the time to reply this thoroughly.
But... They weren't gang bangers. Zuri was spying on N'jobu who had become a radicalized terrorist. Not a gang member. I'm not sure HOW it could be seen as gang banging

Tapioca

Aug 17, 2017
I don't care because I don't live in South Africa.

Getting mad on an internet forum over shit that doesn't affect you is not going to change anything..

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I don't care because I don't live in South Africa.

Getting mad on an internet forum over shit that doesn't affect you is not going to change anything..
Great, since you just played your entire hand like that, your opinions in any other political thread are now meaningless.

Tapioca

Aug 17, 2017
Your post history is chock-full of you shrieking over far less.

But okay. Don't care about other countries. Gotcha.
I shriek about shit happening in the USA.

Complaining on a forum about a country that I will never go to, has no effect on me, and is an extreme lost cause......accomplishes what? Do you think you are going to change the SA governments policies with your e-shrieking? Do you think they care about the white farmers shrieking either? They don't.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I shriek about shit happening in the USA.

Complaining on a forum about a country that I will never go to, has no effect on me, and is an extreme lost cause......accomplishes what? Do you think you are going to change the SA governments policies with your e-shrieking? Do you think they care about the white farmers shrieking either? They don't.
I think it's sensible to turn this exact question around on yourself and ask if you think griping about the USA on a forum is any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.