• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 21 |OT| 'member Self-Contained Episodes?

dickroach

Was Kyle in any of the scenes with the boys? Weird not seeing him at least crack a joke about Cartman screwing up his relationship.

he was definitely in that first scene where they're all making Alexa say shit. the boys haven't really been in this episode at all

radcliff

Is the sound mixing off for anyone else? The music seems too loud. When music is playing, it drowns out the voices. Anyone else noticing this?

Puruzi

Banned
That was a pretty good episode. Didn't expect him to leave Heidi in the first episode this season but that happened

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, it's just one guy who makes all the other white supremacists look bad....

Yeah, this was some fence-sitting bullshit.

TheContact

Wasn't as funny as I hoped. Are people here gonna get butt hurt about the offhanded comment about "both sides" tho ?

That was a pretty good episode. Didn't expect him to leave Heidi in the first episode this season but that happened

Yeah, that seemed pretty quick. Feels like they were moving on from last seasons plot line and got them apart to not have it around much longer. But, who knows.

dickroach

wrapped up kinda quickly, and they didn't really end it by making a point, which it felt like they were heading towards
still got a few laughs. funnier than any episode last season.

I love southpark but I didn't laugh one time. I think they have lost the mojo.

It can also be because everytime i watch a show live, for some reason it feels inferior to binging.
It can also be becaus I am kind of drunk and wasn't paying attention.

justjim89

It followed the recent South Park trend of trying to take 2 or 3 nonrelated things and bring them together to make a point, but they didn't come together that well and the point was nonexistant.

No matter how bad the country gets, we can always count on white people renovating houses.

Also that Alexa scene at the beginning was classic South Park with the kids just fucking around. They still have it in them!

A bit mixed. The Heidi plot wrapped up a little too quickly for my tastes and I think it muddled the point but they were on fire with the confederate flag-bearers.

Randy having that TV show also felt a little random, but it was still funny.

No matter how bad the country gets, we can always count on white people renovating houses.

Also that Alexa scene at the beginning was classic South Park with the kids just fucking around. They still have it in them!

It needed more of that, I was wishing for Kyle to shit on Cartman for getting into arguments with his girlfriend. We need more tension and chemistry like that.

Really starting to believe the show has run its course. A couple of mild laughs but this felt nearly as stale, and strained, as a year ago.

Calderc

Really starting to believe the show has run its course. A couple of mild laughs but this felt nearly as stale, and strained, as a year ago.

Just had the same thought. I think i've been deluding myself the past 3-4 seasons thinking they were just taking a slight dip and would return, but the show is in a steady decline.

kirblar

So, it's just one guy who makes all the other white supremacists look bad....

Yeah, this was some fence-sitting bullshit.
That wasn't the point. It was about how white people like Randy ignore the blatant issues w/ the racism w/ those people in favor of a narrative that lets them ignore it.

Burt

It followed the recent South Park trend of trying to take 2 or 3 nonrelated things and bring them together to make a point, but they didn't come together that well and the point was nonexistant.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how I felt. Like they were taking headlines and grafting them onto the show with no real purpose other than "Wouldn't it be funny if...?"

That wasn't the point. It was about how white people like Randy ignore the blatant issues w/ the racism w/ those people in favor of a narrative that lets them ignore it.

This is a fair point, but I don't think it was sold that well.

Ending came very abruptly will little followthrough on any given joke. Wasn't expecting Matt and Trey to whiff on Charlottesville of all things.

TraBuch

Banned
Why can't they just make episodes where it's about the kids doing dumb shit and having fun and getting in trouble? I want more Korn Scooby Doo and dodgeball and jakovasaurs and Timmy joining the crips and cult leader David Blaine.

Tuck

Eh mediocre episode. Not torturous to watch or anything, just not very funny.

Nice to see them resolve the Heidi stuff from last season though. Did have a few funny moments since eric is such a piece of shit.

dickroach

Why can't they just make episodes where it's about the kids doing dumb shit and having fun and getting in trouble? I want more Korn Scooby Doo and dodgeball and jakovasaurs and Timmy joining the crips and cult leader David Blaine.

yea, I mean people have been saying this shit since like season 10. I stopped watching for a few years because I got tired of the show trying to make a point about something in the news/pop culture every week, and it stopped being funny.
you just gotta take the show for what it is and hope for an episode like Cock Magic or A Nightmare on Face Time comes around once in a while

Neece

Me too.

If they don't return to the school yard stuff this season then I may be done.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Just had the same thought. I think i've been deluding myself the past 3-4 seasons thinking they were just taking a slight dip and would return, but the show is in a steady decline.

We might be seeing the effect of them saving up all their good material for the video game. IIRC it felt like the show was a little stale when they were working on the first game too.

Tuck

Nah the PC season was fucking great, as was the one before that. The first game was great too, and hopefully the second will be as well. So no, one mediocre episode (even if its following the mediocre season 20) is not gonna get me too down on the show.

Shit sucks. Two many random ass plot lines instead of sticking with a single theme or two.

And I just don't care about these dumb political episodes, especially if they can't focus it on the kids

Bo130

Great start of the season! Can't remember the last time I laughed out loud that much during an episode of, well, anything :D

dickroach

I was just updating the OT and noticed they've already decided they're taking the weeks after the third, sixth, and eighth episodes off (Oct 4, Nov 1, Nov 22). heads up

They said they were going to focus on the kids this season, I think this first episode is simply what they felt they had to do.

I know they still have great writing in them when they focus on the kids. The games are the obvious examples. Leave the politics and way too current social events aside,focus on the kids doing dumb shit

Top Bottom