• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpaceX building Starship in Texas (live videos of construction)

not sure about the quality of the Live Streams in the coming weeks and months since these guys have to move to a new spot

looks really far away SpaceX gets to close that road soon

lukilladog

Pic of Musk landing on Mars:

flash-gordon-zarkov-rocket-ship.jpg

Last edited:
Fuck.
How many of these do they want to blow up.
Somehow this whole "let's throw shit unto a wall and see what keeps sticking"-approach doesn't seem to do that well yet.

I call it, we won't see orbital flight until summer of next year.
When they don't run out of funds before that.

Fuck.
How many of these do they want to blow up.
Somehow this whole "let's throw shit unto a wall and see what keeps sticking"-approach doesn't seem to do that well yet.

I call it, we won't see orbital flight until summer of next year.
When they don't run out of funds before that.

Next summer? Out of funding? I would not take that bet if I were you, this is far from throwing shit against the wall to see if something sticks this. This is just more public than the other guys and it is still the least expensive way of doing it if you take a moment to research the alternative.

SN4 will be up there testing not too long from now if not delayed
I don't think the plan is bad they might not have the highest skills on the ground to make these cheap parts work.

Next summer? Out of funding? I would not take that bet if I were you,
We'll see.
Hope you are still around then... ;)

SN4 will be up there testing not too long from now if not delayed
Yeah, blowing up as the other ones did... : D
I don't think the plan is bad they might not have the highest skills on the ground to make these cheap parts work.
And that's the whole problem I guess.

Well, hope they surprise me with some positive news on SN4, but I don't expect much for the next few months.
Also, Corona will get them shut down soon as well, I'd wager.

Wonder why it didn't happen yet.

We'll see.
Hope you are still around then... ;)

Yeah, blowing up as the other ones did... : D

And that's the whole problem I guess.

Well, hope they surprise me with some positive news on SN4, but I don't expect much for the next few months.
Also, Corona will get them shut down soon as well, I'd wager.

Wonder why it didn't happen yet.

this is my only bright spot outside of Animal Crossing right now so I'll keep watching as long as they keep building

we shall see. If I am around or on mars by then no clue weird times bro weird times

moving on

test config error :( NOOOO

Last edited:

obin_gam

I feel a little let down from the title. With the word Starship I expect a certain design and feeling that compresses "space flying" and "naval ship inheritance" into one - not a tube with a cone :(

obin_gam

I can only talk for myself here, but for me the MK1 looked "starship" enough...

P6ymP9T.jpg
Mmm, I agree to some sense , it is sure A design... it's more filosphically Alistair Reynolds-cover inspired
89184.jpg

than, lets say other more industrial designs.... I dont know how to feel about that haha

Mmm, I agree to some sense , it is sure A design... it's more filosphically Alistair Reynolds-cover inspired
89184.jpg

than, lets say other more industrial designs.... I dont know how to feel about that haha
I get more reminded of Flash Gordon Buck Rogers stuff seeing the Spacex vehicle.
And it doesn't get more 'starshippy' than that for me..

Top Bottom