• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpaceX building Starship in Texas (live videos of construction)

Tesseract

Banned
You should go on their chat and talk them through it

it seems these guys are learning on the fly not experts or anything they just got patreons to donate mony for stuff they don't know how to set up

i tried

it's one of those things where they'll have to learn what not to do next time, or surround themselves with better people

Last edited:
this is what I hate about Youtube fame, Tim was a wedding photog who had a homemade astronaught suit he would wear on his channel now he buddy buddy with Elon

and talks shit all night

heh not sure if I have it in me for another long night I feel tired already

The fake NASA nerds start in 29 minutes here is the link not sure if TIM woke up yet or if he can still talk after the shit he pulled last night

still I have a feeling tonight is going to be the night

Are they still iving there?
Thought they were paid out and moved elsewhere..

they still put out warnings and road closures I think they still have some people out there they have to legally warn
Mary from the stream the lady who films for NSF lives there I think

Last edited:
Wow, they don't have much believe in SN4 and SN5, it seems... : D

they had another static fire on SN4 this morning so they are trusting it just fine I think SN6 is just part of the on going process to heep building them
the goal is 2 per week after all they are not identical right now each one has some new design elements

here is a time stamp from Tim's 5 hours waiting for 3 seconds lol I'm glad I did not take part

could be a new thread but I'll put his weird ass here (Joe Rogan has an OT)

I worry about Elon, there is super smart people who are eccentric but dude is weird... selling his houses lol okay

Last edited:
these guys are up for a proof testing

no engine just another type of pressure test?

not as fun can't believe they stayed up all night for it

I worry about Elon, there is super smart people who are eccentric but dude is weird... selling his houses lol okay
I can completely understand him.
Those belongings he wants to sell are just shit taking up mind space he needs for more important things..
You can only live in one house at a time, and if you rent you don't even need to maintain that property and can move whenever you want.

oagboghi2

could be a new thread but I'll put his weird ass here (Joe Rogan has an OT)

If Elon took the 2 million or so in principal he would spend for a L.A. mansion and put that into the stock market, and annually invested 100k or so that he would be spending on a mortgage, with a 7% return over his lifetime he would probably walk away with around 25 million.

You really don't need more than one house unless you are into real estate

Last edited:
If that's the case, I wonder if they are surprised about that as well, with the experiences they had with its predecessors.
Anyway, this will be glorious..

Can't wait.

I wonder about the wisdom of doing a 150 meter hop and failing badly before Demo Mission 2. Sure they don't plan to fail but just saying.

I guess they are 2 different things but sheesh that is some reality for your ass if you are flying on Demo Mission 2.

Looks like the whole week as activity closed road. Whenever the hop is should be soon

Top Bottom