• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpaceX building Starship in Texas (live videos of construction)

Jezbollah

giphy.webp

Like I wrote before, testing will be the bigger challenge than production.
They needed one month to get SN6 ready to hop.

I think they are now building SN10 with parts arriving for SN11 .

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I heard something about Starship eventually doing tests for some sort of belly flop landing. Did I mishear that or is it something in the works? If it is legit, are there any videos of simulations showing what that is supposed to look like?

RaptorGTA

I heard something about Starship eventually doing tests for some sort of belly flop landing. Did I mishear that or is it something in the works? If it is legit, are there any videos of simulations showing what that is supposed to look like?

SN8 would likely be doing that after pressure test, static fire, and hop. But that won't be for several weeks.

the belly flop is how it comes into the atmosphere from space, it slows it down and glides in also the belly will have heat shield tiles

so yeah they will practice this but the Starship needs to go really high to test it. But it is not landing on the side it will land standing up like all SpaceX rockets

Top Bottom