• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpaceX building Starship in Texas (live videos of construction)

wonder if this will be a scrubbed time

talkie talkie

with a huge amount of Fog mission not on hold yet, I guess classified missions have different flight abort standards

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

surprise this air space is still not a no fly zone

we need someone to go fly over Blue Origin's ... uh.nevermind

Well it looks like it has been updated to a no fly zone now !

l07f9slokk961.jpg

Last edited:
I'm gonna put a side topic note here if just by any chance someone else would like to follow some of these builds

While I've been waiting for SN9 to take flight the past few days I've been binge watching Giga-Factory videos

I was thinking of starting a Tesla gigga factory thread because there are daily drone videos for all of them Belin and Austin have hundreds of videos
but I decided against creating the thread.

just wanted to remind you guys who we are dealing with when it comes to how much movement SpaceX could see when Musk gets serious

Autin today

you can watch this build from day one, the most interesting part to me was how much land they had to move and how many swamp lakes they had to drain and fill in then make the whole area one level. The scale of this area in Texas is just massive. the video above only shows 25% of the land Tesla owns.

here is the play list starting from the first day the guy heard about it then decided to come fly down there each day so over 166 videos range 10-20 mins each

Giga Berlin is a crazy thing it is nearly done but not yet approaved by some invironmental gov agency so if they fail to get approval they have to remove the whole building and return nature the way it was. Something about snakes and protected lizards in the area.

the 5th of Jan.

compare to first day

China on to phase 3

these are not the only guys flying drones near Austin, Berlin, or even in China but they arr the main active channels if you are curious

I have been wondering about the amount of building power Tesla has and what that could mean for SpaceX in the future when the Starship system is worked out. Could space ports in every major city become a real possibility?

Not sure it will translate to the same activity but these are huge projects.

this math geek channel is interesting if you are into this type of thing

almost too much detail for me

but I like a dreamer very good time waster stuff but fun

this is the type of channel you should block DPRK IP addresses from.

Last edited:
this math geek channel is interesting if you are into this type of thing

almost too much detail for me

but I like a dreamer very good time waster stuff but fun

this is the type of channel you should block DPRK IP addresses from.

Have you seen the channel of that "Common Sense skeptic" dude?

Making videos about how SpaceX is just a scam and this will never work, etc.

We are getting into the new stuff folks

heat shielding go go go

Have you seen the channel of that "Common Sense skeptic" dude?

Making videos about how SpaceX is just a scam and this will never work, etc.
I like Skepticism and all but not every so call common sense guru makes sense to me so kinda glad I have not seen it or might not have bothered to remember it

most youtubers only get one strike with me when it comes to Science and Reality. There are many who called Tesla a Scam too. It is just not a common sense type argument to be having imo.

Even the rocket guy who launched himself in his own self made rocket died for his vision, it was stupid to die that way but you can't call what he tried a scam. His death was very real. Foolish by today's standards but many people died trying to be first in flight.

Space X have proven over and over again that what they are doing is real and not some scam to take tax payer dollars from anyone they are still the least funded by NASA bucks imo.

They just had another successful launch today they had so many I sometimes forget to post each on of them.

Nah, not interested in that type of conversation. I see many popular youtubers who don't think Cyber Truck will be a real thing. Spending billions to build GigaTexas kinda says different things to me but they can try and make that point. But after all of these years the Earth is Flat let those people have their space.

smh Having questions in Science and Discovery is smart it is key, but some people just want to question everything they see conspiracy in everything, they focus on WHAT CAN'T be rather than Asking why not? Those minds are a shit way to live in my mind.

Last edited:
How much money do you think this stuff is costing him in total?
not even close to how much he spends on Tesla Gigafactories

I think the land was pretty much gifted to them by the county wanting them to build shop in Texas. They had to buyout the locals who lived near.

I've heard might be like $5 million per Starship so far, the predicted cost per flight is aimed at $2 million per flight can be 10x that at the end of this for all we know but he has not really spent billions on this project yet. SpaceX does not really have that much to spend yet. This is really one of his lowest cost projects.

Starlink is suppose to make SpaceX billions when full up and running as an ISP that is where most of his funding for Mars is coming from.

NASA money for the Moon landing version of Starship is also very low forgot the exact number but not high up there.

Top Bottom