• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spain Sales Week 48 - Ps5 Collapses

v_iHuGi

Banned
1. FIFA 21 (PS4): 60.000 units
2. Just Dance 2021 (Switch)
3. Super Mario 3D All-Stars (Switch): 14.000
4. The Last of Us Parte II (PS4): 11.000
5. FIFA 21 (Switch)
6. Hyrule Warriors: La era del cataclismo (Switch)
7. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)
8. Fortnite: La Última Risa (PS4)
9. Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS4)
10. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)

Hardware

Switch: 48.500
PlayStation 4: 15.200
PlayStation 5: 2.300
Xbox One: 850
Xbox Series: 950

v_iHuGi

Banned
Ps4 selling even despite no price cuts, this console would have ridiculously legs if Sony allowed.

Ps5 stock situation is unfortune, seems like it will continue throught 2021.

Radical_3d

Well, it's impossible to walk to a shop and buy one. No wonder is not like the initial launch. IMO Sony has been a coward placing so few initial ship units. iPhone is more difficult to produce and they put about 9 millions in stores day one.

Radical_3d

If you don't compare it with the best, then with who else? And Sony was a mega corporation when Apple was just a garage sale, so no excuses there. They should have their this thing sorted out.

Valkyria

Banned
There are no PS5 on Spain. Shops open restock and it last a few minutes. I was really lucky to grab one preorder on launch day( 19/11) an I got it home 9/12. Tomorrow they open again restock and it is gonna be a bloodbath.

Radical_3d

There are no PS5 on Spain. Shops open restock and it last a few minutes. I was really lucky to grab one preorder on launch day( 19/11) an I got it home 9/12. Tomorrow they open again restock and it is gonna be a bloodbath.
Really? Any specific retailer? I want to warn people since is a very obscure topic.

Inxes

Inital launch > Preorder 11/19 > Preorder last week or so.

Those three windows were all sold out within minutes. All PS5 in Spain have been sold, its pretty amusing.

Orta

Banned
Ps4 selling even despite no price cuts, this console would have ridiculously legs if Sony allowed.

Ps5 stock situation is unfortune, seems like it will continue throught 2021.

There was absolutely no reason to release the PS5 until next year. Sony were reactionary cockends to do so purely because MS launched the SX which I'm sure Sony now realise was no need for concern. HZD2, GOW2 and GT7 would have sold tens of millions on the PS4 in 2021 irrespective of what MS does.

The PS5 release has benefited nobody but scalpers.

TLZ

Banned
There was absolutely no reason to release the PS5 until next year. Sony were reactionary cockends to do so purely because MS launched the SX which I'm sure Sony now realise was no need for concern. HZD2, GOW2 and GT7 would have sold tens of millions on the PS4 in 2021 irrespective of what MS does.

How'd you reach this conclusion?

58q2dpU.png

Kokoloko85

Yes but if you ignore the fact of the facts, the OP's narrative is 100% correct.

OP fails to mention PS5 is out of stock and makes it sound dramatic.. PS5 are collapsing....
More like PS5 sells xxxx despite being out of stock worldwide

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

More reasons to buy it than a Series S and X no?
You’re one of the biggest PS haters on here why am I asking you to be logical lol

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Yeah, why did not they just leave the market to the competition and help them build mindshare with devs and consumers and become the lead next generation platform and flex its specs / image as most powerful console?! So mean 😪.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
More reasons to buy it than a Series S and X no?
You’re one of the biggest PS haters on here why am I asking you to be logical lol

Where did I say the Xbox is a better buy? If you pull your Dualsense out of your asshole my post actually dismissed MS's console. Sony could have held back until they had sufficient stock and more games irrespective of MS launching this past November. They said from day 1 they'd launch first so Sony had to counter. And they didn't need too, they could have given MS a 12 month headstart and I reckon they'd coast past them in the 2021 holiday season alone.

That enough Sony ass kissing for you?

Last edited:

onesvenus

Is that true? Is there any specific retailer you know about?
I grabbed one from the pre-orders and I've had it from launch but my friends are getting desperate.
I live in a small town and the local videogame shop is selling them for 1000€

Kokoloko85

Where did I say the Xbox is a better buy? If you pull your Dualsense out of your asshole my post actually dismissed MS's console. Sony could have held back until they had sufficient stock and more games irrespective of MS launching this past November. They said from day 1 they'd launch first so Sony had to counter. And they didn't need too, they could have given MS a 12 month headstart and I reckon they'd coast past them in the 2021 holiday season alone.

That enough Sony ass kissing for you?

Because your always mentioning how PS5 has no games. And you also said “ Sony were reactionary cockends to do so purely because MS launched the SX which I'm sure Sony now realise was no need for concern.”

Xbox launched in 2017, they had zero reasons to do another console so soon and with no games in sight. They are the ones who rushed clearly lol.

Giving MS 12 months start was the one of the reasons 360 sold well, Sony wasn’t gonna let that happen again.

PS stop fantasising about dual-sense and my asshole. I dont play with toys up my bum like you overly sensitive boy lol

Valkyria

Banned
Amazon is opening tomorrow and the 23. In the Chollometro there is always info regarding availability to purchase

Don't expect good PS5 December NPD numbers.
Sony had a bigger launch, but their supply since is not better than during the PS4 launch.

diffusionx

Gold Member
To be fair, Apple probably has the best supply chain system in the world

This year really shows just how far ahead Apple is from everyone else. This quarter, they are going to end up selling 50-75 million iPhones, brand new iPads, a brand new line of laptops with a custom chip, and oh yea, a brand new headphone they just announced out of nowhere, basically without a hitch, while Sony struggled to deliver 1-2 million consoles to the USA and Nvidia keeps announcing GPUs it can't produce.

The gap between Apple and the rest of the tech industry is Grand Canyon sized at this point.

Last edited:

yurqqa

What did they do to forbid it ?

By the way - have you seen the legs in PS2->PS3 transition time ?

PS2 kept beating PS3 in sales for a looooooooooooooong time.

truth411

Sensationalist Title.
The PS5 is completely Sold out, what did you expect? Also Sony produced more PS5s than PS4s in the same time frame.
Its just that demand is through the roof, I expect supply issues till May or perhaps June imo.

Arioco

Currently it's impossible to buy a PS5 in Spain, there is just ZERO stock. It's been sold out for weeks now. I want to buy one, but right now it's not possible, and I won't be getting one becore Xmas. Maybe next year...

yurinka

Switch is beautifully performing even in the sony big market regions.
Normal, because PlayStations are sold out everywhere in Spain.

Something tells me that making consoles is different than making iPhones.
In addition to this, the size of a PS5 box let's say it's quite bigger so to ship it and store it on wharehouses or stores is different too.
Is that true? Is there any specific retailer you know about?
Sold out every where since launch, in all retailers. Some retailers received some units once or twice since lauch. And as happened with the preorders, they sold out all units in a few minutes.

IMO Sony has been a coward placing so few initial ship units. iPhone is more difficult to produce and they put about 9 millions in stores day one.
Both Sony and MS sold all the units they were able to produce until now. They produced all the units that were possible until now.

No, iPhone isn't more difficult to produce. It's simpler, cheaper and smaller to produce. PS5 and Xbox have newer, more powerful and more expensive technology with way more things on it. The guys who produce the iPhones, PS5, Xbox or Switch are the same btw. PS5 is also way bigger so in the same space you can store way less units in wharehouses, shipments, shops, etc.

Phones also have a way bigger market than consoles, so it's normal to have bigger sales.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
That was the Black Friday week btw.
That is why numbers are higher for a simple week in Spain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom