• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spain Sales: Week 7 (Feb 13 - Feb 19) + Week 8 (Feb 20 - Feb 26), PlayStation VR2 kicks off the new era of Sony virtual reality with a bang

jm89

Week 7 Software

Tales of Symphonia Remastered (All Platforms) 1,500
Tales of Symphonia Remastered (Switch) 1,500
Wild Hearts (All platforms) 500

Week 7 Hardware

PS5 8,000
Switch 4,000
Xbox Series 1,500

Week 8 Software

1.Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe (Switch) 5,500
2.Octopath Traveler II (Switch) 5,000
3.Hogwarts Legacy (PS5) 5,000
4.FIFA 23 (PS4)
5.FIFA 23 Legacy Edition (Switch)
6.Atomic Heart (PS5) 1,500
7.Like a Dragon: Ishin! (PS5) 1,500
8.Pokémon Scarlet and Purple (Switch)
9.Nintendo Switch Sports (Switch)
10.Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)

Week 8 Hardware

PSVR2 8,000 (5,500 bought the horizon bundle)
PS5 7,500
Switch 3,000
Xbox Series 1,000

Software sales numbers are all over the place....

Source: https://www.gamereactor.es/ventas-e...va-era-de-la-realidad-virtual-de-sony-925093/

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So Sony almost sold as many PSVR2 units as they did PS5s in the same week. Was this expected? And how'd they get these PSVR2 numbers?

Spitfire098

Xbox Series 1,000
8eac8dbf8454fa416e35a4051b575c15.gif
jim-ryan-laughing.gif

Elios83

It would interesting to see the original PSVR launch week numbers otherwise it's kinda hard to get a precise feeling over this.
It seems like a really good debut for PSVR2 though.

Last edited:
Week 7 Software

Tales of Symphonia Remastered (All Platforms) 1,500
Tales of Symphonia Remastered (Switch) 1,500
Wild Hearts (All platforms) 500

Week 7 Hardware

PS5 8,000
Switch 4,000
Xbox Series 1,500

Week 8 Software

1.Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe (Switch) 5,500
2.Octopath Traveler II (Switch) 5,000
3.Hogwarts Legacy (PS5) 5,000
4.FIFA 23 (PS4)
5.FIFA 23 Legacy Edition (Switch)
6.Atomic Heart (PS5) 1,500
7.Like a Dragon: Ishin! (PS5) 1,500
8.Pokémon Scarlet and Purple (Switch)
9.Nintendo Switch Sports (Switch)
10.Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)

Week 8 Hardware

PS5 7,500
Switch 3,000
Xbox Series 1,000

Software sales numbers are all over the place....

Source: https://www.gamereactor.es/ventas-e...va-era-de-la-realidad-virtual-de-sony-925093/
Week 8: when an accessory more expensive than the main console sells 8 times the amount of Xboxes 🍿. Seems like PSVR2 is going to do great! A real ambassador for VR 🥇

Last edited:
Has Xbox always preformed like this in Spain in past console generations?

Yes, it's best performance was the Xbox One.

That's why I'm not sure people are taking PSVR sales here as a big deal instead of front load from hype and preorders.

Spain results aren't often in line with Europe in general in many cases.

It's good information, but it usually takes a few weeks to get the full picture.

On PSVR 2 it will show it's real adoption rate in next weeks results.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It would interesting to see the original PSVR launch week numbers otherwise it's kinda hard to get a precise feeling over this.
It seems like a really good debut for PSVR2 though.

This is what PVSR did the first week in Japan in 2016.

Since the launch of PlayStation VR, it’s been nigh on impossible to buy the peripheral in Japan and that’s because it looks like it sold out its entire first shipment. The initial sales figures also put the new virtual reality peripheral at around 50,000 units sold, which is not bad at all.
To give that figure some context, in the same period the PS4 was the best-selling console with 30,154 units sold for the week. In general, the PS4 has been selling similarly for a while now. So to have PlayStation VR shift 51,644 units in its first week is good for Japan. Sony may have underestimated demand in Japan though, as it’s very hard to come by the peripheral now (at least in Tokyo anyway). If those numbers still seem a bit low, it’s worth realizing that that Japan is now the smallest region in terms of overall PS4 sales currently, at around 3 million.

So 50K in Japan week one.

Patrick S.

Banned
I mean I think Spain has never been a strong Xbox territory?
Not really. I lived there when the OG Xbox and the 360 launched. From all my friends and all the people I knew, only ONE bought an OG Xbox, for Splinter Cell and Halo. When the 360 came out, like two of my friends bought one, mainly for Mass Effect and Gears of War. Even Halo 2 wasn't a huge system seller in Spain.

It was PlayStation through and through. And nearly nobody cared about Nintendo either, so I found it surprising at first when I saw in these threads how many Switch consoles were selling. It makes sense, though; many people in Spain don't have a huge amount of disposable income, and the Switch is cheap.

Last edited:

Elios83

This is what PVSR did the first week in Japan in 2016.

So 50K in Japan week one.
Thanks for the numbers but I don't think Famitsu reported the PSVR2 numbers this week unfortunately. So we lack something directly comparable.
Hopefully we'll find out more data in the near future.

yurinka

Has Xbox always preformed like this in Spain in past console generations?
Yes. In fact, until now this gen they did a more decent job than usual due to lack of PS5 and PS4 stock.

Here in Spain even PSP and Vita performed great. Or the PS3 at launch.

Spain always has been Sony land. Here many non gamers boomers often use "the Play"(Station) as synonymous for console independently of the brand. As before PS1 was "the Nintendo" or "the Gameboy" for handhelds. The same ones who called during the 80s or early 90s the arcade games "coconut eaters" (due to the "come cocos" nickname of Pac-Man, also the name of a popular bootleg) or "Martian killers (from "mata marcianos", due to the popularity of Space Invaders, Galaxian or Galaga).

Last edited:
Top Bottom