• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spanish retailer lists Zelda: Majora's Mask 3DS

EDIT Boxart is fanart and the listing has been up since December.

Apologies for posting something this misleading. Can a mod please Edit/Lock?

Original post:

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/majoras-mask-3d-listed-on-xtralife

pCEtC49.jpg

The above image is a screenshot of Spanish website Xtralife, who have just listed Majora's Mask 3D for sale--24 hours before a 3DS Nintendo Direct. There's the possibility that they're just speculating, but remember that leaks have occurred this way before--remember Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d? We could very well be seeing an official announcement tomorrow. If you click the image, the index just reloads; this could mean that while MM3D is in their system, the page isn't yet live. Suddenly, tomorrow's Nintendo Direct got a lot more interesting.

The original story is reported by Spanish website Planetapixel.es

My take: Majora's Mask has the best story, the most demonic and frightening villain and the most emotive experience of all the Zelda games. Its not the best but its a stunning experience without peer and simply hasn't been played by enough people. I'll be thrilled if this is true.

I was going to say that I haven't seen the boxart they show here anywhere, so it might actually mean something (Megaton for tomorrow?). But that Smash Bros. art looks like a custom deal, so I dunno.

I also see Super Smash Bros Brawl for 3DS. Think It's safe to say that these are just placeholders for games that have been announced coupled with wishful thinking.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
As someone who skipped the original ocarina and major a and thoroughly enjoyed ocarina 3D I say bring it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
They shouldn't have done that...

Smash Bros. Brawl 3DS? Oh god yes please let that happen.

It's probably a placeholder for the announced 3DS Smash Brother's we're getting alongside the Wii U version.

Tan

Would be nice, but I hope this is a side project like Wind Waker and we're getting a proper new 3DS Zelda in the near future.

As much as I love Majora's Mask, can't say it wouldn't be a little disappointing to see this announced before a new, original Zelda game on the 3DS.

Retail listings are credible if:

- They're making an educated guess based on a possible leak ("Yoshi's Land")
- A bunch of retailers add something at once
- It's something without much time until release (new hardware colors)

Otherwise it's usually just guess work.

Top Bottom