• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spanish Video Game Software Sales - Week 10, 2017

Bruno MB

The April issue of the Spanish video game magazine Hobby Consolas includes for second month in a row a sales section with the cumulative data as of week 10, 2017 for some titles.

Cumulative sales data as of week 10, 2017 for the following titles:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 46,000
Horizon Zero Dawn (PlayStation 4) - 38,800
For Honor (All Formats) - 18,700
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands (PlayStation 4) - 17,800
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) - 17,100
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) - 13,800
1-2 Switch (Switch) - 9,300
NieR Automata (PlayStation 4) - 3,050
Super Bomberman R (Switch) - 2,200
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands (Xbox One) - 2,000
Just Dance 2017 (Switch) - 1,600
Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One) - 695
Skylanders Imaginators (Switch) - 525

Cumulative sales data as of week 06, 2017 for the following titles:

FIFA 17 (All Formats) - 639,000
Just Dance 2017 (Wii) - 88,000
Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (All Formats) - 64,700
Super Mario Maker (Wii U) - 60,700
Super Mario Maker 3DS (Nintendo 3DS) - 60,200
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PlayStation 4) - 27,100
Just Dance 2017 (Wii U) - 21,000
DiRT Rally (All Formats) - 20,100
Just Dance 2017 (PlayStation 4) - 15,700
WRC 6 (All Formats) - 13,300
Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo (All Formats) - 12,950
Nioh (PlayStation 4) - 6,200
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (Xbox One) - 2,300
Gravity Rush 2 (PlayStation 4) - 1,650
Just Dance 2017 (Xbox One) - 1,300
Yakuza 0 (PlayStation 4) - 1,250
Tales of Berseria (PlayStation 4) - 1,200

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

giphy.gif

Great reality check for all people who think Nier and Yakuza 0 have great success in the west due to positive reviews. PlayStation is huge in Spain compared to Xbox, so that isn't a problem. Those games just are niche.

And they may be successful, but in their own tier. They don't sell millions outside Japan. Numbers may be a little bigger in France and Italy, but are probably lower in Germany and the UK, so the 100,000 milestone in Europe will most likely not be reached.

How big is FIFA in Spain? It obliterates everything else.

FIFA is huge, everywhere in Europe. I don't know if EA puts any official sales numbers out each year, but a large majority of those sales are from Europe and Spain is no exception to that as football is the most popular sport over there by far.

Tailzo

Spain has almost 50 million inhabitants, right? Then I feel all these numbers are low. Maybe consoles are not a hot item there?

Guymelef

The April issue of the Spanish video game magazine Hobby Consolas includes for second month in a row a sales section with the best-selling games of the month.

Cumulative sales data as of week 10, 2017 for the following titles:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 46,000
Horizon Zero Dawn (PlayStation 4) - 38,800

For Honor (All Formats) - 18,700
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands (PlayStation 4) - 17,800
1-2 Switch (Switch) - 9,300
NieR Automata (PlayStation 4) - 3,050
Super Bomberman R (Switch) - 2,200
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands (Xbox One) - 2,000
Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One) - 695
Skylanders Imaginators (Switch) - 525

Vandal Podcast guy: (...)

01 (NE) PS4 TOM CLANCY'S GHOST RECON: WILDLANDS (UBISOFT) - 20,000 / NEW
02 (01) NSW THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO) - 10,500 / 55,000
03 (02) PS4 HORIZON ZERO DAWN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 10,000 / 42,000
04 (NE) PS4 NIER AUTOMATA (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE) - 3,700 / NEW
05 (03) WIU THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO) - 3,200 / 16,200

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Super Mario Maker (Wii U) - 60,700
Super Mario Maker 3DS (Nintendo 3DS) - 60,200

GAF still wondering why Nintendo bothered with a 3DS version ?

Bruno MB

Those Nier Automata numbers make me so sad.

When you compare it to other Japanese niche games, NieR Automata actually had a good launch.

One fun fact, NieR Automata had a slightly bigger launch in Spain than Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Edit: I forget to include Grand Theft Auto V. The PlayStation 4 version has sold 450,000 units.

Rymuth

I've heard that Spain likes soccer.
You know what's better than Soccer? Anime Soccer!
Feb 2014 sales
1. Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks (3DS)
2. FIFA 14 (PS3)
3. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
4. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
5. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
6. FIFA 14 (PS4)
7. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
8. Thief (PS4)
9. Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS)
10. Just Dance 2014 (Wii)
Spain's gonna lap up the new IE

1 - Yes, Soccer in spain is almost sacred, it always is best seller every year. In fact, i know some people only buys consoles to play fifa and pes.

2 - Xbox one numbers are quite low sadly... Playstation is a too big brand here.

daxgame

lol

Slash76

In Spain most of Xbox One players that I know share accounts with a friend and buy everything digital, I do it. But Spain is sonyer mainly, I think there is a ps4/xbox one 10/1 ratio

What really shocked me in that list is Nier Automata sales, only 3k ( one of those copies is mine :D ). It's a shame an amazing game like this has this poor sales.

Guymelef

lol

Actually TP HD is over 20,000.

I think they are counting Collector's Edition + Nintendo Selects instead of Collector's Edition + Nintendo Selects + Standard Edition.

Orgen

Still surprised about the numbers that Just Dance keeps doing in Spain... damn! And yeah, some contradictions with the Vandal podcast numbers mmmm... what is the source of Hobby Consolas? AEVI? GFK?

Actually TP HD is over 20,000.

I think they are counting Collector's Edition + Nintendo Selects instead of Collector's Edition + Nintendo Selects + Standard Edition.

There's no Nintendo Selects for TPHD as far as I know. (maybe you were thinking about WWHD?

terrier

In Spain most of Xbox One players that I know share accounts with a friend and buy everything digital, I do it. But Spain is sonyer mainly, I think there is a ps4/xbox one 10/1 ratio

What really shocked me in that list is Nier Automata sales, only 3k ( one of those copies is mine :D ). It's a shame an amazing game like this has this poor sales.

interesting, the world is 'sonyer'. And by sales it looks like Nintendo's Zelda beat sony's Horizon, so not sure if that fits into the narrative of sonyland really. But who knows.

spekkeh

Banned

giphy.gif
Not that surprised about Switch beating Xbone here. Xbone is dead in Europe, especially to young girls (who are the target group of Just Dance), and you would need a Kinect to play it, whereas Switch let's you play it out of the box. I'm more surprised by the low numbers period, I figured Just Dance was still going strong. My niece bought a Wii ffs with Christmas only for this game. I guess Switch is not yet selling to you casuals. Which isn't that strange of course.

Rafus

Still surprised about the numbers that Just Dance keeps doing in Spain... damn! And yeah, some contradictions with the Vandal podcast numbers mmmm... what is the source of Hobby Consolas? AEVI? GFK?

There's no Nintendo Selects for TPHD as far as I know. (maybe you were thinking about WWHD?
Yeah, I want to know also the source for Hobby Consolas. Usually I don't trust them on anything...

Tonyx

Woah at Twilight Princess.

The Zelda hype is real!

Too bad for Skylanders, I guess it's the end of the line for the toys-to-life fad (excluded amiibos which are more for collection anyways).

oti

Banned
Not that surprised about Switch beating Xbone here. Xbone is dead in Europe, especially to young girls (who are the target group of Just Dance), and you would need a Kinect to play it, whereas Switch let's you play it out of the box. I'm more surprised by the low numbers period, I figured Just Dance was still going strong. My niece bought a Wii ffs with Christmas only for this game.

Wii and Smartphone should be the two most popular versions of this game.

Fisico

Spain has almost 50 million inhabitants, right? Then I feel all these numbers are low. Maybe consoles are not a hot item there?

There's 1 billion inhabitants in India.
More seriously there are other factors of course, Spain is a smaller market for various reasons including à lower average income (compared to France UK and Germany), a huge chunk of population is jobless and they are less financially covered than in France, there are way fewer gamers translated in spanish than we might think (EFG instead of EFIGS happen) etc.

Slash76

interesting, the world is 'sonyer'. And by sales it looks like Nintendo's Zelda beat sony's Horizon, so not sure if that fits into the narrative of sonyland really. But who knows.

I only wanted to mean that in Spain ps4/xbox sales ratio is bigger than in other countries, you only have to go to any spanish videogames shop or boards to check it. Spain is Sony territory, no one can deny it.

It's not strange to me Zeldas sales. Its Zelda, its switch release and also the only AAA available in the console. I'm very happy about Zelda sales ( I'm about to finish it, and love it, masterpiece ), well deserved.

Bruno MB

lol

Cumulative sales data after 1 year vs cumulative for just 2 weeks.

Hobby Consolas also shows the sales breakdown for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD and Horizon Zero Dawn.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - 6,700
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD + Amiibo Wolf Link - 10,400

Horizon: Zero Dawn - 25,900
Horizon: Zero Dawn Limited Edition - 9,500
Horizon: Zero Dawn Collector's Edition - 3,400

Fisico

Corrected!!

Well Wikipedia even gives me a 1.3B estimate!
That was just to give an idea that market's size isn't only determined by the number of inhabitants of course, also Spain is ~47M people :p
I still remember when I was learning in school that there were 1B chinese *sigh*

Fujinn

1 - Yes, Soccer in spain is almost sacred, it always is best seller every year. In fact, i know some people only buys consoles to play fifa and pes.

2 - Xbox one numbers are quite low sadly... Playstation is a too big brand here.

This so much. Of all my friends i'm the only one that doesn't play fifa. Actually thats the only thing they play throughout the year. And very occasionally cod.

And strangely enough they're xbox zealots when the rest of the country is ps4 zealot. I have weird friends.

Actually, i'm the weird one considering the context.

Guymelef

My bad.

Yeah, I was looking the wrong place lol.

vivekTO

Well Wikipedia even gives me a 1.3B estimate!
That was just to give an idea that market's size isn't only determined by the number of inhabitants of course, also Spain is ~47M people :p
I still remember when I was learning in school that there were 1B chinese *sigh*

If only someone could penetrate 1% of that :p

Charamiwa

Banned
GAF still wondering why Nintendo bothered with a 3DS version ?

It makes sense financially, but I do think it lessens the impact of a Switch port. It made the game feel less special in a way. Now they'll have to add a lot of things to the game and maybe rebrand it for it to work again I feel.

Top Bottom