• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: War of the Damned - the conclusion of a legendary journey - Fri on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.
iOXNMK9gyJOUI.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Let's hope we get that spin-off and both Liam and Dustin quickly find new action shows so we don't need to miss Spartacus too much. They really should try to get Liam on Arrow for a guest stint too: Liam versus Stephen Amell (himself a candidate to replace Andy as Spartacus)

Liam on Arrow would be amazing. Hell, just hire the whole Spartacus cast and stick them on Arrow.

I have seen alot of people mentioning spin-offs, have they hinted that?

But yeah, i would be down for a Marcus, Caesar and Pompei show. Rome was not enough!
From earlier this week:
Regarding a spinoff series:
Maureen Ryan said:
Spartacus fans have asked about possible Caesar spinoff. DeKnight has heard nothing about it and would not be involved but is cool with idea of it.
There were a number of articles back in January(?) speculating that Starz is looking into a spinoff.

Ezio

Wife doesn't want to watch it tonight because her lover Gannicus is going to die. I however, want to see how this ends.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
What was the most difficult part of boot camp for you?
Liam: Dirty 30’s.

Todd: I just vomited a little bit in my mouth hearing the words.

Liam: It’s 30 minutes, there are three groups of exercises, and you do each for 10 minutes, one minute at a time. Here’s one example: You have a sled with weights attached to it, strapped onto your shoulders and you run to one end of the gym, do five or 10 Burpees [squat thrusts], then run back to the other end of the gym. You have to do that within one minute. If you do that within 50 seconds, you get 10 seconds to rest and then you’re off again. The quicker you do it, the longer you rest, and obviously the more tired you get, the less rest you get, so it just becomes this horrifying 30 minutes of agony. I don’t even want to talk about it.

holy crap lol

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/...tyre-todd-lasance-spartacus-war-of-the-damned

MG310

After that scene with Sibyl I'm convinced Gannicus has been hoarding all of the conditioner in his tent.

EDIT: Fucking beautiful. Also...
The best couple on TV lives!

...and also
Crucifixion? No fucks given.

Moaradin

That was depressing ='( WHY AM I CRYING!?

That was one of the best damn finales I've ever seen. I think this tops the S1 finale by a long shot. So many damn feels this episode.

Moaradin

The fate of
Gannicus was so damn sad. Him hallucinating and seeing Oenomaus and picturing himself in the Arena
. Man tears.

Rur0ni

Amazing series. Great series finale.

Entire credit sequence, very well done. All those familiar faces. Those "feels". Whole thing just makes me sad. Maybe I'll watch it again in a few years. I hate the way I feel after getting invested in a show like that and then it comes to an end. But I couldn't imagine not having watched it.

Goddamn this was a good show.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Hot damn what a great ending to a badass series. Man I'm sad its over but it went out like a champ.

One quick question... what did Spartacus say when he was looking at Agron's shield before battle? It was in reference to something his wife told him I think? I couldnt understand him.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well... that was a great end to a great fucking show.

I will post more later, final thoughts, but yeah that was very satisfying. Nice final shot of Andy in the credits. Liam did right by the character, and in the end, for me, is just as much Spartacus. Never thought I would ever say that, but it is what it is.

Will miss this show.

Evolved1

Hot damn what a great ending to a badass series. Man I'm sad its over but it went out like a champ.

One quick question... what did Spartacus say when he was looking at Agron's shield before battle? It was in reference to something his wife told him I think? I couldnt understand him.

His first wife was an oracle of the gods. She saw a red serpent in a vision, and had told Spartacus its meaning: that he was destined for "great and unfortunate things".

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
His first wife was an oracle of the gods. She saw a red serpent in a vision, and had told Spartacus its meaning: that he was destined for "great and unfortunate things".

Awwww gotcha. Yeah I remember the red serpent had meaning but couldn't remember the specifics. Cool thanks.

Evolved1

Awwww gotcha. Yeah I remember the red serpent had meaning but couldn't remember the specifics. Cool thanks.

That final shot of the shield... the absolute most perfect way to end the show.

Rubenov

Reading wikipedia Spartacus slaughtered his way towards Crassus in the final battle. Amazing.

I wish so bad they do that Caesar spinoff, I can see myself rooting for the guy.

I held on really good until Agron saved Sparty. Then I lost it. I composed myself, and then Andy shows up in the credits and I lost it again. Bye show. RIP Andy. Nagron lives!!!

Evolved1

The fight choreography was on another level for the finale... and it was well shot. At times rivaling the better stuff from feature films. Sound was really good as well. I don't usually think about sound effects unless they're bad, but they were so good here I couldn't help but notice.

Also... Spartacus making the final charge on Crassus was primal as fuck.

Wow. What an ending...

I'm sad that it's over. I almost wish they'd have said fuck it all and not followed history to keep the show going. Although it probably ended in a better way than if it was drawn out over too many seasons, like a lot of other shows tend to do.

I can't wait for the full set to release on Bluray. I'm gonna power through this journey again. It was a good one.

X-Frame

A few things:

- Nasir's hissing battle cry is terrifying.

- The final battle between Crassus and Spartacus, I was NOT expecting Spartacus to catch the blade as well, but it made so much sense when he did it. That was an "OH SHIT!" moment.

- It felt different without Crixus, I wish he was there too, but I am glad how it all turned out.

- Saxa noooooooooooooo ..

- I actually felt bad for Naevia .. the last 2 episodes redeemed her character enough for me to feel that, which I wasn't expecting.

- Gannicus, such a badass and him laughing while crucified .. amazing.

They really set it up at the end for a Caesar spin-off. I really can't see Starz NOT going for it to retain this audience for another series.

REV 09

Naevia's end was well done too. She turned out to be as fearsome as some of the gladiators.

The cinematography of Spartacus and the spears was amazing, likewise to Gannicus being surrounded by the shields like a wild animal....just awesome!

Wow, man, I feel so bad for all of them, even the ones who survived. I was so nervous when Crassus was going for his big move, and was utterly amazed when Spartacus also grabbed the blade. It's totally worthy of a man such as himself.

The look on Crassus' face told the entire story. You could tell he understands that Spartacus indeed does live up to the hype.

Rur0ni

Naevia's end was well done too. She turned out to be as fearsome as some of the gladiators.

The cinematography of Spartacus and the spears was amazing, likewise to Gannicus being surrounded by the shields like a wild animal....just awesome!
Very well shot. The way they just hurled them, no slow motion, just sick sticking noises. I keep thinking back to all sorts of moments, and just really satisfied with it. I really loved the whole Roman angle of this show, was some of the more interesting dialogue.

My only problem with the series, as I voiced before was the whole super hero never dying stuff (until the end). Would have been nicer to have a bit more uncertainty and danger. Or maybe it was fine the way it was, there was a lot of death. Oh well. It's over now. And tell me again why the heck did Gannicus dump Saxa for mouse girl? Worse decision he ever made.

Still, this show stays stacked upon many others in my virtual shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom