• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Edition Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U confirmed [Hero Mode trailer]

Bullza2o

I'm not really a fan of the Zelda Wii U Gamepad. It just looks weird to me.

I know in previous Zelda games there are usually fairies inside pots right before entering the dungeon boss. We can just catch them with our bottles. Is it the same for WW, especially this game's Hero Mode?

D-e-f-

Banned
I wonder if Nintendo will pack in the retail game case with the Zelda Wii U Bundle?

It would suck to get a cardboard slip case.

Why do so many of you assume they wouldn't put the boxed game in there?

Well, all the 3DS bundles come with installed games, so that's what I was going off.

Alright but 3DS is 3DS. Wii U does not have any pre-installed game history. ZombiU, Monster Hunter, Nintendo Land came in a regular case in their respective bundles.

Sounds great. I probably can't afford the special edition Wii U as of now but I'll definitely pick up Wind Waker if I get a Wii U by the end of the school year.

Can't watch the video on my phone, any more shots of the special Wii U and gamepad? I can't even tell if there's anything on the console aside from it being black in the OP.

"Fuck early adopters, let's reward those who waited."

I'm totally not bitter because I would've bought this instead of a launch console had I known it'd exist. =(

Definitely will be mine. I stupidly bought a 3DS + OoT3D right before the OoT Limited Edition one came out and got burned on that. Will not be making the same mistake for the Wii U + Wind Waker HD!

Welcome to video games?

I know, I know. ;_;

Edit: Price drops and upgraded hardware are different, because those only become possible as technology progresses over time. A Zelda theme that's way more awesome than the blandness of a launch console? That's doable anytime!

Shauni

Can't watch the video on my phone, any more shots of the special Wii U and gamepad? I can't even tell if there's anything on the console aside from it being black in the OP.

The only thing we can see is a Zelda themed decal around the edges of the gamepad. Not sure if there's anything on the back of the Gamepad, and it looks like the console itself is just plain black. This is the only picture.

Timeaisis

Definitely will be mine. I stupidly bought a 3DS + OoT3D right before the OoT Limited Edition one came out and got burned on that. Will not be making the same mistake for the Wii U + Wind Waker HD!

Yeah, I did the same thing. But I got my Wii U last November so, w/e.

I wonder if this is going to be $350 and if so, if it will also include Nintendo Land.

jmls1121

Banned
So excited for this game, but not a big fan of the special edition gamepad. I don't know if I ever could be a fan of a custom gamepad.

RagnarokX

Yes.

That's pretty much how the Hero Mode worked in Skyward Sword, with a few differences:

-Skyward Sword Hero Mode could only be unlocked on a NG+; WWHD Hero Mode can be done from the start and toggled on/off at the file select screen.
-Skyward Sword had a potion crafting and upgrading system that made getting more health easy if you had money and bugs (bugs carried over into NG+), and WWHD doesn't have.
-Enemies hit harder in base difficulty SS than in WW; Hero Mode SS had you actually in danger of dying, especially when fighting bosses. WWHD is... well, one heart from a Darknut is better than half a heart.
-You could heal by other methods in SS; resting on benches and stumps found throughout areas or by carrying a Heart Medal in your pouch to bring back found hearts.

I can't remember if you're invincible during the jump counter, but my painful memories of Orca are clear: you were not invincible while doing the roll counter.
Wind Waker does have potion crafting. You may have forgotten because you never needed to use it because of how easy the game was and easier alternative restoring items, but you can get blue potions for 4 boko baba seeds. You can't buy green or blue potions from the shop in Windfall until you give the shopkeep 15 green and 15 blue chu jellies respectively but you get free potions of each color for every 5 jellies of that color you give afterwards. But the boko baba seeds, fairies, and grandma's soup pretty much make that pointless.

Wind Waker does have potion crafting. You may have forgotten because you never needed to use it because of how easy the game was and easier alternative restoring items, but if you can get blue potions for 4 boko baba seeds. You can't buy green or blue potions from the shop in Windfall until you give the shopkeep 15 green and 15 blue chu jellies respectively and you get free potions of each color for every 5 jellies of that color you give afterwards. But the boko baba seeds and grandma's soup pretty much make that pointless.

Oh, fuck. You're right, I totally forgot about that. I just sold the baba seeds and jellies.

Shauni

Is there any particular reason people are doubting Nintendo Land being in this? Wasn't it in the ZombiU bundle? Since this is black, I think it's safe to assume it's a deluxe. Did Nintendo take Wii Sports out of any of the Wii bundles or something to make people think they would take NL out of this?

Never liked any Zelda (can't get into this gameplay and exploration mechanics) but always loved WW styles. This game cover does look amazing

hero mode all the way for me.
I'm better than 99% of the Zelda gamers out there so hopefully it won't be a piece of cake to me then.

and man, does it look beautiful. wow

They should have increased the damage at least four times. The original was the easiest 3D Zelda, and to be honest, pretty boring to play.

Edit: Nevermind, ESRB classifies things weirdly.

Anyways the game seems a little boring with just the decals, it would of been cooler if the whole thing was like sky blue with some clouds or something.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I might have to get this.

Also please tell me I'm not the only one who died to Puppet Ganon the first time.

I didn't die to Puppet Ganon but I did died to the first two dungeon boss and I found fighting the darknut hard, then again Windwaker was the first Zelda game that I have ever played.

Tookay

Kinda wish Hero Mode increased the frequency of enemy attacks (they wait too much for you to make a move), but I imagine that's the sort of change that would have to be implemented from the ground up.

I would get this only if the HDD is bigger than 32GB. I still have no idea what they're thinking by enforcing digital so much with that being the biggest option available. I know you can attach an HDD to it, but I'd rather have it in the console.

D-e-f-

Banned
I would get this only if the HDD is bigger than 32GB. I still have no idea what they're thinking by enforcing digital so much with that being the biggest option available. I know you can attach an HDD to it, but I'd rather have it in the console.

Wii U does not have a HDD. It's flash memory which is why it's such a low number.

Gamepad is pretty nice, I would think they could do a bit more than that...maybe it should be a nice blue color since Wind Waker is all about that lovely ocean?

chrono01

I'm happy with my Wii U Famicom faceplate:

iFrGSjWlEV5I3.jpg

Top Bottom