• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speculation: Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy is 1yr Console Exclusive (PS4)

Mosse

Neo Member
Honestly, I don't see a lot of demand for this game. I doubt anyone plans to buy a PS4 because of this timed exclusive.

It seems to be doing fine on amazon and other sites, the trailers get a lot of views and more anecdotally it's one of the few games I've seen people on facebook talk about that never talks about games.

A lot of people played and loved the original games. So I think it will do fine and I don't really see the concern

People seem to get very defensive over whether or not this is exclusive, im just asking why would it matter if it wasnt? Then more people get to play it, how is that bad?

SamNW

People seem to get very defensive over whether or not this is exclusive, im just asking why would it matter if it wasnt? Then more people get to play it, how is that bad?
The more people who are able to play a game, the better. There's no acceptable justification for wanting to see art made less available.

It's probably how hardcore SEGA fans felt seeing Sonic on Nintendo consoles when they first went third party. Crash was the playstation mascot and due to circumstances out of their control they lost him. Microsoft has Master Chief, Nintendo gave Mario, Sony had Crash. I would like to see it remain an exclusive but its not the end of the world if it goes multiplatform.

He's already been multiplatform though.

Guymelef

It's probably how hardcore SEGA fans felt seeing Sonic on Nintendo consoles when they first went third party. Crash was the playstation mascot and due to circumstances out of their control they lost him. Microsoft has Master Chief, Nintendo gave Mario, Sony had Crash. I would like to see it remain an exclusive but its not the end of the world if it goes multiplatform.

There are tons of Crash multiplatform games...

Yeah he was after the rights were sold by Universal and it never really was the same. I don't think any game lived upto those developed by naughty dog. The original trilogy however, this is more for the nostalgia kick and good memories.

Right I played and loved these games on PSX. Never played any of the multiplatform titles. But I see this as an opportunity if I can play it on Switch later and I might wait and see. Unless zeitgeist grabs me.

I wish they'd start using the final boxart already:

C_B2dD6V0AAWR1H.jpg

edit: As for where this came from, it was revealed early on the Walmart website before being taken down and replaced with the placeholder again.

Still not amazing, but certainly leagues above the one they've kept showing so far.

Then why being annoyed if people expect/want this one to be as well, especially considering the confusion of it's exclusivity when it was announced?
Same answer as to why no one bullied the developers into clarifying whether it's timed exclusive or not.

Because it's exclusive on PS4. If it were exclusive to any other console response would be completely different.

Ash735

There's always two status posters have when complaining about this being exclusive:

1) I'll play this on my Switch, it's a better fit there, I'll wait for the Switch version! Unnatural to play these kind of games anywhere else!

2) Crash Bandicoot was never good, there's no demand for this game, it's going to bomb, gg Sony keeping a dead exclusive!

There's always two status posters have when complaining about this being exclusive:

1) I'll play this on my Switch, it's a better fit there, I'll wait for the Switch version! Unnatural to play these kind of games anywhere else!

2) Crash Bandicoot was never good, there's no demand for this game, it's going to bomb, gg Sony keeping a dead exclusive!

Given the choice I'd play on Switch. If it's exclusive I'll play on PS4. Where do I fit?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

Because console wars. Less armoury for list wars.

This is Activision we're talking about. This was never going to be full exclusive. I'm shocked it's timed.

Unknown?

It would not be the first time that PR omits a relevant information. Yes... it will be released exclusively on the PS4
for one year

I hope we can see it later everywhere: Steam, XB1 and Switch. That would be great!
Sure but I'd trust Vicarious Visions over Best Buy. If Best Buy were given the go ahead to put that up then VV wouldn't have said otherwise.

Man all of this Switch port begging is sad.

brawly

Just like clockwork people telling us how much they love their Switch. Christ.

Maybe you can read the OT on the Switch by june.

Kssio_Aug

The funny part are the actual concerns expressed in that tweet, like:

- Damn thats strange. Yeah this can help it sell more but i dont feel comfortable with the idea.
- For all we know this can be fake, or a PC port is coming. Because I sitll dont see this coming to XBOX.
- I doubt he will be on XBOX. At E3 hopefully they'll say something.
- IF its moving to something else its gonna be PC. XBOX I 100% doubt, then again this could be fake so we dont know.
- I doubt it's coming to xbox as well especially since Sony & Activision have been working on this. Makes no sense to put it on xbox.
- I know that but im talking about Nsane Trilogy. They're PS1 classics remade. They should be PS4 exclusive.
-Thats different. The ORIGINAL TRILOGY is a PS exclusive. So a remake ON THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY. Would be expected to be PS4 only.

Wamb0wneD

Same answer as to why no one bullied the developers into clarifying whether it's timed exclusive or not.

Because it's exclusive on PS4. If it were exclusive to any other console response would be completely different.

Just to be sure I understand you correctly: because they never clarified that it's exclusive, it's definetly exclusive. And if it was exclusive to another platform (nobody ever expected this) the response would be different how exactly? I don't think they ever gave a response to anything. I probably misunderstood you because nothing here makes sense to me.

That'll be why all their other games are releasing on Xbox One and not on Switch.

Switch is out since 2 months. This is a platformer and if Nintendo's audience would be associated with one genre it's that one. Do you really see them releasing this rather on Xbox than Switch? Do you think it would sell more on the former?

Kssio_Aug

Sure but I'd trust Vicarious Visions over Best Buy. If Best Buy were given the go ahead to put that up then VV wouldn't have said otherwise.

Man all of this Switch port begging is sad.

That tweet was from january though. And maybe PR just won't confirm to people this will be released on different platforms right now to avoid losing some sales.

We will have to wait for E3 or whatever. But I really don't think that Vicarious Visions tweet confirms an non-temporary esclusivity, it just say it will be exclusive (which it is... but maybe for just one year).

Unknown?

This really isn't worth speculating, we have plenty of evidence to support it being exclusive forever and timed. Can't we just wait and see instead of the sad port begging?

That tweet was from january though. And maybe PR just won't confirm to people this will be released on different platforms right now to avoid losing some sales.

We will have to wait for E3 or whatever. But I really don't think that Vicarious Visions tweet confirms an non-temporary esclusivity, it just say it will be exclusive (which it is... but maybe for just one year).
But then you have Sony UK advertising it as Only on PlayStation and Shawn saying they're working with Activision. Anyway if VV didn't want to say and no other company involved wants to say there's no way in hell Best Buy would be allowed to.

If Crash Trilogy remaster pushes a million units plus on launch week, it's for sure coming to other platforms including the Switch.

So what? I got a Switch and I don't even give a fuck. I'm getting the game in June.

And seeing as how the the games keeping topping psn every week for the past several years i wouldn't be surprised if it does hit a million in a weeks time.

brawly

Just like clockwork, people getting upset at the mention of a Switch

Nah. I don't mind the Switch. Have all the games for all I care. Just no one cares where you play your games. I'd say the same if people kept saying that they're excited about playing game x on their $2000 rig in every thread or blatantly portbeg in every thread.

Wamb0wneD

Nah. I don't mind the Switch. Have all the games for all I care. Just no one cares where you play your games. I'd say the same if people kept saying that they're excited about playing game x on their $2000 rig in every thread.

Noone is saying that. Someone saying it would be nice if a game would come to PC isn't the same as saying: "looking forward to play this on my $2000 rig". Acting like everyone mentioning the switch is smug about it, bragging even, is projecting on your part.

brawly

Noone is saying that. Someone saying it would be nice if a game would come to PC isn't the same as saying: "looking forward to play this on my $2000 rig". Acting like everyone mentioning the switch is smug about it, bragging even, is projecting on your part.

It has nothing to do with money or bragging. It could be any system. It's called an example.

Kssio_Aug

Nah. I don't mind the Switch. Have all the games for all I care. Just no one cares where you play your games. I'd say the same if people kept saying that they're excited about playing game x on their $2000 rig in every thread or blatantly portbeg in every thread.

Nah, but saying this as something exclusively to Switch owners is kinda stupid. I've seen this happening many, many times in different threads, for any platform.

Switch is a very recent console, people are still hyped for it, that maybe could be the reason why you see it more frequently nowadays.

Just like clockwork people telling us how much they love their Switch. Christ.

Maybe you can read the OT on the Switch by june.

Even as someone that owns a Switch it's really fucking annoying. We get it, every game on Earth is better on Switch. Anyway getting this on PS4, I'm not waiting a year.

Unknown?

Nah, but saying this as something exclusively to Switch owners is kinda stupid. I've seen this happening many, many times in different threads, for any platform.

Switch is a very recent console, people are still hyped for it, that maybe could be the reason why you see it more frequently nowadays.
Haven't seen it this pronounced even on Vita. With the Switch it's always the developer is stupid for not bringing it to their system. It'd be just as annoying if a bunch of Sony fans went into threads about Moster Hunter and mainline SMT saying they'll wait for the PS4 version. And it does happen in MH threads but not to this extent.

Haven't seen it this pronounced even on Vita. With the Switch it's always the developer is stupid for not bringing it to their system. It'd be just as annoying if a bunch of Sony fans went into threads about Moster Hunter and mainline SMT saying they'll wait for the PS4 version. And it does happen in MH threads but not to this extent.

This would be a great game on Vita. They should do that.

Trey

So what? I got a Switch and I don't even give a fuck. I'm getting the game in June.

And seeing as how the the games keeping topping psn every week for the past several years i wouldn't be surprised if it does hit a million in a weeks time.

Just mentioning that if this release saw that sort of success, whether it would become multiplatform or not would no longer be a question.

When it stops being about a game and more about justifying your system.

As thought - it's nonsense.

When it brought nothing to the discussion. So, since always.

Explain? What are other people bringing to the discussion by being hyped for it on one platform? It's an independently owned IP and it's ports of games that are 20+ years old. Entire thread premise is that it *might* not be exclusive.

Top Bottom