• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spencer: Black Tusk E3 '13 teaser was "a concept piece", not a in-dev game

You wanna tell em the cool codename?

zL2t8LD.png

ntkrnl

Panello is that you?

So there was one?

It looks like it - I'd probably wager that cboat has better insight for this particular thing.

Anyway, cool codename was Shangheist, which seriously sounds fucking awesome.

Stealing shit from the Chinese.

It looks like it - I'd probably wager that cboat has better insight for this particular thing.

I hope they just temp shelved it and didn't outright cancel it :(

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

Shit, that sounds fucking cool. I really hope we see it someday.

You wanna tell em the cool codename?
As long as somebody does I don't care who

Whoah!

That sounds, literally, one million times cooler than another Gears of War game.

God I officially love Wedensday's on Gaf now

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Damn, this sounds awesome.

EDIT: Dude, be careful with typography identification. They can know who is posting this by comparing your posts to documents you've written. That's why CBOAT posts like that. Just a heads up.

Doffen

Fuck :( I wanted this. I needed this.
WHY!!

bigmf

I had to go back though some post and do some digging to figure out if that guy has been vetted by the mods. Good to go.

Interesting stuff, but I never would have believed Black Tusk was just sitting around doing nothing for the past however long.

GavinGT

Banned
Hopefully Microsoft will take the next couple years and built up a separate Gears-focused studio, if only so Black Tusk isn't resigned to that fate for all time.

Oh man, knowing the codename has made it all the more real. Shangheist is a fantastic codename though and the premise of the game was about stealing from the Chinese?

So it was a stealth/spy/espionage game all rolled into one? And we lost that for Gears?

I....Jesus.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Shangheist sounds lovely. Hopefully they can split into two studios like Naughty Dog so they all don't have to get stuck working on Gears.

I can already imagine the twitter campaigns once Gears 4 goes gold

#Bringbackshangheist

They'd be so confused as to how we know the codename lol

Top Bottom