• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spencer on Why There Are No Xbox Series X Exclusives: We’re Putting the Player at the Center

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Yea defense force, somehow in your twisted mind my comment about physical discs turned into an anti-Microsoft comment. Stop being so sensitive and get a grip. My games don't collect dust, I actually play them, played through Mischief Makers on my N64 last week. Its my money and I buy games however the fuck I want. Go get your panties in a bunch somewhere else.
You must be one of those people who still buy Vinyls thinking the quality is somehow better. There is such a thing called the Everdrive btw, replaces all your N64 collection with 1 cart, pairs really well with an UltraHDMI and takes a fraction of the space of my previous N64 collection at a fraction of the cost.

And here is your comment: “
It better not be like this, if the XSX disc just has the X1 version without the enhancement patch then physical versions are gonna be hugely gimped.

People love to throw around that discs this gen almost need their patches, but like 90% of my 200+ PS4 discs can be played perfectly fine unpatched with very little change in the experience.”
I somehow doubt someone with a 200+ PS4 collection has time to play other stuff (unless you don’t value work, family and friends) so I don’t think you own an Xbox. Also, as I said earlier, games currently released on Xbox One have no way of already containing the next gen version until it is released, so how can it be gimped if said product isn’t even released yet? Why do you have to come out negatively like that when all they’ve said is that people buying games will have a way of getting the next gen version without paying more? Nowhere have they said there won’t be a next gen physical version; in fact they’ve stated in the past that they will keep supporting physical media.

But no, lets just derail the thread and spread made up facts about all Series X discs only containing Only the Xbox One version and needing a patch to work. This is basically what this thread turned into and for a forum where people are supposed to be informed, I’m surprised people believe this amounts of bullshit.

FacelessSamurai

I appreciate the benefits it brings to the table, it is really nice, but it is limited because it is not really backward compatibility, it's not even emulation (emulation would be a viable form of BC, if done properly).

Let's look at some definitions so we all talk sensible language before we argue further:

Now as far as I know there is no reasonable definition of "interoperable" that requires you to download a new binary for each piece of software you want to use from the older system(s), and you can't use most software from the older systems as well. The series x and xb1 are truly compatible with one another, the series x should be able to play your existing library without any strings attached.

The Gameboy Advance is backward compatible previous Gameboy systems
The PS2 is backward compatible with the PS1
The Wii is backward compatible the Gamecube
The PS3 was backward compatible with the PS2 & PS1
The Wii U is backward compatible with the Wii and Gamecube

These systems just run any of the games from their predecessors, this is BC - having to download new binaries made for the new platform in order to run games from previous system(s) is not BC, not only that but it only covers a subset of games made for the old systems.

Don't say that the limitations aren't important, my nephew had a 360, at first he figured he would get an xb1 because he wanted to keep playing his games... his father got one, and then he found out most of his games didn't work, so he just returned it - I suspect he is not alone (I know all the benefits, but we are not discussing so say the same thing to one another).
So 1/4 games on 360 is BC and all the big titles have been made BC, yet your nephew couldn’t play most of his games? Unless he was into some really obscure shit I somehow doubt that. And it doesn’t make the PS4 or PS5 any more BC with previous gens, but I guess it’s just easier to try to derail further than to talk about the statements you made about PS5 being BC with all PS systems from PS1 until now. Can you show me proof of that? Because I think you are all making it up and just pull definitions out of your ass about Bc ( no one cares, especially if the result is there and better than the original at that) So that you don’t have to justify yourself on things you have stated but can’t back up.

Probably because most of us played it when it was expensive, stream only, and ran like shit. Plus the download games for the most part aren’t that great at all and not much in terms of new content. GamePass gets MS titles day one, a lot of indie/AA type stuff day one, and AAA third party stuff not long after release.

I hope they do offer a similar service on PS5, it’s fantastic.
Of course but the streaming service is probably the best we'll have. Have you subscribed to PS Now recently? There are a good amount of PS2 titles that are fantastic IMO and the PS4 ones are improving whilst Microsoft is basically giving their games away.

But yeah it's good. Not enough RPG's for my liking, but it's good, let's hope Microsoft was smart in their acquisitions and those studios' games are great.

You must be one of those people who still buy Vinyls thinking the quality is somehow better. There is such a thing called the Everdrive btw, replaces all your N64 collection with 1 cart, pairs really well with an UltraHDMI and takes a fraction of the space of my previous N64 collection at a fraction of the cost.

It better not be like this, if the XSX disc just has the X1 version without the enhancement patch then physical versions are gonna be hugely gimped.
There's no objectivity about this, we're just arguing our preference in this regard, and if physical media is gimped in any way, shape, or form, then that needs to be called out. Some people don't care about the convenience of just pressing a button and launching a game, some people just want to display their games on their shelves instead of being an app on a screen that you still pay full price for (on launch).

If Microsoft is still supporting physical media, then what are you going on about digital being as "superior" as you say it is, even though you technically have less rights and ownership of your games?

Last edited:

sainraja

If the future isn't hardware centric, we're still not going to lose exclusives. If we ignore the console landscape for a minute and take a look at PC — how many competing gaming platforms do we have right now?

• GOG
  • Steam
  • EPIC Games Store
  • Microsoft's own store on the PC
There are a couple more. Don't we have exclusives that are tied to each one of them? If not through a contract, through other means. Exclusives aren't really going to go away.

LMJ

Both sides so called persecution of each other is downright stupid and retarded ... Seriously it's in nearly every thread derailing them...ENOUGH ALREADY!

I get it, I used to be a Nintendo fanboy, hated Sega as they were the direct competition, got Nintendo power and I still remember the PR 64 vhs video mocking playstation and that "Bandicoot" I was right there doing the same...Then I met my best friend a Sega enthusiast and fell in love with Sonic, before long I had my first Sega system, then a PS, then the Cube, then my Box and each one brought me hundreds of hours of joy, to think what I may have missed if I kept my bias' strong...

I get where it comes from, personal biases spring from almost any circumstance be it positive or negative, but I would argue you "console warriors" are the ones who miss out the most.

MS has had some incredible games through thier 3 generations, and the fourth is looking great for them, but rather than be happy with the awesome news recently released, many Xbox loyalists choose to gloat and act the fool...bragging about how "thier" console is the biggest and baddest and bestest of them all (you've had that bragging right for the last 2 years fyi, nothing new) like some sad kid bragging about thier dad on the playground at recess...and the ironic part is we dont know that for certain either (rumors) what if the Sony machine is equal or stronger?

Sony fanboys are no better, clutching at their precious exclusives (great as they may be) as the end all, and often overlooking any shortcomings or ignoring them outright. I had a PS3, I clearly remember what a half baked online experience that thing started with, it may have ended in glory, but it started out as mediocre as possible...

Playstation can thank Xbox and Live for Trophies, chatrooms paid online, (cant all be good) the Home button and many more, the consoles all work off each other, Sony's share button has been adopted in some way by both the big N and MS. Kinect (love it or hate it) exists because of inspiration of the Eye Toy... Both the Dual shock and Xbox remote can thank the 64 remote and rumble pack...each one works off the other...

There is a difference between criticisms and just bashing someone, each console maker has had huge missteps and huge triumphs, so while you continue these pointless feuds you miss out on fantastic games and services (yes PS fans, the online games on Xbox ARE fun, and So are the "walking simulators" XB fanboys, and dont get me started on Nintendo titles quality...

If one of those isn't for you hey fine, but no need to attack those who do enjoy it needlessly...its just gotten sad now...

Both sides so called persecution of each other is downright stupid and retarded ... Seriously it's in nearly every thread derailing them...ENOUGH ALREADY!

I get it, I used to be a Nintendo fanboy, hated Sega as they were the direct competition, got Nintendo power and I still remember the PR 64 vhs video mocking playstation and that "Bandicoot" I was right there doing the same...Then I met my best friend a Sega enthusiast and fell in love with Sonic, before long I had my first Sega system, then a PS, then the Cube, then my Box and each one brought me hundreds of hours of joy, to think what I may have missed if I kept my bias' strong...

I get where it comes from, personal biases spring from almost any circumstance be it positive or negative, but I would argue you "console warriors" are the ones who miss out the most.

MS has had some incredible games through thier 3 generations, and the fourth is looking great for them, but rather than be happy with the awesome news recently released, many Xbox loyalists choose to gloat and act the fool...bragging about how "thier" console is the biggest and baddest and bestest of them all (you've had that bragging right for the last 2 years fyi, nothing new) like some sad kid bragging about thier dad on the playground at recess...and the ironic part is we dont know that for certain either (rumors) what if the Sony machine is equal or stronger?

Sony fanboys are no better, clutching at their precious exclusives (great as they may be) as the end all, and often overlooking any shortcomings or ignoring them outright. I had a PS3, I clearly remember what a half baked online experience that thing started with, it may have ended in glory, but it started out as mediocre as possible...

Playstation can thank Xbox and Live for Trophies, chatrooms paid online, (cant all be good) the Home button and many more, the consoles all work off each other, Sony's share button has been adopted in some way by both the big N and MS. Kinect (love it or hate it) exists because of inspiration of the Eye Toy... Both the Dual shock and Xbox remote can thank the 64 remote and rumble pack...each one works off the other...

There is a difference between criticisms and just bashing someone, each console maker has had huge missteps and huge triumphs, so while you continue these pointless feuds you miss out on fantastic games and services (yes PS fans, the online games on Xbox ARE fun, and So are the "walking simulators" XB fanboys, and dont get me started on Nintendo titles quality...

If one of those isn't for you hey fine, but no need to attack those who do enjoy it needlessly...its just gotten sad now...

Long story short, stop hating for no god damn reason lol. Microsoft has done so many damn good things for their platform and the industry, ideas that sony has adopted and vice versa. Microsoft is no stranger to delivering great games on their platform. This current gen, while still having some fantastic games, suffered more obviously than any other previous xbox generation. Sony with their exclusive lineup hit it out of the park, and should be highly commended for that. That said, the majority of the games that everybody is buying are not these exclusives, no matter how much fanboy bragging rights we like to derive from them. Each sides exclusives aren't even usually always necessarily the absolute best games on each platform. Some of the best, sure, clearly the best? Definitely not. You have numerous third party titles that, in their own special way or approach, are easy matches for any of the best first party games Sony or Microsoft have put out.

Clearly we must agree with that in some major fashion or else those games wouldn't be selling the way that they do. There is great reason to be very excited about what Microsoft has coming up with next gen, and any denial of that basic fact just can't be taken seriously. Games will not be held back in any significant fashion by a decision to, in the short term, continue supporting current gen consoles for at least a year or more past the Series X launch. If it didn't stop the PC version of games like Arkham Knight from looking incredible, I don't see Series X having any problem. And when one of your big selling points of your platform is all the places that games are supported and can played on with a single purchase, it makes some sense to demonstrate that with specific newer releases as it leads to a great chance or possibility of those existing users adopting xcloud or game pass.

People love to throw around that discs this gen almost need their patches, but like 90% of my 200+ PS4 discs can be played perfectly fine unpatched with very little change in the experience.”
I somehow doubt someone with a 200+ PS4 collection has time to play other stuff (unless you don’t value work, family and friends) so I don’t think you own an Xbox. Also, as I said earlier, games currently released on Xbox One have no way of already containing the next gen version until it is released, so how can it be gimped if said product isn’t even released yet? Why do you have to come out negatively like that when all they’ve said is that people buying games will have a way of getting the next gen version without paying more? Nowhere have they said there won’t be a next gen physical version; in fact they’ve stated in the past that they will keep supporting physical media.

But no, lets just derail the thread and spread made up facts about all Series X discs only containing Only the Xbox One version and needing a patch to work. This is basically what this thread turned into and for a forum where people are supposed to be informed, I’m surprised people believe this amounts of bullshit.
I have every Xbox console released, of course I haven't played through all my PS4 games, ever heard of a backlog? My comment was never about games releasing before the XSX was released, why would you even think that? My comment clearly states XSX disc not X1 disc. How can there be a XSX game disc before the XSX is even out? All you had to do was just take a second and think about how stupid that is and reread my comment, but you went into full defense mode and the sirens went off in your head WOO WOOO WOOO MUST DEFEND MICROSOFT WOOO WOOO WOOO. Your the only one derailing shit by going full defense robot and not bothering to read comments.

GHG

Gold Member
If the future isn't hardware centric, we're still not going to lose exclusives. If we ignore the console landscape for a minute and take a look at PC — how many competing gaming platforms do we have right now?

• GOG
  • Steam
  • EPIC Games Store
  • Microsoft's own store on the PC
There are a couple more. Don't we have exclusives that are tied to each one of them? If not through a contract, through other means. Exclusives aren't really going to go away.

There are no exclusives on GOG and strictly speaking, none on Steam either.

The only ones bringing console war platform tactics to the PC marketplace are Epic and unsurprisingly, Microsoft.

FacelessSamurai

The only ones bringing console war platform tactics to the PC marketplace are Epic and unsurprisingly, Microsoft.
MS is bringing all of their games to Steam on top of the Windows store. Don’t go making false accusations here, you’re just making shit up.

Here’s the quote by the way in case you were wondering:
"Our intent is to make our Xbox Game Studios PC games available in multiple stores, including our own Microsoft Store on Windows, at their launch. We believe you should have choice in where you buy your PC games," writes Xbox head Phil Spencer.

Halo, Gears,Killer Instinct, Age of Empires...all on steam. need I say more? No console war tactics, no exclusivity.

So 1/4 games on 360 is BC and all the big titles have been made BC, yet your nephew couldn’t play most of his games? Unless he was into some really obscure shit I somehow doubt that. And it doesn’t make the PS4 or PS5 any more BC with previous gens,
3/4 of the 360 games don't work on the xb1, it's reasonable to assume someone has a couple of games that they like that aren't covered... Not to mention that if what interests you is the og Xbox library it's even worse (this is my case). It's nice to have it, it enhance the games and all, but this is not as good as it's made out to be by some, that's all I am saying.

Nobody claimed that the PS4 has any kind of backward compatibility with any previous PlayStation system (unless you count the few emulated PS2 games sold on the PS store or PSNow as a form of BC, but no PlayStation fan is that delusional). However it's fair to expect the PS5 to offer full BC with the PS4, and according to rumors we can expect it to run PlayStation games from the ps1, ps2 and PS3, with some real transparent backward compatibility layer. Obviously there is no proof, the system is not released.

As for definition, backward compatibility is a technical therm, claiming you offer it is a factual claim, no matter how good it is for 1/4 of the time, it's broken 3/4of the time... Imagine if MS released a new version of office that only opened 90%of existed out there, but it made the rest look nicer in some ways, and then they claimed backward compatibility, boasted about the high level of compatibility, even going as far as saying that it opens your most important documents, so who cares about the rest, that wouldn't fly... Only gamers are willing to put up with that kind of definition stretching.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

giphy.gif

M1chl

Trillion dollar company that gets beat by the way smaller company every generation
The difference is, that gaming bussiness is hardly something important to MS, whilst Sony and Nintendo would go bankrupt without it.

nordique

For me this gives me no incentive to upgrade from my Xbox one X for the time being

don’t care that it’s 12tp and the ps4 is 9 or whatever. If it has the games That’s allthat matters

Last edited:
It’s pretty obvious why they’re doing that. They want the gamepass subscriptions to still matter even if you don’t upgrade to the new console.

could you imagine if all the new Xbox games were exclusive to Xbox series X and all those current gamepass owners didn’t have access to them on Xbox one? I can imagine that there would be a lot of gamepass subscription cancellations at that point.

They did this because of gamepass subs.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It’s pretty obvious why they’re doing that. They want the gamepass subscriptions to still matter even if you don’t upgrade to the new console.

could you imagine if all the new Xbox games were exclusive to Xbox series X and all those current gamepass owners didn’t have access to them on Xbox one? I can imagine that there would be a lot of gamepass subscription cancellations at that point.

They did this because of gamepass subs.

Joy!

GHG

Gold Member

So we're going to forget about the fact that up until around the mid point of last year they were refusing to put any game they were associated with on anything other than the Windows store?

They only stopped because people told them where to shove it.

These are the same guys who tried to make us pay a monthly subscription for online gaming on PC.

Last edited:

M1chl

So we're going to forget about the fact that up until around the mid point of last year they were refusing to put any game they were associated with on anything other than the Windows store?

They only stopped because people told them where to shove it.
Yes, so they listened and current situation is way better. That's what counts. Or are we going to play the old time and blame Sony for putting rootkit on PCs?

GHG

Gold Member
Yes, so they listened and current situation is way better. That's what counts. Or are we going to play the old time and blame Sony for putting rootkit on PCs?

Sony don't have a presence on the PC at the moment (other than via 3rd party stores) but if they were to return and came in with some shitty undercooked launcher and terrible ports then they would also be told where to go.

Don't treat your potential PC customers like you do your console ones, it won't end well.

To be honest I will only give them the benefit of the doubt once there has been a sustained period of them continuing in the direction they are going in at the moment. A few months of good moves don't erase a decade of utter shit. There's still a long way to go because UWP still needs to be phased out.

Last edited:

PocoJoe

Banned
Game engines are pretty damn scaleable these days. I’m not expecting any innovative gameplay leaps next gen anyway. Just more games pushing 60FPS at higher resolutions, ray tracing and other graphical bells and whistles and so on. All that stuff can easily be scaled down or not included in the last gen ports, much like older PCs can just play on lower settings and disable some things.

I get why some are disappointed, but I don't really care about enemy AI advancements or big changes in gameplay. I mostly play simpler, story driven games, have no problems putting things on easy to enjoy it more etc. So I'm not looking for smarter enemies, crazy physics, tons of enemies or npcs on screen. As long as I keep getting more things like RDR2, God of War, Horizon, Mario Odyssey, Gears 4 and 5, Ori, Spider-Man, Pokemon and the various other games I've loved this generation I'm golden. I started seriously playing games with the NES and this gen has been one of my absolute favorites. I don't even care about how big the graphics leap is. I'm still on 1080p and if there's a lot of cross gen stuff I'll probably be slow to upgrade to a new console or upgrade my PC anyway.

You sound kind of selfish. "I dont care so fuck those that would care" attitude.

So game like rdr2 etc with epic physics aka destructable houses, world would not be anything remarkable to you?

I have been gaming since pong,c64 and nes and i would be sad if next gen would be Limited by greedy company that wants to see games for ancient tech.

But I choose the best platformer aka ps5 so there isnt this limitation.

Scaling can be easier now but it doesnt do miracles.

Just look at switch ports of modern games like doom/witcher = almost unplayable because the tech is too slow. And slowest platform will definetly limit the fastest one in a way or an another.

You cant scale game designed for super fast SSD to super slow HDD just with a press of a button

Last edited:
The PS4 had sold 5.3million units within weeks, at this point in time the xb1 wasn't that far behind.

Also, exclusives on a new console get some serious boost in sales, probably because people want something to play on their new hardware, and they want to show it off.
You sound kind of selfish. "I dont care so fuck those that would care" attitude.

So game like rdr2 etc with epic physics aka destructable houses, world would not be anything remarkable to you?

I have been gaming since pong,c64 and nes and i would be sad if next gen would be Limited by greedy company that wants to see games for ancient tech.

But I choose the best platformer aka ps5 so there isnt this limitation.

Scaling can be easier now but it doesnt do miracles.

Just look at switch ports of modern games like doom/witcher = almost unplayable because the tech is too slow. And slowest platform will definetly limit the fastest one in a way or an another.

You cant scale game designed for super fast SSD to super slow HDD just with a press of a button
A couple points here to your ignorance.

"I choose the best platform aka PS5"

You have no earthly idea what the PS5 is or its impending games.

"Just look at switch ports of modern games like doom/witcher = almost unplayable because the tech is too slow. And slowest platform will definetly limit the fastest one in a way or an another."

How does this make any sense in your head? The egg followed the chicken, which can be done in any development environment. These games were ported to the Switch therefore their experience on the other much better platforms was hindered in absolutely zero capacity by its existence.

ZywyPL

Banned
I honesty don't understand what some people here are expecting to happen, I mean, they are obviously setting themselves like Titanic on that iceberg for a huge let down, because let's be real, how many "true" next-gen titles can we expect from Sony? Three at best? That would be my safest bet. because I cannot imagine them being able to deliver anything more at launch/first year, given they don't have that many studios, and that some of them are still working on PS4 titles.

Some of the games will obviously/most likely get patched for the PS5 with 60FPS, 4K, RT, no loadings, better details, and so on, games like TLoU2, GoT, and possibly DS, SM, GoW and Horizon, but then again - from the narrative I get here I understand that those people will refuse to play those games, as they won't be a "true" next-gen experience, which is what they buy the PS5 for.

Same applies to all the games from all 3rd party publishers, like CP2077, GTA6, next Fifa, CoD, BF, Assasins, Destiny and what's not, because those publishers aren't abandoning that 100MLN+ user base anytime soon, and all those game will be supposedly held back by the PS4, right? Which again, you simply can't reinvent some of the franchises, like FiFa, CoD, sport games, or any of the fighting games where there are just two characters, one arena, Round 1, FIGHT! There are games where no matter how much processing and computing power you'll throw at them won't change at all, except for just prettier pixels, even if the next-gen systems will be the base ones.

Honestly, we went through this during PS3/X360-PS4/XB1 cross-gen era already (and I bet the biggest naysayers now are exact same people who screamed the loudest about how BF on PS4/XB1 is a next-gen experience with its 60FPS and 64 players), and then sort of again with the mid-gen refresh Pro and 1X, one has to simply be either dumb or stubborn as a donkey to not to see what's coming and not accepting it.

Besides, MS opening on pretty much all platforms out there also has to take PCs into consideration, and while Steam hardware surveys might give us just a glimpse, MS has the data of every single one PC that runs on Windows, they know what's the everage CPU, GPU RAM amount, how many people are RT-capable, how many have SSDs, and so on, they know the best how high or low they must aim in order to target the broadest audience.

PS. The suggestion there's no point of getting XBX if the games are on PC is also as childish and dumb as it only can get, it's the same as saying there;s no point in getting a motorcycle besaus a car drives on the same roads... Many people just don't want the nerdy desk experience, deal with it.

sainraja

Yeah, I tried to acknowledge that but I realize now I should have said either via contract or naturally. But the further we get from 'consoles' and 'console' exclusives, the more what we're using to dealing with on consoles will make it's way to whatever other platforms that surface.

You need to give people a reason to go to you over the others which is why EPIC is doing it (before EPIC came in, Steam pretty much was the only main option, right?).

I know GOG's been around and they are my favorite for buying games on PC (anytime I have a choice to buy a game and they have it, I will buy it from them.)

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Beat in the gaming sector. What good does MS deep pockets do me when Sony is funding the better games
Better according to who? I'm not a fan of Sonys games. Like, at all. Too many cinematics for me. I want to play the game. Not watch it.

Doesn't matter though. Let's see what Sony does against XGS next gen. I'll place a hefty bet right now Sonys studios will have a much harder fight next gen. Sony fans better start jotting down those narratives and oiling the wheels on those goal posts.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Better according to who? I'm not a fan of Sonys games. Like, at all. Too many cinematics for me. I want to play the game. Not watch it.

Doesn't matter though. Let's see what Sony does against XGS next gen. I'll place a hefty bet right now Sonys studios will have a much harder fight next gen. Sony fans better start jotting down those narratives and oiling the wheels on those goal posts.
According to most gamers, journalists, awards, review scores

Sony has a few Aces: Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica, Sucker Punch, Guerrilla

Xbox might have some good games too but I can't see their offerings being better than PS

thelastword

Banned
I can't believe people are saying MS has 120 Trillion? What did that 120 Trillion give you?

Crackdown 3
State of Decay 2
Sea of Thieves
Recore
Lococyle
Crimson Dragon

all cartoony looking AA games

and some of the worse Gears, Forza and Halo games in their specific franchises...….

Get a hold of yourself, that 120 Trillion has very little to do with the gaming division.....So if you want to pump your chest about MS money, you should be doing so in the MS vs Unix/Linux thread or MS vs Worperfect Suite thread because that's where they made their money...

GooseMan69

Better according to who? I'm not a fan of Sonys games. Like, at all.

Almost everyone judging by metacritic and sales figures. Not here to debate your personal opinions, but I think you know who.

God of War, The Last of Us, Horizon, Uncharted 4, Lost Legacy, etc. All huge hits commercially and critically.

thelastword

Banned
This is just as dumb as "Console Parity".
Yes, for both console exclusives and VR they need to come on board. Having a brand new console and talking about how great your hardware is, you need to show it off through first party software, that's the hook for every new gen.

Also, VR is going to be very important next gen, we have the hardware to drive VR at 120fps next gen.....Surely, it should be clear that there will be a higher adoption for VR and more money being pumped into it.....So far, I'd say VR has been a success based on some stellar software we've received for that platform this generation...

Dory16

Banned
The title of this thread is completely misleading. Xbox Series X HAS some exclusives. We know several of them by now. The Medium and Scorn just to name those two.
Not only do we know that the XSX has exclusives, we also know that the best game engine next gen will scale across platforms as low as current gen consoles and would be able to run on them. EPIC stated that.
Finally, we've always known that there is no commitment to continue supporting Xbox One beyond 2022 and the Unreal Engine 5 will be released on 2021.
There is no controversy with respect to exclusives on the XSX.

thelastword

Banned
The title of this thread is completely misleading. Xbox Series X HAS some exclusives. We know several of them by now. The Medium and Scorn just to name those two.
Not only do we know that the XSX has exclusives, we also know that the best game engine next gen will scale across platforms as low as current gen consoles and would be able to run on them. EPIC stated that.
Finally, we've always known that there is no commitment to continue supporting Xbox One beyond 2022 and the Unreal Engine 5 will be released on 2021.
There is no controversy with respect to exclusives on the XSX.
Exclusives as its not on any other console or platform. If it's on PC, it's on another platform. If it's on last gen consoles, then it's not going to be a game built ground up for the new gen hardware.

GetemMa

I don't think MS really needs absolute X1X exclusives at launch to be successful. If the price is right and Halo Infnite is good, It won't matter that it's available Xbox1 and PC. I enjoy what MS has done in the PC space. It's freed me from ever having to buy one of their consoles ever again and I get all their exclusives with Gamepass and I can still play multiplayer with my friends on xbox. It's probably one of the better deals on offer at the moment. I liked Forza 3/4 and Gears 4/5 and Gears Tactics probably more than most of Sony's 1st party offerings other than Bloodborne, which is GOAT for me. Spiderman is also top notch. But This idea that Sony will own them this gen seems far fetched when we don't know the price or what exactly Sony's exclusive launch titles will be. If it's like last gen with Killzone then I can't see that being a big factor in their success. That said, I'm getting a PS5 because they don't put their games on PC and I would happily replay Bloodborne if they can get it to 60fps on PS5. I'm not confident that will be the case as they refused to patch it for PS4 pro.

Top Bottom