• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 will be a "darker" Empire Strikes Back-style sequel

bitbydeath

“If the first Spider-Man game was Star Wars, Spider-Man 2 is kind of our Empire," Rosemann said. "It gets a little darker."
A darker turn also ties in nicely to Insomniac's other upcoming project, Marvel's Wolverine, which is further off.

"We will eventually reveal when Wolverine is aimed to launch," Rosemann continued. "For more, go back and study those trailers - they are packed with details and Easter eggs."
We gave the Wolverine teaser a rewatch (it's not long, only 50 seconds) and spotted its cash register displays "Register Mode 19.74". This is likely a reference to the year of Wolverine's first proper appearance, 1974, in The Incredible Hulk #181. Indeed, a number plate for "HLK 181" can be seen above the bar. Is Rosemann hinting at a Hulk appearance?

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

Shubh_C63

"If the first Spider-Man game was Star Wars"
It was an amazing game but lets be honest, it was a collectathon because traversal was god tier.

supernova8

Banned
Not a chance, if they kill either of them it'll be Peter.
Yeah agreed. For me (someone who is not remotely invested in Spiderman), I wouldn't give a shit. As long as they keep developing Miles as an interesting (and importantly for me, funny) character then cool.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Play as Peter for 1/3 and he gets put out of commission then play as Miles for 1/3 then in the final act you can choice between the two of them who to play.

Not that hard. 🤷‍♂️

Duchess

Star Wars films - Worst to Best:

The Last Jedi
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Solo
The Force Awakens
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
Rogue One
The Empire Strikes Back

(I didn't watch Rise of Skywalker because Last Jedi was such utter shit)

bender

What time is it?
Sings, "It just don't get any darker than that kid Peter Parker" to the Limp Bizkit classing Rollin'.

I only kind of hate myself for a Limp Bizkit reference. At least it was an X verse.

Top Bottom