• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 3.1 (New cut supervised by Sam Raimi) included in Japanese SM Trilogy Set

No one deserves this.

I managed to give Man of Steel a second try. I came away feeling some criticisms I had were a bit unfounded, but it entrenched some others even more strongly. In the end, I hated it just as much in the end.

I still have yet to build up a blood alcohol level high enough to subject myself to BvS again. I will do it soon. I feel I need to revisit that, but think my hatred will only be stronger.

I said after BvS came out that I would rather watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Green Lantern on a 24 hour loop than watch BvS again. I am still in that camp after a year.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
And that is why Marvel Studios's Homecoming is going to be the best spiderman. Neither Spidermen have ever got him right. Civil War's spiderman was true to the character more so than both Tobel and Andrew with their 5 movies combined.

source.gif

And that is why Marvel Studios's Homecoming is going to be the best spiderman. Neither Spidermen have ever got him right. Civil War's spiderman was true to the character more so than both Tobel and Andrew with their 5 movies combined.

I thought he was great in Civil War, but I'd be very surprised if Homecoming can top SM2.

Explain to me why people consider Spider-Man 2 the greatest superhero movie of all time? It's fucking got so much cheese to it. The only good Spider-Man movie was the first one because William Defoe was a great Goblin.
I remember thinking the same thing at the time about Spider-Man 2, but since then, I think the movie, while still good, has aged a bit or fallen in ranks in the face of superior comic book movies, like The Dark Knight, Kick Ass, Days of Future Past, Civil War, Logan, etc.

Explain to me why people consider Spider-Man 2 the greatest superhero movie of all time? It's fucking got so much cheese to it. The only good Spider-Man movie was the first one because William Defoe was a great Goblin.

Cheese is ok. Sam Raimi's style is a little hokey, but it really doesn't take away from anything he's going for. In the case of Spider-Man, I think it turned out to be the perfect fit and totally in line with the material. The guy responsible for Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness was always going to be a great pick for a comic book movie. Yeah, it's kind of goofy in parts, but it really just adds to the overall package.

That said, Tom Holland has already sold me on the character much more than Tobey Maguire ever did. Sam Raimi directing Tom Holland could have been GOAT.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Am I the only person who liked Topher as Venom? The physical similarities between the two actors made him a great choice as Venom, as it still represented an alternate Peter Parker, even when the symbiote hosted a new body. I think in one of the SM universes, Venom took host of a body that was basically exactly like Peter. I forgot if it was another version of Brock or an entirely different character.

While I disliked SM3 quite a bit, the casting of Venom wasn't one of my issues with it.

Davey Cakes

Am I the only person who liked Topher as Venom? The physical similarities between the two actors made him a great choice as Venom, as it still represented an alternate Peter Parker, even when the symbiote hosted a new body. I think in one of the SM universes, Venom took host of a body that was basically exactly like Peter. I forgot if it was another version of Brock or an entirely different character.

While I disliked SM3 quite a bit, the casting of Venom wasn't one of my issues with it.
I liked Topher in the role. Eddie Brock himself wasn't even that bad of a character, but Venom was just badly written and kind of rushed into the movie towards the end.

SM3 needed to either skip Sandman or skip Venom. It bit off more than it could chew.

Vampfox

Banned
Don't forget the Harry Osborne amnesia subplot that was totally necessary.
To be fair Harry did get amnesia in the comics.

I'd love a Spider-Man 3.1 since it's clear if you read the novelization that a lot of the plot such as the Sandman's storyline with his daughter were cut from the final movie.

Still a better movie then Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Scavenger

The new Editor's Cut made its way to Amazon.com as a digital copy and rental.

List of changes from someone who watched the editor's cut and DVD simultaneously:
Hardback247 said:
Here is the full list of differences:

Different background music during certain scenes.

The shot of Sandman diving into the sand pit is removed, and he just falls in.

At the beginning of the sewer/train fight, the shot of Sandman looking at the ceiling is cut by a second or two.

The scene where Peter is on the payphone and apologizes to Mr. Ditkovitch is removed, and replaced with a shot of Peter cautiously looking at the black box, and is shown after MJ arrives in the mansion elevator, but before the Twist scene. Instead, there is an alternate version of the scene where Ursula tells Peter that MJ called him, and he apologizes right then.

The line "Make him wish he were dead. First, we attack his heart!" is removed.

After the breakup scene on the bridge, the scenes with Harry and Peter at the cafe and the mansion fight is moved to later, and instead shows the scene in Peter's apartment before the fight. Right then, is when he wears the black suit under his clothes on the street and notices Eddie's fake photo on the Daily Bugle front page.

We finally see the full trailer footage of the black-suited Spider-Man footage in the daylight as he leaves the Daily Bugle. It's then that he puts the suit back in the black box, and goes to meet Harry in the coffee shop.

The mansion fight then happens, but not before an alternate beginning to the scene with different dialogue and takes, and it starts with Peter lying on the couch.

After that, the James Brown song montage starts, without the spinning newspaper.

After Sandman reforms himself, the sandcastle scene in the park is shown.

The scene with Aunt May in Peter's apartment is removed entirely.

An alternate scene where Harry doesn't learn about his father getting killed by the glider, and instead looks at a broken picture frame containing a photo of him, Peter and MJ, to which he then cries.

Pagusas

Elden Member
The new Editor's Cut made its way to Amazon.com as a digital copy and rental.

List of changes from someone who watched the editor's cut and DVD simultaneously:

Oh wow so they removed the cringe inducing butler scene? So Harry forgives peter without knowing the truth about his father?

They need to remove the corny broadcast bits during the final fight also, the strait faced "this could be the end of Spider-Man" or whatever is said was soooo bad. Remove it and you instantly make the finale better.

I have so many fundamental, underlying problems with the movie in general that I doubt any of this will actually pave a way for me to like it, but I'm still interested in seeing how it plays out now.

The aunt may scene was great, dumb exclusion

But at the same time that butler scene was the worst thing in the movie for me aside from the uncle Ben killer retcon so I dunno how to feel about this

Curious to see it again tho.

Davide

Love the MCU but the look and visuals of Spider-Man 3 are way better than Homecoming seems to be. The original trilogy suit is still the best too.

Should have cut the dancing scene. Should have cut some of MJ's "singing." Should have cut the milk and cookies bit.

Other than that, interesting additions and cuts. I may give this a watch.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Wow, a lot of changes.

I'm gonna watch the my original DVD and rewatch this recut version.

Top Bottom