• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Far From Home Official Teaser Trailer

Thoughts on trailer, spoilers from trailer below.....

I didn’t know this was dropping today

Awesome, can’t wait.

Couple thoughts from trailer:

Are they ditching Spider-Sense again? He didn’t know that Fury was in the room?

Looks like we glimpsed three different suits?

Different take on Mysterio? Or is he faking everything?

Last edited:

Jaxx_377

Neo Member

Awesome, can’t wait.

I don't know about the Mysterio thing but as for the Spider-Sense I guess they could explain it two ways:

1. Since NIck Fury doesn't present Danger and he didn't sense him I guess.

2. Or Since NIck Fury knows of Spider Mans ability he has some way/tech to negate that particular power.

Both are pretty flimsy but I guess they could work?

Movie is going to be fire. And the hydroman looking thing Mysterio is fighting is going to be something he is controlling. Fits who he is.

cr0w

Old Member
Really dislike the black/red suit. Looks weird.

Why is Michelle still a thing?

Mysterio looks good, obviously a con man making himself look like a hero.

Massive spoiler for Endgame in the background of one of the scenes, lol.

Also at what point are they going to let Peter be Spider-Man without a fucking mentor from the MCU coaching his every move?

Last edited:

Dunki

I thought far from home has something to do with what did happen to Spiderman in Infinity War. I am kinda dissapointed now.

sol_bad

I don't know why I'm surprised but absolutely astounded that they got Mysterio to work on screen and he looks gooooood.
Damn, can't wait for this.

The timeline of the sequels in relation to movie release dates does seem odd and potentially confusing

Massive spoiler for Endgame in the background of one of the scenes, lol.

I didn’t notice it when I watched the trailer. Now I’m afraid to rewatch

Last edited:
I don't know about the Mysterio thing but as for the Spider-Sense I guess they could explain it two ways:

1. Since NIck Fury doesn't present Danger and he didn't sense him I guess.

2. Or Since NIck Fury knows of Spider Mans ability he has some way/tech to negate that particular power.

Both are pretty flimsy but I guess they could work?

Yeah, definitely.

As far as IW I was happy to see it show up when he senses the alien ship whole riding the bus from across town and when he senses the GOTG approaching them later on. So I was just looking for it in the trailer too, but yeah it could be explained. Fury is a master is sneaking up on people, right?

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
So Mysterio dude was fighting the water guy right?

Alfen Dave

Party pooper here.
Damn, do Marvel movies look so manufactured. They're popping them out on an industrial scale and god do some of those shots look completely synthetic. I can see the green screen and the comp all over them plates.

Some of the flaws just pop out at first glance:

0:30 : What is his web attached to? Are we back to the PS1 games?
What's with all the glossiness in the shot? New-York of 2001's spidey felt more believable, natural in terms of lightning and color.

1:35 to 1:44 that smoke rendition looks like some cheap comped over gif of a smoke pasted over a png in after effects.

These movies will look worse over the years and will definitely NOT hold up to time.

Manus

This looks kinda bad. I'm so burnt out on Marvel films. They just seem so creatively bankrupt with all their new movies. I want them to take more risks it's not like they can't afford to.

Javthusiast

Banned
Not really feeling it yet. But I also thought homecoming was just okay. And I highly doubt the writing will be as good as Into the spider-verse, as well as everything else really. xD

This looks kinda bad. I'm so burnt out on Marvel films. They just seem so creatively bankrupt with all their new movies. I want them to take more risks it's not like they can't afford to.

Seems like the Disney umbrella makes risks almost impossible. It’s too bad.

There’s a lot of creative, thought provoking, and funky comic book storylines we will probably never see on screen.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
Seems like the Disney umbrella makes risks almost impossible. It’s too bad.

There’s a lot of creative, thought provoking, and funky comic book storylines we will probably never see on screen.

Nowadays there is too much money to be made overseas. You have to make the movie appeal to the widest audience as possible when there is this kind of money at stake.

Doom85

Yeah, just like Homecoming turned out for me, it looks good but nothing amazing. Especially after Spider-verse came out and not only did we finally get Miles but also proper adult Peter finally (not to mention a mid 20's Peter in the PS4 game) and the fact that they've said they intend for the first three MCU Spidey films to be his high school years is just crazy. He was in high school for not that long in the comics, it's tiring for every reboot to always have to bring him back to that point but it's kinda crazy that the MCU movies are the most obsessed with keeping it there even moreso than the Raimi (only half of first film) or Amazing films (graduated at start of 2). The whole "Peter is a kid, so his interaction with the other heroes who are all adults is different" shtick works in the team films like Civil War and Infinity War but in the solo films it just makes me want to see the character move on already.

Remember folks, we can't even DARE mention Uncle Ben's name in the MCU because people are so tired of that story (and they've also said they don't plan on ever bringing in Green Goblin or Doc Ock either because CLEARLY their decades of stories in the comics was fully represented with a few films), but throwing Peter back into high school for three whole movies is a-okay!

jadedm17

After, Marvel was kind of pissed that Sony is releasing this so close to End Game

I am too, as someone who still watches most of these in theatres it's the first time I'm feeling the 'superhero fatigue'.
I.... just wtf.....

Seems weird to release this before Endgame, even if we knew it was coming and that these characters were almost certainly going to return. Hmm...

As for the trailer itself...it's fine. Didn't really hype me or anything but looks fun. I'm happy they didn't shy away from letting Mysterio have the fishbowl head. At least to some extent.

Last edited:

xviper

i wish if they would make a Superhero movie where at the end the villain kills the hero and achieves his goal (infinite war doesn't count because it has 2 parts and the story hasn't ended)

bitbydeath

The US and International trailers have different lines at the end with flash dissing Peter.

US - Sup dickwad
INT - Sup loser

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Awesome, can’t wait.

Mysterio first debuted as a hero
only to be revealed as the villian,
So I imagine it's what we're getting here, with
the Elementals being his work

Overall I liked the trailer, but it didn't leave me with the same level of excitement as the first Homecoming trailer did.

Last edited:
Mysterio first debuted as a "hero"
only to be revealed as the villian,
. So I imagine it's what we're getting here.

Overall I liked the trailer, but it didn't leave me with the same level of excitement as the first Homecoming trailer did.

So....

He’s just “fighting” his illusions? More or less?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So....

He’s just “fighting” his illusions? More or less?
Pretty much yeah.

And I'm wondering if
Fury is also an illusion or whatever they choose to call them in this, because that would explain the spider sense not alerting Peter to his presence.

Or it could just be a continuity issue.

Edit: Another possibility that crossed my mind, is that it could be
Chameleon.

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
The thing I liked about the previous Spider-Man is that it was sort of grounded. The villain was just a regular guy. This looks like shit with the huge CG monsters. Ughhh

sol_bad

i wish if they would make a Superhero movie where at the end the villain kills the hero and achieves his goal (infinite war doesn't count because it has 2 parts and the story hasn't ended)

I don't get it.
Do people sit there and say "I hope James Bond dies in the next film" or "I hope he dies in John Wick 3". It's so weird to see this complaint come up for super hero movies but not any other action based film.

Bryank75

Banned
Very interested , trailer looks great. Between this, End Game and Brightburn, it's looking like a great year ahead.

cr0w

Old Member
Can you spoiler the spoiler, I didn’t catch it.

I may have been mistaken, I saw another post talking about a newspaper headline somewhere in the background that read something like

WORLD MOURNS STARK AND ROGERS

Haven't been able to re-watch it to verify, so I may have gotten incorrect info.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I may have been mistaken, I saw another post talking about a newspaper headline somewhere in the background that read something like

WORLD MOURNS STARK AND ROGERS

Haven't been able to re-watch it to verify, so I may have gotten incorrect info.
I rewatched a few times and I couldnt see anything like that. With the level of scrutiny and examination these trailers go under I really dont see them letting something like that slip by.

But it doesnt bode well that Happy is there telling Peter he is on his own this time. Where is tony?? Dead? Retired?

bitbydeath

I rewatched a few times and I couldnt see anything like that. With the level of scrutiny and examination these trailers go under I really dont see them letting something like that slip by.

But it doesnt bode well that Happy is there telling Peter he is on his own this time. Where is tony?? Dead? Retired?

Same, on the other hand they're talking about Ironman and Thor at the very end and not showing any signs indicating how they miss him or anything when spoken about.

Top Bottom