• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider Man Miles Morales - NEW Gameplay

Rolla

Banned
BeautifulIckyChevrotain-size_restricted.gif

JimiNutz

Banned
I loved the first game and was really hyped for this but it looked way too similar to the original in terms of gameplay.
I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun to play but it's hard for me to get too excited when it looks so similar to the game I played in 2018.

MiguelItUp

Looks pretty cool, not a system seller for me, but definitely something I'll pick up at some point in the future whenever I get a PS5.

Montauk

It's strange to me how people are treating this gen as being somehow completely different to previous gens.

Launch periods always have tonnes of cross gen games and ports, for basic reasons of install base and profits. The launch, first year, second year, always feature a lot of games (not all, think of Killzone Shadowfall) that, again for obvious reasons, aren't able to fully display everything the hardware in question is fully capable of.

People can't go into this gen thinking that the PS5 is going to produce its GOTs, TLOU2, HZD, GOW (etc) level titles in terms of visuals at launch and in that first year.

Last edited:
S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Gameplay is a stretch. I sincerely hope I never have to watch another new game demo where the player has to mash a button while stuff happens on screen.

Audiophile

Gold Member
Mostly Miles Morales walking around, QTE, cinematics & dev chatting, plus it's cross-gen. I love Spidey and I'll still pick this up eventually when I do get a PS5 (now later next year, when there are actual next-gen games) but this was an abysmal showing for a game coming out in a couple months.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Looks gorgeous.

Full remaster here I come; only played a bit of this.

But it was hilarious it started with the classic "follow someone walking and talking" missions lol.. and a set-piece QTE gameplay dealio.. honestly I love Sony games DESPITE that crap.

Humdinger

I loved seeing the gameplay. That was really impressive to me. Cross-gen or not, that looked mighty purdy.

It's strange to me how people are treating this gen as being somehow completely different to previous gens.

Launch periods always have tonnes of cross gen games and ports, for basic reasons of install base and profits. The launch, first year, second year, always feature a lot of games (not all, think of Killzone Shadowfall) that, again for obvious reasons, aren't able to fully display everything the hardware in question is fully capable of.

People can't go into this gen thinking that the PS5 is going to produce its GOTs, TLOU2, HZD, GOW (etc) level titles in terms of visuals at launch and in that first year.

Logically, what you're saying makes perfect sense. Cross gen releases make a ton of sense, especially when you're talking about (on the PS side) 120 million potential customers.

The problem is a political one, basically. People have gotten invested in certain positions. PS guys have been touting the purity of generations and the evils of cross-gen development. Xbox guys have been talking about the virtue of inclusivity and customer-friendliness and so forth and downplaying the problems of cross-gen development. Now the Xbox guys are celebrating -- "haha, you're saddled with it, too," basically, and the PS guys are feeling frustrated.

Last edited:

Arkam

Looks dope! And I am talking the dank stuff. Loved the first game and this looks like more/better. So, im jus gonna give Sony my CC now and they can charge it whenever they want for this one.

Arun1910

Looks cross-gen honestly (which it is).

Gonna be honest, Spider-Man PS4 is stunning to look at in 4K and even more so in HDR.

Only thing that ruins it is 30FPS. Now that we will get a 60FPS mode and enhanced textures this will still be a really good looking game, cross gen or otherwise.

Vaelka

@ 2:05

And the award for most generic military dudebro designs goes to...
Sorry xD, I am just baffled by how these types of guys in video games end up all looking the same.
They look so extremely generic.

Edit: Also, '' gameplay ''. Wasn't much gameplay tbh, mostly cinematics?

Last edited:

iorek21

I may wait for sale for this one. $70 (350 brazilian reais) for a DLC+ remaster of a game I already own is a little too much.

tryDEATH

I am not that familiar with Spider-Man, but was there this much idle time in the full game? From the cut scenes to the quick time events and then the slow downs in the middle of combat, it just seem way to much interruption for this to have a nice flow and rhythm when it comes to playing it with all these transition jumps.

It looks pretty, but I am not sure for how long I could take the interruptions before walking away.

Top Bottom