• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man Miles Morales sold 70% less copies than 2018's Spider-Man

Why are you even talking to these bigot sandwiches, just let the game talk for itself. When Spider-Man Miles Morales eventually outsells the original Spider-Man and they kill off Peter Parker in the sequel so that he can take over, their tears will be delightful.

Some people just can't get over the fact that their favorite superhero isn't theirs anymore. Miles Morales is an overall better character than Peter Parker, who is a product of an outdated white world. Miles is a hero for POC folkx who need somebody to look up to in a post Trumpian world. Insomniac knows where the future is at and people need to understand that.

Just buy Miles Morales and enjoy the damn game already. It is actually really good and Miles is a really interesting character.
I can't tell if this is satire or not.

K.S v2.0

Banned
They tried to effectively sell a DLC sub-story as a full game... What the hell did they expect? Additionally, its not just 'Spider-Man' people like but also the Peter Parker character. It doesn't matter who you put the suit on and CALL Spider-Man... to a lot of people if its not Peter, it ain't Spider-Man.

Then the fact there's a load of woke BS in the game is just the icing on the fail cake. If this were allowed to succeed, the next game may as well be titled Spider-Ma'am.

Last edited:

karasu

You’re...kind of making my case. “If you don’t like switching the main hero you know and love for diversity then fuck you.” That’s why almost every woke movie has bombed when theaters were still a thing and spider mans sales cratered 70 percent. Because if you don’t like it then fuck you, what a sales pitch.
man, you're full of shit. :messenger_tears_of_joy: There isn't even anything new about a biracial Spider-Man. We had that in the '90s (1992)with Miguel O'Hara and Spider-Man 2099. Een if you don't know who he is, they borrowed some of his traits for the first Spider-Man movies. Organic webbing for example. It's not about 'woke' or whatever the fuck.
sUukbaH.jpg

I would guess that people are waiting for a PS5 to play it, they didn’t care for the first one, or it’s not a full blown sequel and the price seems too steep for buyers. I personally fall under the last two categories. I bought it new from a scalper for $45 with Spider-Man remastered because of that.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I can't tell if this is satire or not.
I would hope it were satire, but unfortunately it is not I bet. There are some people in gaming and politics that feel no shame in admitting something pleases them because it pisses other people off. They see no problem is framing this as retribution essentially and openly stating “this is taking away your character for something I want and I am loving you being upset about it, cry moar”.
Not to talk about the PoC banner flattening everyone non white in a single group as if it were a war... I am not sure where to start with that post honestly: it hurts the discussion of the game on its own merits as it makes it all about woke vs non woke and I do not even believe the game is about that either... discourse going to shit...

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
bootleg spiderman
8 hours
70 bucks

i wonder why.
It is not $70 but $49 and not bootleg (what do you even mean by that? Miguel O’Hara, Ben Reilly, Kane, etc... none of those was bootleg and I would not mind an adventure centered around them... heck the original Scarlet Spider suit is my default suit in most Spidey games), but you know this.

Look, you can complain about its length or the things it could have added to justify it being a standalone game and we can discuss and disagree on that or agree (the support for it so far has been good, see RT+60 FPS patch for example, Dual Sense implementation, etc...). No need to make things up IMHO.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I thought the game was pretty good, yes certain cutscenes had me eye rolling away, but I thought it was the superior game of the two largely down to them taking miles who in the comics just sucked and turning his story around so it actually made sense.

In the comics his uncle is essentially an asshole to him pretty much 85% of the time for example but miles still admires him for the sake of plot convenience, in this his uncle is a generally likable guy who you can see why Miles respects.

Overall the game introduces a better character than the comics ever did for him, on the other hand some of the woke shit was getting a little in your face, not because it was "OMFG DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER?!" but more that it was constant to a level that just felt unnatural (I know in a world with super heroes right?) I guess it is meant to be a fantasy world after all, but the world is a mean place so it detracts from the feeling of "this is the real world, just with spiderman".

Last edited:

JCK75

For me I loved Spider-Man but it was a big game and by the end it was starting to feel tedious.. having finished it not that long ago I just am not ready for more yet.

Gediminas

Banned
i have platinum, but this game is a little bit of a scam. it is 3-5h sold for 50$. even Order 1866 was way longer and still it got huge hate, and that game was full and good game.

Papacheeks

Banned
The first game is still quite fresh in the memory and the sequel seems like an expansion more than anything, full priced release is a tough pill to swallow.

Also this, I genuinely didn’t realise it was out on PS4.

It's not full price though? it;s $50. And full price gives you remastered spiderman with all DLC. I bought it and i already owned the original and the dlc for PS4. hOLY SHIT those improvements are fucking crazy. I find myself playing faster through remastered spiderman because of no load times. I literally am halfway through it, and have less time invested than I did with PS4 version which felt bloated at times.

If this is how fast I can get into gameplay and play through a game or restart a failed mission in a split second going forward im all in.

I did not really notice the ray tracing since its done really well. It's more subtle as you miss it while swinging fast through the city. Also going to the tallest building and being able to see everyone rendered, even cars, pedestrians can be seen if you zoom even from that high up.

Being able to drop all the way down into the city with all that density is seriously to me next gen.

It's worth the money.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Because it's not a full sequel therefore wasn't marketed as bigly as 2018.

I'm also under the impression people want to wait till ps5 to play it, or they don't know it's on ps4.
This is the first time, for me, hearing that it's on PS4. Still don't plan on buying it, but a lot of people probably just aren't aware that it's cross-gen.

v_iHuGi

Banned
They tried to effectively sell a DLC sub-story as a full game... What the hell did they expect? Additionally, its not just 'Spider-Man' people like but also the Peter Parker character. It doesn't matter who you put the suit on and CALL Spider-Man... to a lot of people if its not Peter, it ain't Spider-Man.

Then the fact there's a load of woke BS in the game is just the icing on the fail cake. If this were allowed to succeed, the next game may as well be titled Spider-Ma'am.

This post will age like Milk, some of you really like to be laughed at.

Can´t wait for the 10M Sell Through announcement.

Last edited:

Magog.

Banned
Same thing probably happened to Uncharted Lost Legacy because it wasn't a numbered sequel and didn't star Nathan Drake. Despite that I liked it more than Uncharted 4. Much better use of the open world, the characters were more charming and had better chemistry and the pacing and set pieces were more exciting.

Edit: this is also estimated sales from a site I never heard of. Hard to imagine they have access to PSN download info.

Last edited:

karasu

A lot of the posts in this very thread say otherwise.
A lot of the posts in this thread are full of shit. Why are these games even being compared like this? No one looks at how much Uncharted: Lost Legacy sold compared to Uncharted 4 and then go on to blame the loss on 'wokeness' or being 'bootleg' or whatever. We don't do this with Left Behind or other spinoffs. Who the fuck expects a spinoff to start off as big as the original? NO ONE! This entire thing is full of the soggiest kind of shit.

NickFire

I do believe this issue genuinely falls into the nothing to see here category. The topic is a game widely considered a PS5 game, and which people generally want to play on PS5. There are no PS5's to buy and play it on.

YuLY

A lot of the posts in this thread are full of shit. Why are these games even being compared like this? No one looks at how much Uncharted: Lost Legacy sold compared to Uncharted 4 and then go on to blame the loss on 'wokeness' or being 'bootleg' or whatever. We don't do this with Left Behind or other spinoffs. Who the fuck expects a spinoff to start off as big as the original? NO ONE! This entire thing is full of the soggiest kind of shit.
Maybe, just maybe, you are incorrect? has that thought come through your mind?

Peter Parker is spider-man for me. I dont care what 90s comics or stuff you point out, I didnt even know those exist. Not everyone is american on this planet to have access to those comics, and not all PS players are american. I repeat, Peter Parker is Spider-man for me and everyone else looks like a poser or woke agenda driven.

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this black guy being spider-man in the reveal trailer, was : who the f**k is this guy ?
I'm tired of these alternative characters pushed in front for the woke agenda. I dont care how long back it goes, I grew up with the spider-man cartoon in which Peter Parker was the char and then with the Tobey movies.

Last edited:

SegaThrasher

Neo Member

Peter Parker is spider-man for me. I dont care what 90s comics or stuff you point out, I didnt even know those exist. Not everyone is american on this planet to have access to those comics, and not all PS players are american. I repeat, Peter Parker is Spider-man for me and everyone else looks like a poser or woke agenda driven.

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this black guy being spider-man in the reveal trailer, was : who the f**k is this guy ?
I'm tired of these alternative characters pushed in front for the woke agenda. I dont care how long back it goes, I grew up with the spider-man cartoon in which Peter Parker was the char and then with the Tobey movies.
Well said. Bandwagon agenda driven characters are the worst.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
i have platinum, but this game is a little bit of a scam. it is 3-5h sold for 50$. even Order 1866 was way longer and still it got huge hate, and that game was full and good game.
Nonsense. It is not 3-5 hours long and there is no way Order 1866 was way longer which was actually a 3-5 hour game.

What a ridiculous post.

chinoXL

wow at some of these comments in here..since its a black character its a bandwagon driven agenda or woke?? if people only think Spider man is Peter then how come Into the Spider-Verse banked almost half a billion? smh ignorance at its finest with some of you in here

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Screaming from the mountaintops about prices and game length is where gamers miss the greatness of story, characters and gameplay. Just a wrong way of thinking.

Woman7

Banned
Always seemed like a poor mans GTA to me. Plus I'm not interested in "super heroes". A regular hero will do just fine, thank you.

iorek21

Not really surprising considering the scope of this game.

Also, December/November were basically dominated by AC Valhalla and Cyberpunk.

karasu

There is nothing wrong with Peter being your favorite Spider-Man. But when you say 'I don't care how far back it goes" then that means you're choosing willful ignorance. Its simply more comfortable for you to believe that it is part of some woke agenda rather than accepting it as ordinary comic book storytelling. These are legacy characters who often pass the torch, and yes sometimes the characters they pass the torch to come from a different ethnic background than they do. Stries are told from new angles. So what? I've read white Peter Parker/Batman/multiple batgirls/ my whole life without complaining. Bitch ass people like you can't see a black Spider-man for a second without throwing a fit and feeling like the world is caving in around you. You're weak. I have no sympathy for you.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
There is nothing wrong with Peter being your favorite Spider-Man. But when you say 'I don't care how far back it goes" then that means you're choosing willful ignorance. Its simply more comfortable for you to believe that it is part of some woke agenda rather than accepting it as ordinary comic book storytelling. These are legacy characters who often pass the torch, and yes sometimes the characters they pass the torch to come from a different ethnic background than they do. Stries are told from new angles. So what? I've read white Peter Parker/Batman/multiple batgirls/ my whole life without complaining. Bitch ass people like you can't see a black Spider-man for a second without throwing a fit and feeling like the world is caving in around you. You're weak. I have no sympathy for you.

But Miles was introduced in 2011, exactly at the beginning of the woke movement that’s swept over all of media.

I mean, he’s fine for a watered-down palette swapped Peter Parker, but let’s not kid ourselves about why he exists.

Megatron

Spin-offs just never sell as well as full numbered sequels.

I almost bought it and I want it, but I will wait and get it when I get a PS5.

But Miles was introduced in 2011, exactly at the beginning of the woke movement that’s swept over all of media.

I mean, he’s fine for a watered-down palette swapped Peter Parker, but let’s not kid ourselves about why he exists.

You really hate Miles don't you? Why can't you just accept that he's a hero for many black and latinx folkx who don't have the kind of representation in the media that you do. For me he represents the ideals of the Spider-Man but from the perspective of a young black male which makes him more relatable to someone like me.

And not only that, he is widely regarded as the best Spider-Man anyway, just look at how well Into the Spider-Verse was received compared to the other Spider-Man films that came before it.

Skifi28

wow at some of these comments in here..since its a black character its a bandwagon driven agenda or woke?? if people only think Spider man is Peter then how come Into the Spider-Verse banked almost half a billion? smh ignorance at its finest with some of you in here

Unfortunately, we live in a world where such agendas are pushed so much into people's faces to the point they regard everything with suspicion. As expected, wokeness has the exact opposite result and only reinforces discrimination.

Boss Mog

Most people want to play it on PS5 and don't have a PS5 yet, the sales will pick up when PS5 stock becomes available. Now I'm just waiting for Kotaku or some other such woke rag to write an article about how it's because of racism that it didn't sell well.

Top Bottom