• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man |OT| web's outta stock y'all

kingwingin

so how was doc ock stuck for so long on how to make working bionic arm when scorpions suit had that tail for years which is basically the same thing.

Nymphae

Banned
so how was doc ock stuck for so long on how to make working bionic arm when scorpions suit had that tail for years which is basically the same thing.

The neural interface probably.

Scorpions tail doesn't really look like it's on the same level as Doc's tentacles, It's basically a heavy bat with a stinger on the end, it's not really made clear if he uses his mind to control it in the same way Doc uses the tentacles, like he can do some pretty crazy shit with those (the juggling). Unless I missed something, it seems like the other guy's suits are simply technological enhancements, whereas Doc's tech meshes with the brain.

Otto could have developed similar technology to what the other villains use, but it was the prospect of losing his body, coupled with his anger towards Norman, that sort of pushed him towards the idea of enhancing himself with the technology

Last edited:

A.Romero

Not only does Peter see Martin Li turning into Mr. Negative, but he also sneaked into his office collecting more than enough evidence proving that Li and Mr. Negative ate the same person.

Not totally true...

It seems I missed this! Thanks.

Got my platinum. Thankfully there's no trophies for the newspapers cause I'm missing a lot. I think I might have missed some recordings too which annoys me cause I thought I was being very thorough with those.

zwiggelbig

This game looks as good as the person playing it. If they are crap at web swinging and/or Combat then it can make the game look dull.

Playing it is a blast. If I had to compare GoW to Spider-Man as which Sony Exclusive was better this year in terms of story telling, side quests, general upgrade systems etc etc... Probably GoW, I would rate GoW a 9 out of 10 and Spider-Man a solid 8.

But which is more fun? Spider-Man for me, and for that reason it would be my GoTY
I agree with u. I like the story of spiderman way more then god of war. Gets me in it way more. I enjoy the side stuff more then in God of war and in gow i was just rushing true to finish it. Spiderman I dont want mainnmissiion to end so I do alot of side stuff in between. Do a main mission, some side stuff and back to main.

I just hate the mj parts

WaterAstro

Watching a stream replay, I realized I missed a lot of content with the way I played. When I got the demon crimes available, I just did all of them. There were only two kinds of crimes for the demons, but now that I see the streamer play through it, not doing every crime right away, I see that I missed out on a lot of crimes because of the crime side mission limit. I saw a couple where you help Sable fight against Demons, and another one about a Demon car chase.

I think that's a terrible design. If they had problems with the player gaining more exp or whatever, then just take that away. Don't take away the event or players will just miss content.

VulcanRaven

I encountered a glitch today. I got stuck inside one building while web-swinging in Chinatown. The walls were invisible from the inside but I could still climb them. I couldn't get out so I had to reload the last save.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Anyone else have this weird music glitch post-game, where the swinging music just doesn't play after a mission? If I load the game up, the ambient music plays just fine while swinging around. As soon as I complete any mission or crime or anything, no more music when swinging. I have to reload. I really hope this gets fixed.

A.Romero

Anyone else have this weird music glitch post-game, where the swinging music just doesn't play after a mission? If I load the game up, the ambient music plays just fine while swinging around. As soon as I complete any mission or crime or anything, no more music when swinging. I have to reload. I really hope this gets fixed.

I noticed the music stopped a few times but it wasn't good enough for me to care.

Woodchipper

Apart from a few bugs here and there, this is pretty much flawless, and everything and more than I wanted from a Spider-Man game. I too, like many others, don't want it to end 'cause it's such a blast.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Bought the limited edtion yesterday and gotta say the game is really good, better than i expected. Played it for 1.5h and im loving it. But i was dissapointed with one thing, i would like the use the L2 trigger as a speed up swing like SM2 and 3. If they can add this it will be perfect. Outside that great game with fantastic web slinging and graphics.

royox

Bought the limited edtion yesterday and gotta say the game is really good, better than i expected. Played it for 1.5h and im loving it. But i was dissapointed with one thing, i would like the use the L2 trigger as a speed up swing like SM2 and 3. If they can add this it will be perfect. Outside that great game with fantastic web slinging and graphics.

Instead of that you have to use real momentum and time your pressing of X so Spidey drops the web at the right moment earning a lot of speed.

Also after you learn some moves you can travel incredibly fast, I didn't miss Spiderman's 2 swinging for a single second.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Instead of that you have to use real momentum and time your pressing of X so Spidey drops the web at the right moment earning a lot of speed.

Also after you learn some moves you can travel incredibly fast, I didn't miss Spiderman's 2 swinging for a single second.
Yeah its a bit different, i need to get used to it probably. The swinging physics are really nice and believable, so thats a huge plus.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I’m still having a lot of fun just exploring the city and getting collectibles. Finished up the backpacks, landmark photos and Fisk construction sites last night. Should probably focus more on the story.

Nymphae

Banned

I definitely miss the Swing Boost mechanic from 2. The swinging feels absolutely amazing here, but I think I would like it better with that feature. But overall they did an incredible job here and I am ridiculously excited to see how they expand the moveset in the sequel.

I fucking bought the DLC this week too, last time I bought story DLC was Ass Creed 2!

RPS37

I’m still having a lot of fun just exploring the city and getting collectibles. Finished up the backpacks, landmark photos and Fisk construction sites last night. Should probably focus more on the story.

Same. I’m starting to get sad that I feel like I’m running out of collectibles, besides the challenges which haven’t unlocked yet.

Also, I have to admit...the second MJ mission was trash.

Last edited:

royox

Platinum get.

I just want more excuses to keep swinging around, am I crazy? :_____

Wish the car chases were harder and more truck chases with combats over them, I love when the game forces you to swing at full speed chasing for something (the pidgeon sidequest was fun as fuck for me).

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Platinum get.

I just want more excuses to keep swinging around, am I crazy? :_____

Wish the car chases were harder and more truck chases with combats over them, I love when the game forces you to swing at full speed chasing for something (the pidgeon sidequest was fun as fuck for me).

You can keep doing random crimes right? That's enough for me to keep swinging around. Though I am already really excited for the DLC, I need more content.

Zimmy68

I'm finally at the part (2nd act?) where the main villain emerges.
Interesting GTA trope- swinging around the city gets a lot more dangerous.

I am both loving the story but also perplexed.
If villain "A" wants to get back at person "N" so bad, why go through all the machinations of prison breaks?, etc.
Just go directly to the mansion and take him out.

royox

If villain "A" wants to get back at person "N" so bad, why go through all the machinations of prison breaks?, etc.

He wants to destroy him. Everything he is, everything he made, his reputation, his soul, his company...and he also wants him to suffer while everything is falling.

Nymphae

Banned
One of my favourite things to do in fights on rooftops has been to use the web throw during air combat to throw guys straight down over the edge of a building lol. I used to love throwing guys huge distances off the roofs in SM2 lol.

But in this game I noticed they go out of their way to make sure enemies that Spidey throws over the edge are webbed to the building instead of smoking the pavement.

Another really nice touch I found accidentally last night - If you're at street level, and go to run directly up the side of a building that has the fire escapes on it, Spidey does this really cool run up, he steps on each fire escape and uses webbing with each step to get to the next one. Hard to describe, just try it. I avoided running up walls that have fire escapes for my entire playthrough, because it just seems like you're going to get tangled, but I accidentally did it last night and it's great that they have a special animation just for that.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Got my plat last night. Great game, 9/10.

I'm having a hard time believing someone plat'ed this game in the release weekend. It was a long game, it took me 13 days of playing, not sure on the hour count.

WaterAstro

Got my plat last night. Great game, 9/10.

I'm having a hard time believing someone plat'ed this game in the release weekend. It was a long game, it took me 13 days of playing, not sure on the hour count.
Kyle Bosman plat the game before it came out on his review copy lol.

ExpandKong

Banned
One of my favourite things to do in fights on rooftops has been to use the web throw during air combat to throw guys straight down over the edge of a building lol. I used to love throwing guys huge distances off the roofs in SM2 lol.

Or when you unlock that piledriver move and piledrive a thug off the top of a skyscraper and into the sidewalk, legendaryyyyy

Not only does Peter see Martin Li turning into Mr. Negative, but he also sneaked into his office collecting more than enough evidence proving that Li and Mr. Negative ate the same person.

Not totally true...

The suit lowkey resembles captain marvel’s suit (y)

nowhat

This may be old information for those still keeping up with the comics (I admit I don't anymore), but here's an "etymology" of the suits in the game (and spoilers, obviously):

Platinumed the game today, but must say i didn't really like it.

Way to repetitive and not enough variety in enemies or missions.

6/10

Paasei

Platinumed it yesterday, had a great experience and looking forward to new game plus. Combat system is combined with the animations is amazing. So is the movement.

blackjon24

Platinumed the game today, but must say i didn't really like it.

Way to repetitive and not enough variety in enemies or missions.

6/10

How is it that I really enjoyed this game and would give it a solid 8.5 yet you didn't really like it and you platinumed it while I haven't and probably won't lol

Last edited:

zwiggelbig

Same. I’m starting to get sad that I feel like I’m running out of collectibles, besides the challenges which haven’t unlocked yet.

Also, I have to admit...the second MJ mission was trash.
YES SUPER TRASH. Hated it.. also fck u mj why go in that base alone.. shes annoying

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

Lol, well, you know all those jokey references about how cartoon villains have needlessly complex plans? Or, in Austin Powers or countless other comedy movies pointing the same out? This is prettty much that scenario.

Nymphae

Banned
Got my platinum last night, don't want to stop playing. Only thing left I need is Ultimate rating on some remaining Task master challenges. I have never wanted DLC more than this, it can't come soon enough. Dying for some more suits because the only 2 I really enjoy rocking are Scarlet Spider and the Stark suit.

Think I might be at a glitch. Toward the end of the game...

I'm in the building where I moved the picture on the wall and went into the hidden door. I'm looking at the table having to find Dr Michael's path. After examining the points of interest, all I can do is look around. I cant back away from the table, I cant examine anything, I cant move. I restarted the game and it happened again. Any help or is this game breaking?

I'm in the building where I moved the picture on the wall and went into the hidden door. I'm looking at the table having to find Dr Michael's path. After examining the points of interest, all I can do is look around. I cant back away from the table, I cant examine anything, I cant move. I restarted the game and it happened again. Any help or is this game breaking?
You can click on the the types of points of interest to change them such as the holdings possibly being commercial or research properties or offices (I don't exactly remember). The map will reflect what's currently selected. Same applies to the Sable forces.

A.Romero

Did you find the correct combination?

nowhat

I ended up platinuming this, which is not something that I usually do. It can be amusing to get a random trophy that has a funny theme unintentionally, like when I was playing Second Son for the first time - I was doing a good karma run, but still got the "Everyone's a critic" trophy for killing enough street musicians. Partially it was collateral damage, but I have to admit a bit of it was intentional too. Didn't know the trophy existed, when it popped up it gave me a chuckle. But that's pretty much the extent of it, I don't have "over 100 plats" and don't lose any sleep over the fact. Just that this time around, I found the core gameplay to be so enjoyable that I went full collectathon.

But just as a tip to those who haven't already gone 100% and are planning to - unlock all of the suits first before doing all of the gadget upgrades/new suit mods. Or at least reserve the challenge tokens for unlocking the suits at first. Maybe it's just me, but the bomb challenges and especially the drone challenges were just tedious (the stealth challenges I really liked though, and the combat ones were alright). I've still some suit mods to unlock, but meh. I'll rather just free-roam the city than chase after a stupid drone.

Last edited:
Did you find the correct combination?

Actually figured it out. What was happening was I was clicking on the wrong things. I guess that made the game unhappy and it would just lock you out of doing anything. I could look around and that's it. After 3 restarts I got it. Completed the game and loved every minute. I'll platinum it probably tomorrow.

VulcanRaven

I'm now at over 50%. I don't know how far I'm in the main story. Probably not very far. I just
finished Tombstone side-missions. The fight was fun.
I encountered a glitch yesterday. All the street noises stopped after doing one story mission. I couldn't hear cars and other noises. I had to reload the last save.

Last edited:
Top Bottom