• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Verse |OT| Every Spider-Man Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drayco21

amazing-spider-man-612x929-8cf8d.jpg

I imagine this is what he was talking about. Probably Secret Wars related and not going to have any bearing on Spider-Verse, but probably worth posting.

Drayco21

Preview Day:

Amazing Spider-Man #9

SPIDER-VERSE BEGINS HERE!

• Superstar artist OLIVIER COIPEL (THOR, SIEGE, HOUSE OF M) joins DAN SLOTT to bring you the biggest spider-event ever!

• When a force of evil threatens spider-characters throughout the multiverse, EVERY SPIDER-MAN EVER is needed to save the day!

Apparently Anya is Spider-Woman's protege now. Which means that if she survives this event, the best we can hope for is seeing her in a Hopeless/Land book, names that should really indicate how excited to be for it. Blegh. At least things are finally going to get really rolling in #9, and it looks fantastic.

Spider-Verse Team-Up #1

SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!

Which is obvious from the title!

• TWO SPIDEY-STORIES PER ISSUE!

• The old-man Spider-Man from AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #500 and Spider-Ham team-up to recruit BEN REILLY!

• Spider-Man Noir and a Six-Armed Spider-Man go on a mission that terrifies them more than anything they’ve ever seen!

Looking forward to this one; Last Stand Spidey, Spider-Ham and Noir Spider in the same book? Hype.

As always, full previews can be found here.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I fucked up by subscribing to ASM. They sent me #8 on Saturday, a week and half after it hit shelves. Monday, I got a copy of #7. This sucks.

Fintan

I fucked up by subscribing to ASM. They sent me #8 on Saturday, a week and half after it hit shelves. Monday, I got a copy of #7. This sucks.
Did you subscribe directly from Marvel? This exact thing used to happen to me but I figured it had something to do with shipping to Ireland.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Did you subscribe directly from Marvel? This exact thing used to happen to me but I figured it had something to do with shipping to Ireland.

Yeah. They're coming from New York and I live in Virginia. It really shouldn't take a week and a half. I completely regret subscribing a couple months ago. So far I've gotten 3 issues that I had already purchased (also subbed to Rocket Raccoon).

There's 60's cartoon and Toei Spider-Man. And... Iron Fist Spider-Man? Evangelion Spider-Man? Rorsachach Spider-Man?

Spider-Pool. Boat Captain Spider-Man. Spider-Hulk. Spider-Dog or something. Every Web of Life shot has been exciting to comb through.

Slayven

There are no words, just tears. When I die jsut bury me with Spiderverse, complete run of WIldcore, and Amanda Conner's Power Girl.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Spider Verse has been pretty... Amazing so far.

It really has. And it's only just starting. The Edge of Spider-Verse stuff was crazy good.

I laughed out loud10 when Clash popped up in Amazing. Really hated Learning to Crawl, but I'm glad something came out of it. The reveal was hilarious.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Why did you have to re-open old wounds? I'm still traumatized from that one.

edit: the 80s series is on netflix? well i know what I'm doing tonight
I had just finished the series days before reading that issue. I was happy to finally have some closure.

It's mad corny, but I liked Amazing Friends. It's also very unfaithful to the character, especially the aliens episode. You'll know it when you get to it.
I still need to watch the MTV series

I kinda like it. I rewatched it about a couple months ago. Neil Patrick Harris does a pretty good job as Peter Parker. There's also an episode with Eve playing Harry's love interest, which is pretty funny. I remember when it first aired, MTV was really pushing her cameo.

Messi

There are no words, just tears. When I die jsut bury me with Spiderverse, complete run of WIldcore, and Amanda Conner's Power Girl.

Sorry but I am being buried with every single copy of Amanda Conners Pee Gee.

Goodness I am really digging Spider-Verse. Amazing was fantastic this week. I want this thing in a hardcover if it continues the level shown in Edge of Spider-Verse.

lazygecko

I had just finished the series days before reading that issue. I was happy to finally have some closure.

It's mad corny, but I liked Amazing Friends. It's also very unfaithful to the character, especially the aliens episode. You'll know it when you get to it.

I kinda like it. I rewatched it about a couple months ago. Neil Patrick Harris does a pretty good job as Peter Parker. There's also an episode with Eve playing Harry's love interest, which is pretty funny. I remember when it first aired, MTV was really pushing her cameo.

The only episode I could recall was the SWAAAARM one. It was kind of creepy. And the opening theme is excellent. Amazing Friends really feels more like something inbetween the 70's and 80's which you can tell from certain things like the style of the music, and the need to have this token pet thrown in (didn't Superfriends have some kind of monkey?) which was a common 70's cartoon thing.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
The only episode I could recall was the SWAAAARM one. It was kind of creepy. And the opening theme is excellent. Amazing Friends really feels more like something inbetween the 70's and 80's which you can tell from certain things like the style of the music, and the need to have this token pet thrown in (didn't Superfriends have some kind of monkey?) which was a common 70's cartoon thing.

Yeah, I thought I was watching 60s Spider-Man for the first few episodes. When I finally looked at the release date and saw it was 80s, I was mindfucked. Looks and feels way older.

It's a very strange show. Netflix is missing one episode, due to a bunch of Nazi stuff. edit: here's the missing episode on Youtube.

Yeah, I thought I was watching 60s Spider-Man for the first few episodes. When I finally looked at the release date and saw it was 80s, I was mindfucked. Looks and feels way older.

It's a very strange show. Netflix is missing one episode, due to a bunch of Nazi stuff. edit: here's the missing episode on Youtube.

It's on there, it's just episode 13

you aint kidding about the nazi stuff though. swastikas all up in that bitch

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
It's on there, it's just episode 13

you aint kidding about the nazi stuff though. swastikas all up in that bitch

Oh, I missed it. Glad it's included. No need to shelter kids from the atrocities Red Skull committed. It's history.

No word on the Amazing Friends universe screw up yet, right? Hopefully they just roll with that one.

Those Amazing Friends and Unlimited universes are not exactly the same universes from the shows, they are similar but it's pretty clear that there was no typo

Drayco21

How long is this event?

Based on solicitations, it's going on well into January. The trade comes out May 12.

can anyone answer why they brought
Peter Parker back in ultimate verse? the in comic reason?

The same way Osborn keeps coming back- the Oz in his system causes him to heal and get back, though there appears to be someone tampering with his body. It doesn't seem like Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man is tying into Spider-Verse, so I don't think they brought him back to impact this storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom