• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman + GTA = ... profits?

I've been playing Spiderman 2 a LOT since I cracked it open a couple days ago. Like my obsession with GTAIII a few years back, I'm barely making any actual progress in the game cause I'm dinking around so much.

To the point, Rockstar needs to license Spidey and the wonderful web slinging engine from this game and insert him as an unlockable character in future GTAs. But not a good spidey. Evil Spidey. Cause then you can just randomly string up pedestrians in webbing, hang them all from lamp posts and then flame throw them all, in a row. Or hang them in a neat line and drive a truck through them all. Or while driving your car, hop on the roof and web away just as the thing is hurtled into an oncoming semi. The possibilities of a bad Spidey are limitless.

I've got some really cool tricks I'm trying to perfect in Spiderman 2 right now. One involves the highest building in the city, "jet-webbing" at 2 feet off the ground, slingshotting and turn-arounds in mid-air. If there were more people here with capture cards, a trick contest would be a really cool thing to do.

Bob White

This game is like crack to me. I'm addicted in the worst way possible.

If this game were Batman, I'd probably never leave the house.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
keeblerdrow said:
I've been playing Spiderman 2 a LOT since I cracked it open a couple days ago. Like my obsession with GTAIII a few years back, I'm barely making any actual progress in the game cause I'm dinking around so much.

To the point, Rockstar needs to license Spidey and the wonderful web slinging engine from this game and insert him as an unlockable character in future GTAs. But not a good spidey. Evil Spidey. Cause then you can just randomly string up pedestrians in webbing, hang them all from lamp posts and then flame throw them all, in a row. Or hang them in a neat line and drive a truck through them all. Or while driving your car, hop on the roof and web away just as the thing is hurtled into an oncoming semi. The possibilities of a bad Spidey are limitless.

I've got some really cool tricks I'm trying to perfect in Spiderman 2 right now. One involves the highest building in the city, "jet-webbing" at 2 feet off the ground, slingshotting and turn-arounds in mid-air. If there were more people here with capture cards, a trick contest would be a really cool thing to do.

Marvel and Sony would never allow an "evil" spidey in a videogame unfrotunately :( Too much brand damage/dampening, imo.

Fantastic design, all around. I wish the game allowed for configurable controller button assignments...I want to use the stick clicks to center the camera with. I also wish that there was more variety in the random crimes. Otherwise, this game is fun and challenging. Definitely deserves to sell very well.

I don't think you'll see Spidey show up in a more darkly-themed game like GTA, though. Anyway, screw GTA, I want a new Bionic Commando using the basic swing control that this game has.

Redbeard

Banned
I was kind of hoping there would be some level of acceptable malevolence in Spider-Man 2. Beat up pedestrians, pick up cars and throw them around, get the cops on your tail, etc...

It would've been cool to have a sort of public opinion feature in the game (kind of like Fable), where if you do good deeds and such they'll love you, but if you just cause havoc and rob things they'll come to fear and hate you.

luxsol

Redbeard said:
I was kind of hoping there would be some level of acceptable malevolence in Spider-Man 2. Beat up pedestrians, pick up cars and throw them around, get the cops on your tail, etc...
Venom!

Activision has most marvel franchises video games rights... so it'll be a long while before spidey(Venom or Carnage for that matter) comes to GTA.

ElyrionX

I can't believe how much I'm enjoying myself in Spiderman 2. Usually, I have a very short attention span when it comes to videogames. However, Spiderman 2 has really got me hooked. I bought the game 3 days ago and just completed it today. Now, I'm trying to find all the skyscraper tokens. Truly a great game.

If there was more freedom to your actions and more variety in the random crime "quests" then this game would be pretty much perfect. Although, some of the damn boss fights can be annoying as hell. Anyone else fell into the goddamn water waaaaay too many times during the second last "boss fight"? The one where you had to hit 9 switches to turn off the machine and one of the switch was located under the floorboard and just above the water?

Who are the villians in this game? The first one had Shocker, Rhino, Kraven, Vulture, and Green Goblin. All I know of for this one is Doc Ock. Anyone else?

B'z-chan

Banned
Bob White said:
This game is like crack to me. I'm addicted in the worst way possible.

If this game were Batman, I'd probably never leave the house.

You sir have an idea. And i like it a lot. Just think being able to go all trough a classic Gotham with the Batmobile, Boat, and maybe Robin's bike. Oh and jumping from rooftop to rooftop with a little glide like system. I love the idea already. Oh man this sounds like sex. In the sam way that i would cream over a Superman game in the same vein if only it was more like the Dean Cain TV show, which was a little more to do with the man and not so much the villans.

DAMN YOU DC COMICS get on the ball and give your properties to freaking EA or whoever did spiderman.

evil ways

Uno Ill Nino said:
Who are the villians in this game? The first one had Shocker, Rhino, Kraven, Vulture, and Green Goblin. All I know of for this one is Doc Ock. Anyone else?

Rhino, Mysterio, Shocker and Doc Ock, that's pretty much it.

I'm a bit bummed cause in a way that's what makes the game's storyline so short. I guess it's either Sony's, Marvel's or Sam Raimi's fault, cause they probably don't want to overexpose or waste potential sequel villains on a single game. But still they should've added guys like Sandman, Kraven, and Electro just to stretch the story a bit.

B'z-chan said:
You sir have an idea. And i like it a lot. Just think being able to go all trough a classic Gotham with the Batmobile, Boat, and maybe Robin's bike. Oh and jumping from rooftop to rooftop with a little glide like system. I love the idea already. Oh man this sounds like sex. In the sam way that i would cream over a Superman game in the same vein if only it was more like the Dean Cain TV show, which was a little more to do with the man and not so much the villans.

DAMN YOU DC COMICS get on the ball and give your properties to freaking EA or whoever did spiderman.
:rock

Top Bottom