• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman on PS4 is by far.....

I made it maybe an hour into that game before I had to turn it off. The writing and "humor"was so bad. Was a real shame because the game itself seemed fun, but I couldn't get past the constant terrible quips from the MC

Dacon

Banned
The plot, hideous character models, outright annoying stealth missions and the obnoxious revamps of MJ and Black Cat drag the game down quite a bit for me. I seriously could not stand this generic stronk independent woman version of MJ. She's like a worse mashup of MJ and Norah Winters from the comics.

Webslinging is good but doesn't feel as fast as I want it to at times, and I found the more challenging combat scenarios to be out and out frustration.

I definitely enjoyed Arkham Knight more as far as the world design, overall aesthetic and great combat goes. Some of the cutscenes in Arkham Knight have absolutely fantastic camera work and the characters just look fucking great. It's a shame the plot is so bad near the end. Like it's predictable borderline dumb stuff, with the exception of the scene of Batman's psyche overcoming the Joker infection.

I'd give Spider-Man a personal score of a 7 out of 10 and Batman an 8 out of 10.

Last edited:

A.Romero

This game was my first platinum ever. I loved it.

I liked AK series a lot as well. Combat is better in Batman but Spider-man has the better transversal. It was so fun that I only used fast travel for the trophy and that's a big thing for me. I hate spending time just moving around.

Old Retro

Loved nearly everthing about it, gave it a 9.5 for it being so overwhelmingly good. Peter is an ugly dude though. It has way more freedom of movement than any Batman game. Those 2 are my favorite superheroes.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Love it so much. Fully completed it twice (the second time on the highest difficulty), as well as the DLC of course.

Can't wait for the sequel, but until then I'm looking forward to the stand-alone DLC that Miles Morales seems to be.

Top Bottom