• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman (PS4 Exclusive) from Insomniac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does BP have a big ass gut? They got a lot of junk food in Wakanda?

And speaking of junk food, nothing says "negligent parents always off in space/the microverse/the negative zone" like Franklin just sitting there watching TV in a dark room with a big box of donuts in his lap.

Khasim

OMG, I skipped the Sony conference (3 a.m. in my timezone), totally forgot about this being possible.

0gecNXQ.gif

I thought I could resist buying a console this gen. I guess I was wrong.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I feel I would be more excited for this if Insomniac didn't feel the need to put Spiderman in an absolutely hideous costume.

Spiderman's costume is a classic. Why mess with a good thing?

Wollan

My repeat viewings of this trailer is growing crazy.

edit: I think Insomniac will introduce a Spider-man suit editor now as a response to thread discussion. :)

reson8or

As a long time fan of Spider Man, my personal favorite costume is the Symbiot, and I didn't like the new one. However, after watching the trailer a few times, it's really grown on me and love the white accents along the arms and hands. I also really dig that the eyes can emote, this will help A LOT with conveying Spideys sense of humor, assuming they go that route.

F4r0_Atak

I wonder if Activision would trade Spyro for Spider-Man...

How did they lose those rights?

Two Things:
• Mediocre Marvel-related games
• Marvel didn't want to renew their contract with Activision due to the poor reception of their last Marvel games. That and Activision' publishing rights for games based on Marvel properties expired last December (I think?).

Bladelaw

I want this game in my veins. I think it'd be really interesting if they managed to incorporate "Peter" into the game and either do some clever photography (earn cash), design and build new tools (Upgrade system), manage relationships (could alter the story).

They said this is an older Parker so if that's the case are they going to run with the Parker Industries story? If so that opens another avenue with upgrades.

I'm curious what villains they'll use. A sinister six plot would be very gamey.

This is my most anticipated game of E3. As I learn more that may change but right now I'm just going to enjoy the fact that I'm going to play a new Spider-Man game.

Khasim

They tweeted there will be footage at PSX. I imagine that's it for now.

Wait, the last 2 PS Experiences were in December 2015 and 2016, does that mean this game will be out in 2017?

On one hand, nice, I may get Neo for this, on another... another year of waiting... and half a year for new footage...

All I ask is 20 seconds of just the swinging around the city gameplay, with controls explained. Insomniac pls. You must have the processing power and technology to actually improve on a system from a 2004 game instead of trying to re-design it or invent something completely different, but better (hint: you can't). Realistic swinging or no swinging.

We've had more than enough of that post-SM3 cloud-swinging bullshit.

I want this game in my veins. I think it'd be really interesting if they managed to incorporate "Peter" into the game and either do some clever photography (earn cash), design and build new tools (Upgrade system), manage relationships (could alter the story).

They said this is an older Parker so if that's the case are they going to run with the Parker Industries story? If so that opens another avenue with upgrades.

I'm curious what villains they'll use. A sinister six plot would be very gamey.

This is my most anticipated game of E3. As I learn more that may change but right now I'm just going to enjoy the fact that I'm going to play a new Spider-Man game.
My villain wish list
Kingpin
Green goblin
Hobgoblin
Scorpion
Rhino
Mysterio
Venom

TimFL

If you're referring to the @spiderman_game account, it's not verified so it may or may not be legit.

Don't official game accounts usually have "celeb" followers? The Spidey game account has not a single verified account as follower (and no Insomniac employees).

Seeing as how this will resmeble second son in world design and how that game was sps worse game in like 15 years if not ever... I'm not hyped about this at all

Pejo

By far this was the game of the show for me. Everything's coming up Spider-man these days. Great casting and portrayal in Civil War, new movie coming up, and now this.

I really can't wait for more info.

bunkitz

Superior suit, please.

Among many others.

I hope that, like the Batman Arkham games, we'll see plenty of Easter Eggs and nods to a wider Marvel (game) Universe. I've been asking for it ever since I first read about the rumors for this, but I really hope this will be the beginning of some sort of console game universe for Marvel. I love Spider-Man to death, but I would really like to see other heroes too, like Daredevil and Moon Knight.

I wonder who the main villain is, though. Mister Negative's in the game, that's for sure, but I don't think I want him as the main villain. Although... a "smaller" story involving villains like Mister Negative, Kingpin, and Hammerhead would be really cool. More on mobs, organized crime, and the like.

BPYj9Sm.gif

This gif.... hot damn... just this alone makes me excited.

I love the 'morphing' effect on the buildings and horizon as he swings. Looks great.

I reaaaally hope they include mid-air acrobatics at the end of a swing like in the old games. Used to love doing that. And holding X to launch yourself further at the end of a swing.

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check because I refuse to believe the final game will look this good

PS4-Neo maybe? :p

Regardless, Insomniac has done some impressive graphical work before (Resistance 3, in particular). They also have the full strength of the Spidey IP behind them. I'm sure Sony will spare no expense (maybe even bring in help from Santa Monica like they've done in the past?)

xHiryu

This and Titanfall 2 are my most hyped games, this shit looks downright fantastic. I have hope in Insomniac especially since Sunset Overdrive was apparently really good although I wonder what Sucker Punch is up to.

mark_79

Banned
I haven't gone through this thread yet, but I take it that preview was pre-rendered stuff and not PS4 generated real time graphics? :(

Isn't he doing Justice League right now?
JK Simmons voices him in the animated Ultimate Spider-man show on Disney. I'm sure it's possible to have him in a voice role if they really wanted to.

Having Yuri voice Spidey is great since he voices him in the Spider-man Unlimited mobile game and his "hero" voice sounds so good.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I really like the suit. At first I was like, what?, but then after seeing it more, it very quickly grew on me.

Marvel is closely in back and forth discourse with this game. So it is Marvel approved. /shrug

And you just know Insomniac will have unlock-able skins. Like in every game that ever made.

Bladelaw

My villain wish list
Kingpin
Green goblin
Hobgoblin
Scorpion
Rhino
Mysterio
Venom

I feel like Green Goblin and Venom are musts if they do multiple big name villains. If they're taking the more obscure villain angle with Mister Negative I'd rather they keep the big bad count down so the story doesn't lose focus. In this event I could see Rhino/Shocker/Scorpion/Vulture as filler villains with Mr. N pulling strings, maybe led by Osborne/Fisk as a "man behind the man" plot

is it just me or do the gifs in the OP look bullshotty as hell? so many cars and npcs and no pop-in etc at all that i can see..

I'm concerned by this too. This might be a small sample of Neo tech if it's not BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom